Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views vs. Carlisle

WSSWSS
edited April 2010 in General Charlton
Nice result, no other favourable ones. Need to keep going. Nice to create a few chances.

Comments

• Agreed, wasnt there today, but on Saturday at McDons i was worrying where our chances would come from. Good 3 points, another clean sheet, onwards and upwards!
  • i think if we win at saints saturday we may well get auto,lose or draw im getting ready for the playoffs
  • Good win, should have sewn up a play off place now. Some encouraging performances today, stand outs for me was Sam Sodge, Racon and Samedo.
  • The important thing from today was we created some good chances particularly in the 2nd. I thought Sam and Richardson played and linked up well down the right flank. A bit more composure and luck and we could've had 4. All to play for still. C'mon you Reds
  • Yup....could have and should have had another one or two and made it safe.....but hey, this is Charlton after all....so we can't complain.
  • 6 points
    2 clean sheets

Without Bailey or Burton for most.

Good weekend
  • Great result which should have been better. We looked very dangerous when we attacked, although we did miss some sitters today. Randolph didn't have much to do but commanded his box well.

Atmosphere wasn't too bad today. The North Upper isn't joining in with the CAFC chants any more!
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]6 points
    2 clean sheets

Without Bailey or Burton for most.

Good weekend
    That, was more than I expected.

Not a great performance but Carisle didn't give us much space to play. Finish a few more chances and we'd have been comfortable. Hopefully that'll come in time if we can keep grinding out wins.

Looking forward to Southampton next week, haven't been able to get to an away game this season yet.
  • edited April 2010
    I just don't understand the people slagging off Lloyd, thought he was good today, always a threat whether he cut in or stayed wide, worked very hard defensively as well, actually passed the ball as well unlike Reid.

Not Shelvey's best day, in fairness we did hoof it quite a bit like normal but when he had possession he didn't really do much with it today. Should have scored both chances as well.
  • yeah yeah what about that shelvey what a player .
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought Sam Sodje was excellent today. Great effort.

Also felt we looked much more dangerous when Akpo came on for Forster. He did well and gave us a presence up front.

Feel so sorry for Shelvey. Missed a sitter and his confidence drained away. Had another chance and tried to be precise and was blocked. Not his day but at least he was in there.

Overall, could have easily been 3-0
  • Great Result.

Back to back wins and back to back clean sheets.

Other results didn't go for us but we can only do what we can control.

Could have had 3 or 4 with the right bounce and a bit more composure on another day, I particularly recall Shelvey missing a couple, Racon and Sodje as well but 1-0 is enough for me every day of the week.

Get the boys in training hard all week, get big Deon and Nicky 100% and get them all believing they are all ten foot tall.

COME ON YOU REDS!
  • Mooney was also excellent for the time he was on. Held the ball up impressively and played a couple of fantastic passes.
  • [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]Feel so sorry for Shelvey. Missed a sitter and his confidence drained away. Had another chance and tried to be precise and was blocked. Not his day but at least he was in there.

agree with that, he wasn't frustrated or angry when he was taken off, more upset... felt very sorry for him, deserved a goal and probably should've had two
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Mooney was also excellent for the time he was on. Held the ball up impressively and played a couple of fantastic passes.

agreed as well, kept the ball very well and Sodje gave us great presence up front as well when we needed it

All I would say on the negative side is i've never got 100% faith in our full backs and Reid for me was just overdoing it and rightly got hooked
  • Good to hear Mooney did well, despite recent boo's and then being put on the bench today he still came on and did a job!Thats what we need, everyone pulling in the right direction!
  • Good result, should have got 3 more, but for wastefulness in front of goal.

They came for a point, and I did worry that the crowd would get edgy but they kept there nerve.

Don't think it worked for JJ today, think we need to be honest that he was poor, he needs to learn to come and get the ball from the midfield like Mooney did when he came on, but he'll learn.
  • Loved the display today.

Back 4 great, leaving Randolph with nothing to do. Sam and Reid also great and the subs all shone - Bailey you might expect, but Akpo and Mooney showed some class touches. JJ - well the best you can say is you have to get in the right position to miss them and he certainly obliged on both counts.
  • JJ was very composed the second time around, especially considering his miss a couple of minutes earlier, he took his time and weaved his way to a shooting position, just a shame it didn't quite click.
  • Should have had 4 or 5 in the second half alone but will settle for 3 points

good solid performance

good
    Semedo was immense - again
    sodjes both did well
    best game from Sam for a while
    mooney showed he is a smart linkup player

Bad
    Is Baileycarrying a bit of excess timber? His arse is like Hasselbainks
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought Jonjo played well personally. Other than those two misses which were unfortunate. He fought for the ball and put in some good crosses and passes. He hooked up well with Lloyd Sam I thought
  • 9 points off 7th with 6 to play
  • But some will say we won't make the play offs
  • we won't make the play offs
  • Have not been for a few weeks, so was a bit 'rusty' with the team line up.
    Glad to see Shelvey back and thought he did a lot of team work, but his finishing was not there at all today, I was behind the goal at the covered end and he had two or three good chances, one especially when he should have side footed it and went for power, and blasted it..... Oh well! at least he was there! I dislike criticising young players, they need time to settle and mature, and his sensational year last year was always going to be a difficult one to back up.

I thought the defence looked as though it could at least 'defend', and despite the disallowed goal, when we semed to go to sleep they seemed to pose little danger all game.

Stlll feel we lack a forward, front man, but then I guess I am going over old ground on here I guess......

The ref also made some poor decisions as well. On balance as a team I thought we played resonably well, and six points at Easter is good for the team, and the morale, which I think is really important for the playoffs.

The thought of playing Millwall and loosing is beyond imagination....Not sure I could live with that one in the playoffs!
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]But some will say we won't make the play offs

We won't

We're coming second !!!
  • i think the playoffs is the least anyone expected and failing in them dont bare thinking about.
  • Bigger and tougher tests to come, but we did what we had to do to get another three points.
  • Millwall entertain the Jills next week, Leeds play Southend & Swindon go to Colchester.