Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player of the season - Christian Dailly *** Young Player - Scott Wagstaff

Comments

• Well done Dailly. Actually voted for a winner for a change.
  • Voted for Semedo this year but Dailly would have been my second choice. A worthy winner. Just hope the Millwall fans don't think this is down to them.
  • I also voted for a winner for a change!
  • Waggy is only second player to win the young player of the year award for a second time (also in 2008). The other is Scott Minto (MW)
  • Surely it should have been Jonjo for young player?
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Surely it should have been Jonjo for young player?
    Wagstaff has arguably had more of an impact. Plus, its chosen by the management team, not fans.
  • I am glad I voted for Christian Dailly. I was doubtful when he came, but he has only had a couple of bad games, and he is a proper footballer...I only hope he can keep going. If you watch the Randy save yesterday you will see some interesting Sodje/Dailly interaction which says a lot about our Christian. Worthy winner, and not down to the Millwall fans voting online.
  • Fantastic, such a great player, so glad we have him here.
  • edited May 2010
    Bloody Great Night:
    Richardson joked that "Weegie" scared him the other night with "That" picture, but, What a Top Bloke.
    Dailey said he "hates" his curly hair (something I used to identify with...)
    Lloyd Sam took on board my crititism about "being lazy(sometimes)"
    Robbie said he would of held "that" save that Randy did yesterday ( ;-) )
    Waggy said he was up with the crowd when we scored against (his) team yesterday.

and many other stories.......

Well done Steve, Paul, Ian & many others for organising a Great Evening, even tho' some tried to ruin it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just got back. Had a great night. Good chat with a lot of the players and with Parky. Highlight was Dailly agreeing Millwall fans are mugs! Thanks to everyone involved for putting it on.
  • Guys, this is fantastic, all of a sudden we just have this togetherness about things, which is THE charlton way!Whether its automatics or the playoffs bring it on...we can do this. This thread has brought a massive smile to my face. Were back!!!
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36053

Read and inwardly digest....
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36053

Read and inwardly digest....

Great bloke as well as a great player it sounds. Personally voted for Semedo, but he's a worthy winner nonetheless.
  • edited May 2010
    Hands up! I was wrong! I thought we had hit an all time low when we signed Christian Dailly. I never rated him from
    the times i had seen him play. But i voted for him as player of the season. I have never ever been so happy to be proven wrong!!!! Christian, you have played your heart out. And from one curly haired Chris to another, straight is just sooooo boring ;-) Thanks for proving me wrong xxxxx
  • A really good night. Christian said the award meant a lot to him, and he meant it. A very worthy winner. I felt a bit sorry for Semedo, but some reps from J block ensured Jose's chant was very loudly sung - nice touch and great guys. Oh yes, we had 3 Sodges tonight which resulted in 'Sodje Sodje Sodje, Oi Oi Oi. Will try to post some photos tomorrow.
  • Worthy winner, well done Dailly!

In all honesty, it has been a while since we have had more than one worthy winner- this year Semedo, Bailey or Richardson would also have been well worth it.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Worthy winner, well done Dailly!

In all honesty, it has been a while since we have had more than one worthy winner- this year Semedo, Bailey or Richardson would also have been well worth it.
    Burton not far off either, around 20 goals and assists is a good season for him.
  • Of course, forgot about Burton! We are a much better side with him in the team, first half of season he was brilliant
  • Drunk & emotional reading his comments.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do you believe it. Millwall fans think they have got one over on us by helping Christian win player of the year. I find it more hilarious that they have helped confirm the fact that he WAS the player of the year lol!!!!
  • Ignore them KBLS, embarrassed themselves.
  • DSC_0573.jpg

Christian receives his award.

DSC_0582.jpg

Parky is asked to take photos of the supporters. He did!

DSC_0586.jpg

We are the J block.

DSC_0578.jpg

Sodje, Sodje, Sodje.

DSC_0542.jpg

Top fella!
  • Bloody hell, Sam Sodje's teeth are immense.
    Great that Daily won it. Seems like there's some real positivity back too just when we need it, bring on Wembley!
  • Nice photos SA, tho that last fella's a bit fat to be a footballer isn't he ?
  • Didn't realise that was you MOG, I'll say hello next time in the Lib. Nice ear stud!
  • Excellent night (I think). Particularly liked Rob's cravatte. Good of Jonjo to come along when he didn't have to, although it paid off for the lad as he got to sit next to me.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Bloody Great Night:
    Richardson joked that "Weegie" scared him the other night with "That" picture, but, What a Top Bloke.

Curb_It has a lot to answer for! I don't like to make a habit of scaring young men....
  • DSC_0579.jpg

Robbie's 'cravat'. Mmmm, think we need a vote on this one.
  • edited May 2010