Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trevor Kettle

124»

Comments

• At that level I am positvely sure.
  • OK, even if we accept that the ref made a genuine, acceptable, mistake - and I am not sure yet that i am ready to (and yes I had to ref my own teams Sunday league games, Ashtray), what about Blizzard himself. he's got away with it. because as somebody pointed out above the FA use TV retrospectively only in the case of issues missed completely. Thats a nonsense. We have to educate players that career threatening tackles will not be tolerated, and if its on TV you will get done. So since you are now always on TV, cut it out.

I propose that someone who knows how to do it puts the tackle on YouTube with a demand for a retrospective 4 game ban, and a public apology to Grant Basey from both him and his manager. Because I am certain that his managers team talk fired him up, if thats not too kind, to go in with that tackle.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician [/cite]I've obviously missed the bit in the FIFA rules that says you can do whatever the fuck you want as long as it's in the first minute.
    Perhaps he applied ' the first one's always free' rule, but what with the foul being so bad and so early, he thought it was worth a yellow on this occasion.
    I reckon he bottled on giving a straight red and as he continued to have a 'mare with further dubious decisions, perhaps the non-red card played on his mind throughout the game.
  • As a general rule I try to give refs the benefit of the doubt and remember it's not as easy as it looks on TV - but I was absolutely fuming with that complete wank stain who was officiating last night. Criminally inept refereeing performance.

Both sides copped some bad decisions but we got by far the largest share of them. None of that mitigates our performance last night, mind, simply not good enough from those that managed to stay on the pitch but you're always facing an uphill battle when the ref is so intent on screwing you over.

Can someone explain to me why we didn't get a penalty? Not the Bailey 'diving' incident, but the later foul on Bailey. Sam did some good work down the right and pulled back for Bailey, he was rushed into shooting by a charging Bristol Rovers player and shot wide. However, part of the reason he was rushed is because the Rovers player lunged at him semi-two footed. Bailey got his shot away but was then totally cleaned out. If that had happened at the other end, just after Sodje (for example) had hurried a clearance into the crowd we'd have got a free kick - so why isn't it a penalty? I know these things are seemingly never given but why not? They're fouls after all and there's nothing in the rules that says it takes a different kind of foul to win a penalty. I've never had a satisfactory answer to this question.

We get these stupid ideas do the rounds from time ti time to try and increase the number of goals scored - making the goals bigger and things like that. If FIFA pushed to get rid of stupid interpretation of the rules like that and the way defenders are allowed to sheppard the ball out from about 20 yards in field but forwards are pulled up for a foul as soon as they show the slightest hint of trying to force their way around the defender who is obstructing them (and will often throw himself to the deck Ronaldo style) then we'd instantly see an increase in the number of goals, imho.
  • Just out of interest, did anyone hear that pillock Peter Beagrie's comments at half time? It's just come to me...

He said, quote, "Bailey kicked the ball too far in front of him" when he was explaining why he thought that it was not a penalty. Erm, excuse me, but I thought that the ball could be heading for the outer Hebrides if the defender comes in and plays man not ball.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Just out of interest, did anyone hear that pillock Peter Beagrie's comments at half time? It's just come to me...

He said, quote, "Bailey kicked the ball too far in front of him" when he was explaining why he thought that it was not a penalty. Erm, excuse me, but I thought that the ball could be heading for the outer Hebrides if the defender comes in and plays man not ball.

That is exactly the kind of dumb logic I'm talking about ISaw - as a forward, Bailey has to be in total control of the ball to be able to claim a foul (apparently), conversely, a defender is considered in possession and free to obstruct a forward until the ball runs out of play, even from 10 + yards out and even though he has not even touched the ball.

Bristol should have had a penalty as well - Sodje completely blocked their player off when he was running to challenge Elliot for a high ball. Doubt he'd have beat Elliot to the ball but once Sodje pulled such a blantant and frankly idiotic stunt they should have had a penalty.

As for the protection goal keepers are given, some refs seem to want to stamp out all contact with them.

The rules are so often interpreted in a way which favours defenders, which is the wrong way round.
  • edited November 2022
    It’s a pity the tweet wasn’t made by someone calling himself thesaucepan rather than thesauceagain. It would have been a case of the pot calling the kettle crap.