Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player of the season - Christian Dailly *** Young Player - Scott Wagstaff

Comments

• Dailly
    Bailey
    Burton
  • Has to be Semedo, Bailey only played well up until Xmas, but I don't think that is his fault as he is clearly not fit. Dailly is a good shout too.
  • did anyone see any CASC officials collecting votes last night ??
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]did anyone see any CASC officials collecting votes last night ??

No
  • It makes a refreshing change to have to think about it, with a good number of possible candidates - certainly a bit different from the last few seasons...

I'm torn between Semedo and Dailly - think my vote will go to Christian, as he has done marvellously well to be virtually ever-present at his age, has brought a calmness to the team, and has recovered well from the Millwall nightmares.
  • If it wasn't for the Millwall games, I'd say Dailly without question.
  • 1 Semedo hardly had a bad game, very consistant.
    2 Bailey had more MOM performances, but also more poorer games than Semedo
    3 Dailly - Excellent at start and also recently, but had a not so good Millwall H - Millwall A part of the season.
  • Semedo he gets better by the week
  • Semedo gets my vote
  • Il say Semedo. Bailey was the man up until xmas but Jose has been consistently good throughout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Semedo for me.
  • Semedo - Dailly?

Dailly - Semedo?

Jose or Christian?

Christian or Jose?

For me it's Dailly, the unsung hero of this season.
    Jose was more in the spotlight so I think was noticed more, which doesn't detract how well he has done for us and I think he should be playing at a higher level.

If we have to play Millwall again, please get the flu Chris! ; )
  • It's immaterial as unless you want to pay 25p to text your vote, you won't be able to anyway, as there was no one, that anyone saw, collecting the votes on Tuesday (as expected). Will there be anyone tomorrow ? Don't hold your breath as there was no one last year.
  • all the CASC do all year is arrange the POTY, with help now from the FF, and they can't even organise themselves to collect the votes properly,
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]all the CASC do all year is arrange the POTY, with help now from the FF, and they can't even organise themselves to collect the votes properly,

And the Club who arrange the guests, venue, food and drink.
  • 1 Burton - Performed minor miracles with rubbish service and constant injuries - POTY
    2 Dailley - Very dependable (bar Millwall)
    3 Semedo - Don't think he's been as consistent as most believe. I think he became more passive in mid season and our form dropped as a result.
  • Semedo
  • I am going to set myself up with a first post stating Lloyd Sam as player of the season.

While I'd agree to a lack of consistency, when he has played well he has been on fire and really made a big difference. He set up a large number of goals this season and has often had two men marking hm out the game, which allows others to flourish. He is a born and bred Charlton player who he would certainly value the recognition more than most.

Second would be Elliot, who I notice everyone praised up until Christmas and then totally forgot about because he's missed a few games lately.
    Third place Semedo.
  • I am the "official" collector of votes tomorrow in the Lib:
    The "voting slip" is near the back in your season ticket.
    Paul.
  • [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]I am going to set myself up with a first post stating Lloyd Sam as player of the season.

While I'd agree to a lack of consistency, when he has played well he has been on fire and really made a big difference. He set up a large number of goals this season and has often had two men marking hm out the game, which allows others to flourish. He is a born and bred Charlton player who he would certainly value the recognition more than most.

Second would be Elliot, who I notice everyone praised up until Christmas and then totally forgot about because he's missed a few games lately.
    Third place Semedo.
    Welcome to the site Lloyd. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• POTY = Nicky Bailey
    Honorable Mention = Semedo
  • Deon Burton for me, he's lead the forward line with a lot of skill and played well.
  • Semedo
    Dailly
    Bailey
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]I am the "official" collector of votes tomorrow in the Lib:
    The "voting slip" is near the back in your season ticket.
    Paul.

Would the 20,000 Charlton supporters wishing to vote for their POTY please form an orderly queue outside The Liberal at 1pm.

Thank - you :-)
  • ;-)

There are collectors doing "The Lower Road" & the con club too !
  • Will there be a player of the year dinner this year?
  • Yes:
    Hopefully the day after the Leeds match.
  • [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]1 Burton - Performed minor miracles with rubbish service and constant injuries - POTY
    2 Dailley - Very dependable (bar Millwall)
    3 Semedo - Don't think he's been as consistent as most believe. I think he became more passive in mid season and our form dropped as a result.
    Am tempted to go for Burton as well. Semedo has been consistent but perhaps a fair few games were 6/6.5 performances where he's done his job and nothing wrong, rather than 7+ every game.

Dailly similarly has been consistent but with some poor games and a few not quite convincing performances.

Burton as a striker needs other players to have decent games do he can get the ball. He's scored and set up far more than many would have predicted and that's at times playing with injuries.
  • edited April 2010
    David Mooney

For trying his hardest for the shirt despite being booed by our "fans" before even kicking a ball!
  • Fraizer Richardson
    Christian Dailly
    Nicky Bailey