Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player of the season - Christian Dailly *** Young Player - Scott Wagstaff

Comments

• The vote on the Maidstone coach today. 1st Daily
    2nd Semedo (though it was close)
    3rd Bailey.

Make of that what you will.
  • semedo & dailly for me
  • edited April 2010
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=35988&newstype=p
    The Charlton Athletic Supporters' Club (CASC) reported on Monday that only 80 votes currently separate the top three in this year's player of the year vote - and the club has also released details of the League One play-off dates.
    Went for Semedo in the end, rarely had a bad game, plenty of good ones. Has become a consistent player, something he wasn't in his first season (and he was injured for half of last season). Perhaps that's because we're in a lower division, but I don't think he'd be too different in the Championship. Clearly his best position now, keeps his passing simple and within his ability, again he didn't always do that in his first season. I don't think he's improved drastically as a player, he just gets the most out of what he has and plays to his ability regularly. One of the few players no one is saying "...but we know he can offer so much more".

Dailly close for me, but wasn't playing too well not long ago. Burton not far off, but we've got by without him at times, Semedo's only been left out when we've gone for a more attacking team.

Bailey not for me, too many average games, passing hasn't been good this year nor has he scored in a while (I know he's come close). Not had a bad season, but some great performances with some poor ones, had a better year last season apart from a small spell in the middle.
  • We'l run a poll next week, with a breakdown on the runners and riders
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]We'l run a poll next week, with a breakdown on the runners and riders

Don't think that is right.

We've been scoring the players after every game all season and at the time of the games. The player with the highest rating should be the CL POTY IMHO.

Voting now means that people are more influenced by current good or bad form rather than the whole season.

Stick with the statbank figures I say.
  • Why not both? Statbank POTY and CL POTY? And yeah, statbank also influenced my decision to vote for Semedo, has shown he's one of the few, if only consistent player over the whole season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]We'l run a poll next week, with a breakdown on the runners and riders

Don't think that is right.

We've been scoring the players after every game all season and at the time of the games. The player with the highest rating should be the CL POTY IMHO.

Voting now means that people are more influenced by current good or bad form rather than the whole season.

Stick with the statbank figures I say.

Two seperate things. STATBANK will be our official site POTY, however we'll do a poll to see how it mirrors / differs from those marks and the votes of the CASC vote collections.

Remember only about 50 people regularly do the statbank marks, most people couldn't give a damn about it !
  • Glad to hear it.

Anyone who doesn't do the Statbank is a post 98 plastic FACT so who cares what they think.

They should be banned along with anyone who starts a new thread to comment on a match when there is already a match thread : - )
  • *Gives Henry a Paddington style hard stare*
    Or possibly know they can't really be objective where Charlton are concerned, so don't bother?
  • Can't seperate Semedo & Dailly for me. The work rate of both is outstanding and you can tell Charlton actually means something to them this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• I voted for Daily but close thing with Semedo
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]*Gives Henry a Paddington style hard stare*
    Or possibly know they can't really be objective where Charlton are concerned, so don't bother?

no one else tries to be objective ; - )
  • Seems some Millwall fans might be voting for Dailly on the POTY online vote. Not really a problem since he's been one of our best players anyway.
  • I'll leave it to your imagination ;-)
  • Definately Semedo For Me!
  • http://www.casc.org.uk/poty/ - there if you haven't voted
  • Big Chest ... Semedo then...
  • Cheers Scoham!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]all the CASC do all year is arrange the POTY, with help now from the FF, and they can't even organise themselves to collect the votes properly,[/quote]

Just wanted to check that you have been able to cast your vote now, LargeAddick. Let me know if you are still having problems.
  • Announced this evening.

Saw they were tallying votes outside the ground, so well done for sorting that out.

What was strange was Mooney had 3 votes? That must had been for 'a laugh'?

Bailey had the most votes at the point I saw it (only about 6 by then though)

Hope the two that are close are Semedo and Dailly, they showed yesterday how important they've been.
  • Sponsored links:

• I voted for dailly but after yesterday (God how fickle am I?) I wish I had opted for the midfield dynamo he was awesome plan as, even going on runs through their team
  • Announced any time now, keep an eye on twitter

http://twitter.com/cafcofficial

We're getting close to award time... (MW) #cafc
  • Wife is there wife a couple of mates. Will post when I hear.
  • Bailey 3rd
    Semedo 2nd
    Dailly 1st
  • Excellent, backed the winner for once
  • Well done CD. Well deserved.
  • Personally thought it should have gone to Semedo.

However, Dailly is a worthy winner. Makes me smile when I think of the reaction of some on here when we signed him!.
  • edited May 2010
    Well done Dailly, unlucky Semedo. Definitely the two that deserved it, whatever way around. Had voted for Semedo myself.
  • Voted for Semedo myself but think that the result is good. Well done Christian. Frazer Richardson must have been quite close as well.
  • Didn't vote simply because I couldn't decide between the two of them.

Met, spoke to and had my photo taken with both of them on Tuesday at the sponsors' dinner. Jose would win on dress sense (and sexiness!), but Christian was effusive in his praise for what a great club this is, and how much he has enjoyed being here this season.

Just hope we keep them both next year - whatever div we are in.