Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trevor Kettle

Comments

• Blizzard gets booked for an atrocious, leg breaking tackle. Racon gets booked for controlling the ball and dribbling away with it. Most confusing.
  • I thought he had a nice smile
  • So let's set up a facebook hate page about it......someone get his address and we can send him death threats like Chelsea fans would.
  • Already one if you scroll up ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Was Trevor Kettle the bloke that basically gave Man City the game up there in the mid 90's when we lost 2-1 midweek?

That was another knob called Trevor. Trevor West.
  • I turned off so didn't hear what Parky said, was anything said about the ref?
    Surely we'd put a complaint in (not that it will matter).
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I turned off so didn't hear what Parky said, was anything said about the ref?
    Surely we'd put a complaint in (not that it will matter).

Of course he moaned about the ref. Most managers would to divert the pressure away from themselves and their under-performing side.

He's joining Isaw's lynch mob and going to threaten the blokes kids!
  • [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Hardest job in the game, he's bound to make mistakes.

You never take the easy road do you! First Emma, now Trevor Kettle

It's the same argument again though. Lots of things in the world are hard, but you expect a certain standard from those who do it professionally. There's an inevitable level of scrutiny that goes with that and as this guy seems to have been particularly poor for a while, it's going to get commented upon.
  • Kettle to do the commentary, Emma to ref. Surely that must improve things?
  • It's a well known fact that doctors can do anything that can be excused as enthusiasm within the first minute of an operation ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Hardest job in the game
    Odd that the like of Capello and CRonaldo get paid so much when it's so tricky to implement a set of rules. Kettle should be pulling in 100k a week and smashing in Wayne Bridge's missus' back doors. Anyhoo, if it's that tricky we should get somebody who's able to do it competently. For every 28 players we only need to find one adequate ref.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Kettle to do the commentary, Emma to ref. Surely that must improve things?

I guess ranting from the commentary box might help Kettle let off some steam

COAT
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]It's a well known fact that doctors can do anything that can be excused as enthusiasm within the first minute of an operation ;-)
    Yes as an ATC I'd imagine, even as the flames consumed him, Trev would forgive a pilot that crashed into the tower, if it was in that oh-so-tricky first minute of the flight.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]It's a well known fact that doctors can do anything that can be excused as enthusiasm within the first minute of an operation ;-)

Leave off ISLS, it's a hard job. Not as hard as a football referee of course, but a tough job, and hence it is similarly impossible for them to be wrong or incompetent in any way
  • [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Kettle to do the commentary, Emma to ref. Surely that must improve things?

I guess ranting from the commentary box might help Kettle let off some steam

COAT
    If we got Mark, our South African former defender, in as co-commentator that would be a different Kettle of.....

HAT + COAT!
  • Kettle would be boiling with rage reading these comments
  • Kettles always too quick to whistle.
  • I wish no malice towards Mr Kettle, saddens me that such comments are made in whatever fashion on this board, I do though expect that his performance comes under closer scrutiny. Mr Kettle and his mentors have surely got a framework in place to undertake such a review, if I was left unchecked after making serious oversights in my profession there would be public alarm and dismay if no action was taken. As it is I would be called to account for my actions and offered support, retraining or possible striking off. This is a professional referee taking charge of professional footballers, what we sadly don't find out due a lack of transparency what takes place and what outcomes have resulted. I would at the very least like to think that when Mr Kettle has another look at the incident and that of Campbell's tackle that it will have a salutary effect. What this still reminds us all is that the yellow red card system is in need of review, sin bin for Blizzard whilst a recheck of the incident could have been appropriate. I doubt Blizzard feels 100% this morning either. I wish Grant Basey, Mr Kettle and Blizzard all the best for the future, they are all in need of respect it is their actions not them as people that has resulted in this very sad situation
  • I think Ashtray is right about us putting him under too much scrutiny, it makes him too worried to work at doing his job properly

Afterall, a watched Kettle never toils

COAT HAT TAXI combo
  • He also looks like the drummer out of Green Day.
  • Sponsored links:

• tre_800red.jpg

n27603969486_3443.jpg
    e fking does as well. American idiot.
  • The lino had a pair of arms on him last night. Might start some flag waiving exercises, build up my guns.
  • Any chance we might pull the plug on the "I hate Trevor Kettle" thread?
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Any chance we might pull the plug on the "I hate Trevor Kettle" thread?

But he was sub-standard, occasionally didn't apply the laws of the game, and offered no protection of players.

Blizzard effectively got away with a tackle that endangered a players safety, and then 20 minutes later Campbell got away with something similar.

If he had correctly applied the law of endangering a player's safety with serious foul play, as a sending off offence - that would have calmed the at times reckless over-physical approach of the Bristol Rovers team.

And he would have retained proper control of the match.
  • Wooooshh!!!!
  • Can the FA look at the tackle and apply retrospective punishment or does the ref's decision count?
  • This is silly and deserves sinking.

We didn't lose the game because of the ref. His HONEST mistakes are by the by.

Scapegoat him if it makes you feel better, but do any of you have a formal reffing qualification? Have any of you got up and reffed at grass roots on a Sunday morning? I'm sure you've got up and moaned at a ref trying his best for 90 minutes whilst you have kicked the ball around like a baffoon making mistake after mistake.

I know your types; come across you too many times on a Sunday morning. NExt time your ref doesn't turn up, think about why and why there is no replacement. Also have a think about the respect refs get in other sports and why the FA had the need to launch the 'Respect' initiative a couple of years back.

I wouldn't have sent Blizzard off for the foul. I would have been wrong, but so what? In real time from the first angle shown, which happened to be the same angle the ref had; it looked like a yellow to me. Human error, get over it - cue technology discussion.
  • [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]I know your types; come across you too many times on a Sunday morning.

hahahaha....is this for real?!
  • edited February 2010
    The thing that really got to me with this ref is when BURTON got booked for being pushed into the keeper. The BRISTOL player told the ref about 5 times "Nah ref it wasnt his fault don't book him".

So the ref puts his fingers in his ears and goes "Can't hear you, nah, nah, nah, Can't hear you".

Prick (Why do they do that). The opposition would hardly be making it up would they? Imbecile.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]The thing that really got to me with this ref is when BURTON got booked for being pushed into the keeper. The BRISTOL player told the ref about 5 times "Nah ref it wasnt his fault don't book him".

So the ref puts his fingers in his ears and goes "Can't hear you, nah, nah, nah, Can't hear you".

Prick (Why do they do that). The opposition would hardly be making it up would they? Imbecile.

FA directive for refs not to take advice from players. He would be marked down by the assessor.

Read the rules and do a ref's course before calling people a prick and an imbecile for doing their job.

Next....