Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player of the season - Christian Dailly *** Young Player - Scott Wagstaff

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
i would say christian dailly he consistant and hardly ever has a bad game

Comments

• Where you bin hiding...?
  • Semedo has been the most consitant, Burton has scored important goals as has Bailey but I reckon an outside shot is Kyle Ried I know I know he only played for a 1/4 of the season but huge goals when we needed them, I reckon if scores a winner against leeds or Norwich he could scoop.
  • Mark my words it will be the little man Nicky Forster, whether he wins the vote or not, he's going to be PRICELESS... six points he's won us already
  • In no particular order, I'd probably go for one of:
    Bailey. Semedo, Richardson or Dailly
  • If he hadn't got injured when he did I think Youga would/should have got it.

Without him in the equation I'd go for either Semedo or Dailly.
  • Dailly
  • Semedo for me. The Tank has been solid all season

Dailly gets an honourable mention

bailey and burton have played their part too
  • I would say it's between Elliot, Dailly, Semedo, Bailey and Burton. I voted for Semedo tonight.
  • Semedo
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2010
    Out of Burton, Semedo, Bailey and Dailly for me. The spine of the team actually.
  • Dailly for sheer consistency.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Dailly for sheer consistency.

Thats my thinking too, the others have all had long dips in form or been out for long spells. Also i'm trying to imagine what the central defence would have been like this year with him in the team.You can make a case that any of the midfielders would form a partnership as good as the other, the same with the forwards. Not sure a season of sodje and Llera at the heart of defence would have been as successful
  • Youga would have won comfortably if fit.
    Otherwise Semedo or Dailly.
  • Semedo by a country mile. Most consistent and best performer. We are a better side with him in the side and fully deserves to win the award.
  • edited April 2010
    Semedo has been outstanding though Kelly
    Youga was doing really well until his injury.
  • edited May 2010
    Dipping slightly at present but Bailey over the season . No one comes close.

edit.... strangely enough Dailey came close enough to get my vote in the end.

I have sympathy for Bailey as he had a run of storming games in the centre of midfield.
  • Dailly as the only near ever present that has not had terrible runs of games (the old shite game apart he has been immense).

Youga would have had it but he never got the chance to carry that great first half of the season on and Richardson has also been great but has missed too many games.
  • Another one for Dailly or Semedo - generally solid and no nonense, with bonus points for wearing traditional black boots.
  • Personally i wouldn't say dailly, yes he has had a good season but we have shipped more goals then i would have liked and he has looked dodgy in more then a few games. Semedo for consistency and i reckon we have better record with him playing then anyone else? just a guess though, also does a valuable makele role for us which is needed as no centre 2 have shown they can cope on their own
  • Sponsored links:

• In this order

Semedo
    Bailey
    Dailly
  • 1 Daily
    2 Semedo
    3 Bailey
  • Will be collecting Season Ticket votes in The Lib before Norwich Game.
  • Semedo by a country mile over the whole season
  • Think Bailey will get it due to his goals. I will be voting for Jose "The tank" Semedo.
  • Semedo for me, particularly now that he's confirmed that he really does hate Millwall.
  • either Semedo or Dailly.
  • Addicks fans can now place their vote for Charlton's 2010 player of the year - and for the first time, supporters can nominate their winner via text message.

Volunteers from the Charlton Athletic Supporters' Club (CASC) will be around the ground prior to the double-header of home games against Colchester United on Tuesday night (7.45pm) and Norwich City on Saturday (3pm).Season-ticket holders can fill out and hand in the player of the year form within their booklets, while fans will also have the opportunity to have their say by texting the name of their winner.To vote, send a text to 81025 with POTY followed by a space and the name of your chosen player. Each message costs 25p, plus the normal standard operator rate, and all profits will be donated to charity.

Please note that this service is strictly governed by ICTIS
  • the true CAFC player of the year will be he who has the highest rating in the CL statbank for the whole season.

Dailly did well last night so he is getting more mentions here but the player ratings have been made at the time and not in long retrospec.

At the mo it's Semedo winning.