Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons role call

Comments

• How many have you sold for this one then?

Tidy ground it is, although as with many new grounds there is sod all around it, just superstores.

Few decent boozers at the little town nearby closer to the actual stadium.
  • Not going & not even bothered about not going, not having my Easter ruined by Charlton this year thank you, I intend to enjoy myself this holiday period, well until Monday at least.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Not going & not even bothered about not going, not having my Easter ruined by Charlton this year thank you, I intend to enjoy myself this holiday period, well until Monday at least.

Ba humbug!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]How many have you sold for this one then?

Tidy ground it is, although as with many new grounds there is sod all around it, just superstores.

Few decent boozers at the little town nearby closer to the actual stadium.[/quote]

Looking like 2k plus, no doubt you would have taken more there
  • Probably 3k or more I would've thought at this stage of the season. Sadly we've only ever played them on a weeknight at their new ground, just under 1900 and just under 1400 each time.
  • i dont think you would have brought 3,000 mate
  • JTJT
    edited April 2010
    Would never take 3k.
  • edited April 2010
    No I suppose not. 1400 & 1900 on a Tuesday night, half hour journey from Euston, no way would we take an extra 1000 with a few games to go while in the play-offs on a Saturday.

Although we are managing to take 3,000 to Colchester on Bank Holiday Monday which is going to take 2.5hrs by train and 3/4 changes due to engineering works.

Funnily enough, this same weekend a decade ago (when we were 4th in the same division) we took 2,000 to Notts County, which is a fair way further than MK. Subsequently we took 1700 to Burnley then Preston.
  • Nodded off there.
  • Blimey, them old Bill keep at record of everything don't they!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]No I suppose not. 1400 & 1900 on a Tuesday night, half hour journey from Euston, no way would we take an extra 1000 with a few games to go while in the play-offs on a Saturday.

Although we are managing to take 3,000 to Colchester on Bank Holiday Monday which is going to take 2.5hrs by train and 3/4 changes due to engineering works.

Funnily enough, this same weekend a decade ago (when we were 4th in the same division) we took 2,000 to Notts County, which is a fair way further than MK. Subsequently we took 1700 to Burnley then Preston.

your a knob
  • piss off
  • Bit touchy ain't we.

Agreed that we probably wouldn't take 3,000...yet still the hostility and abuse. No pleasing some people.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Bit touchy ain't we.

Agreed that we probably wouldn't take 3,000...yet still the hostility and abuse. No pleasing some people.

Your a knob shut up
  • i dont mind him strangely,after the nerd prophet he is a breath of fresh air
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i dont mind him strangely,after the nerd prophet he is a breath of fresh air

Nolly neither of them are ok they are both scum.....fact! where as groucho a breath of fresh air and dont mind
  • Calm yourself JB it's a Bank Holiday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Calm yourself JB it's a Bank Holiday.

lol im chilled ;-) im well excited work finishing in 10mins and getting drunken tonight whoop!
  • Myself and the usual suspects going.
  • 1200 Charlton tickets sold for the "boycott" game v AFC Wimbledon.

If you add those on makes a decent turn out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Im in North heath to see my mum for Easter so Ive booked on the coach from Bexleyheath, My first valley away by coach 'gulp'. What have I let myself in for ?
  • Johnny boy, I think you have anger issues. Being a Millwall fan I can obviously identify with that. Do you want the number of my counsellor?

Anyway, I hope you calm down & have a good weekend, I'm off in 2 hours for the weekend, about to pack my bag and spend the weekend in sunshine, with a trip to Colchester when I land.

Life doesn't get much better than that, Jay-Z is no doubt throwing envious glances my way, a weekend of sun, estrella, dodgy vodka and tacky strippers with a trip to Essex's version of the Hamptons on Monday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]Im in North heath to see my mum for Easter so Ive booked on the coach from Bexleyheath, My first valley away by coach 'gulp'. What have I let myself in for ?

Prawn sandwiches, flasks and naps. No time for pub, no time for something nice to eat before the match.

Ouch. ;-)
  • Found the pub im heading into The Malsters Arms its called - http://www.pubutopia.com/pubs/M/Milton%20Keynes/Bletchley/The%20Malsters%20Arms/
  • Hmm just been told the beacon infact has tv's, might have to go there, ill ring them to double check.
  • sorry, still can't bring myself to go to franchise FC
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]Im in North heath to see my mum for Easter so Ive booked on the coach from Bexleyheath, My first valley away by coach 'gulp'. What have I let myself in for ?[/quote]

chit chat about trains, blankets and chants of C-A-F-C, C-A-F-C
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    Sorry, still can't bring myself to go to franchise FC

That's a shame. I'm going because my club is playing a very important match and i want to see it and try and provide a bit of support.

The stance against the establishment of MK Dons was lost many years ago, and won't be reversed. All the wider community can do is learn from this mistake and ensure that if something similar is muted again, that collectively people are organised enough to ensure it does not happen.

If the stance boycotters are taking is because they don't want their money going to MK Dons, what would happen if we played them in the Play Off Final at Wembley, where revenues are split ?

As long as MK Dons are supported well enough by MK people, then they are here to stay, so i little point now cutting your nose off to spite your face.
  • Get a few Wimbledon songs going
  • remember you're a womble, remember you're a womble