Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon away ticket restrictions (13.50 Update - SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    well, 608 in little over an hour suggests they will be all gone by 2pm maybe even sooner.
  • Options
    I think everyone that wants a ticket will eventually get one.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Airman can you recommend someone to officially complain to at the club about this please? It's absolutely disgusting.[/quote]

I would recommend Steve Waggott, as he is paid to take the responsibility.
  • Options
    I don't understand that to be honest Plaaayer, i doubt we've sold 608 tickets in an hour for any away game this season and we've had higher allocations than 2k, Orient, Millwall for example
  • Options
    I'm going to wait now give it 10 min ive tried 58 times a disgrace.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I think everyone that wants a ticket will eventually get one.

that depends if I can get through in next hour or so otherwise no chance as have to go to airport
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Airman can you recommend someone to officially complain to at the club about this please? It's absolutely disgusting.

Thank you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I think everyone that wants a ticket will eventually get one.

I think you are deluded if you think that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Airman can you recommend someone to officially complain to at the club about this please? It's absolutely disgusting.

ah, so now we know what he gets paid for !!
  • Options
    Airman has it been made clear as to what stand we have been put in? I reckon we give them half the Jimmy Seed and make the other half available to Charlton fans! 2,100 tickets is a joke!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]We've sold 608 as at 10.12 .

That's kind of part of the problem Rick. What with people buying down the Valley, just a few hundred have been sold in that timeframe over the phone yet people are having to phone 50+ times, and paying over a fiver for phone calls, or risking trouble by doing it on the sly in work.

If the club are going to charge premium rates for a phone service, you kind of hope for a premium service. If the club's infrastructure can't deal with these busy events, then it somehow needs to drop the charges because it creates serious badwill.

People don't generally mind being kept on hold or in queues, but they do mind when they are being charged decent money for it, or can't even reach the queue in the first place after trying 50+ times.
  • Options
    We'll be open terrace behind the goal, well some people will
  • Options
    Got the tickets in the end, well my brother did! Had 3 of us trying for an hour, good luck all those who havent made it yet
  • Options
    I'm angry
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

That's kind of part of the problem Rick. What with people buying down the Valley, just a few hundred have been sold in that timeframe over the phone yet people are having to phone 50+ times, and paying over a fiver for phone calls, or risking trouble by doing it on the sly in work.

If the club are going to charge premium rates for a phone service, you kind of hope for a premium service. If the club's infrastructure can't deal with these busy events, then it somehow needs to drop the charges because it creates serious badwill.

People don't generally mind being kept on hold or in queues, but they do mind when they are being charged decent money for it, or can't even reach the queue in the first place after trying 50+ times.

hear hear ... I am seriously pissed off with this ... 90 minutes of calls, almost one a minute, and I have got nowhere
  • Options
    I'm sure that this will get raised with those responsible.
  • Options
    ISawLeaburnScore, the Stratton Bank End (The stand behind the goal) holds 2100 so i guess its just that end we have been given not that usual little area in the stand to the side.
  • Options
    Has anyone actually got through on the phone? Just keep getting told to call back.
  • Options
    To be honest chances are disappearing down the swanny, probably done 700 now and I'm no closer than I was an hour and a half ago, not even getting the music now. Thanks very much Charlton, way to reward loyal supporters who've stuck with the club come what may and are still going the distance spending hundreds and hundreds of pounds in this shit division.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]ISawLeaburnScore, the Stratton Bank End (The stand behind the goal) holds 2100 so i guess its just that end we have been given not that usual little area in the stand to the side.

by some people i meant the people that can get a ticket out of this shambles, not that the allocation will be split ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

hear hear ... I am seriously pissed off with this ... 90 minutes of calls, almost one a minute, and I have got nowhere

Yeah, what AFKA said. It's seriously frustrating not being able to even joing a queue. I'd rather be 150 in the queue than just keep being hung up on.
  • Options
    Ive been told to call back now 66 times. Where is steve waggot when you need him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]ISawLeaburnScore, the Stratton Bank End (The stand behind the goal) holds 2100 so i guess its just that end we have been given not that usual little area in the stand to the side.

think they have split that end too between home and away fans (although I may be wrong)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh right, I do think the allocation that has been made is very poor on Swindons behalf, would have been interesting what allocation they would have given say if it was Leeds that they ended up being drawn against in the playoffs!!!
  • Options

The club doesn't get much out of the 0871 number. The issue as I understand it that the higher rate provides an external holding system to prevent the lines into The Valley being overloaded. If we wanted to improve it and scrap the 0871 number we'd have to pay a hefty sum to have the lines improved, which the board wouldn't sanction. If we operate without the external support the phones go down altogether. This is also why the club has no voicemail facility.

I've opposed the 0871 number since it was introduced and so have a number of others because we recognise it's bad PR, but there is a practical problem that won't be resolved without investment.
  • Options
    There were about 100 in the queue this morning, but there were people there with 8 books, buying 16 tickets at a time.

One day for priority wouldn't have hurt, it would have probably soften the blow today.
  • Options
    Leeds would have used their away points system so those who attended above a stipulated level of games would all be able to attend.
  • Options
    can't airman just take our orders? :p
  • Options
    Just out of interest what's the point in having a network of buses running all over the Home Counties when basically the official message from the club is that if you don't live in or close enough to London to attend in person the club wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire?
  • Options
    While that is true, Swindon can and have made more than a 2,100 allocation available to clubs during the season. They would have no doubt done this if it were Leeds playing!