Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views vs. Carlisle

124»

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I might be wrong Chirpy, but I think the goal was disallowed because Richardson came from behind the line to win the ball from the defender and knock it to Sodje. From what I remember, so he was actually off of the pitch and ran back on I think?
  • the offside goal was because Richardsons run and cross took him off the pitch and as he stepped back into play and played the ball to Sodje he was in an offside position. At least that is how I saw it at the time and havn't seen it again.
  • saw the disallowed 'goal' on the football league thingy and it looks like what plaayer said may have been the reason but it's an odd one cos his momentum takes him off the pitch and he comes back on to get the ball ... what if a keeper slid off the pitch is he then not allowed to re-join ? where's spankie and the other refs when you need em!
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]the offside goal was because Richardsons run and cross took him off the pitch and as he stepped back into play and played the ball to Sodje he was in an offside position. At least that is how I saw it at the time and havn't seen it again.

And you sit near me! Well you've better eyes than me. Maybe I don't concentrate as much as you guys. Didn't stop giving the lino some though.....
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]saw the disallowed 'goal' on the football league thingy and it looks like what plaayer said may have been the reason but it's an odd one cos his momentum takes him off the pitch and he comes back on to get the ball ... what if a keeper slid off the pitch is he then not allowed to re-join ? where's spankie and the other refs when you need em!

keeper won't be offside.

Plaayer is correct as the lino put his flag up as soon as Richardson came back on and headed the ball back across.

He either stays off the pitch or waits until he can do so without interfering with play.
  • i didn't read it properly ... oh offside , fair do's
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Price did a very good job given he was given no support what-so-ever by other Carlisle players. He was taken down for their penalty shout and also had the goal disallowed. Was by far their most dangerous player, and they offered nothing after he was taken off.

Agreed.

It was a clean tackle by Sodje BTW not a pen. Was right in line and very well timed.

I also thought it was a clean tackle, but the Carlisle fans I met afterwards said it was a certain pen. I was confused by the ref's reaction - he seemed to point to the penalty spot, the 6 yard box and then the corner flag. Maybe he thought it was a pen, but then saw the lino signalling a corner and was pointing to the ball indicating that Sodje got something on it and therefore it was a corner. Who knows. The ref got it right in my book.

The ref pointed at the ball, presumably saying that Sodje won it fairly.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]saw the disallowed 'goal' on the football league thingy and it looks like what plaayer said may have been the reason but it's an odd one cos his momentum takes him off the pitch and he comes back on to get the ball ... what if a keeper slid off the pitch is he then not allowed to re-join ? where's spankie and the other refs when you need em!

keeper won't be offside.

Plaayer is correct as the lino put his flag up as soon as Richardson came back on and headed the ball back across.

He either stays off the pitch or waits until he can do so without interfering with play.

Uvarvu I'm afraid.

Had he been penalised for not having permission to re-enter the FOP then he would have received an automatic caution and yellow card. Obviously this is unreasonable if your momentum takes you off the FOP so the refs only apply if the player deliberately leaves the FOP. As Richardson's momentum took him off the assistant applied the offside rule.
  • The little Carlisle had to offer came through their 25 he found space all game whether in the hole or slightly deeper as his position changed throughout the second half
  • On Auntie Beeb's website:

"Sodje's match-winner was his fourth for Charlton this season - one more than brother Akpo, who is on loan from Sheffield Wednesday.

"I know he's a striker and has an unfair advantage, but I'm determined to catch him up and overtake him," said Sam."

Nothing like a little family rivalry!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]On Auntie Beeb's website:

"Sodje's match-winner was his fourth for Charlton this season - one more than brother Akpo, who is on loan from Sheffield Wednesday.

"I know he's a striker and has an unfair advantage, but I'm determined to catch him up and overtake him," said Sam."

Shouldn't be too hard a job!
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]On Auntie Beeb's website:

Shouldn't be too hard a job!

lol
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]The little Carlisle had to offer came through their 25 he found space all game whether in the hole or slightly deeper as his position changed throughout the second half

18/20 yr old, on loan from Everton.
  • Was that Clayton?
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Was that Clayton?

Yes that's who they mean. I thought he was on loan from Man City but stand corrected.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Was that Clayton?

Yes that's who they mean. I thought he was on loan from Man City but stand corrected.

No Len, I stand corrected. It is Man City whom he is on loan from, Adam Clayton. Carlisle are hopeful of retaining him next season too I believe.
  • they may have had 'adam clayton', but they lacked 'the edge'.
  • Yeah he looked OK, dropped deep and caused some problems and linked up well with Price. Could do well in a better team.
  • [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Price - McGregor from Porridge?

And HMP Slade is in Cumbria......AND McGregor plays for Slade in the movie!

Or Praps Maclaren from Porridge!??!

With regards to the boys up by the drum who are quite clearly on speed, slow down ffs! Couldn't join in with the JJ chant cos you couldn't fathom what the words were due to the excess speed, i was only on the H block too right in the middle and right at the top!!! Just slow it down chaps!!
  • edited April 2010
    The drum(s) could join in with VFR if the drummers were able to break away from the 4/4 time signature for once. VFR is in 3/4 (waltz) time and the drum(s) could join in with a 'Boom-cha-cha, Boom-cha cha' the 'Boom' coming in on the words. VALLEY, ROAD,MIST,IN,THAMES, 'IRE, ALWAYS, BE, VALLEY.[/i]
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]The drum(s) could join in with VFR if the drummers were able to break away from the 4/4 time signature for once. VFR is in 3/4 (waltz) time and the drum(s) could join in with a 'Boom-cha-cha, Boom-cha cha' the 'Boom' coming in on the words. VALLEY, ROAD,MIST,IN,THAMES, 'IRE, ALWAYS, BE, VALLEY.

Thank you Andrew Preview!
  • I thought it was the best we have played for god knows how long. We could have got into double figures and Shelvey had a lot to do with that.

Mooney looked good when he came on, even Sodje looked strong and had a purpose with his runs.

Forster did what he was asked to do, Reid had a quality game as did Sam.

The crossing into the box was worthy of a few more goals and on another day we will get them.