Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Terry & Wayne Bridge

Comments

• Options
    I can't see John Terry refusing to play for England as a consequence of thi, he's lost a lot of support and made himself a laughing stock, but any sympathy for him would disappear if he refused to play for England again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    It's not maybe a "would you"

Phew, thank god for that !
  • Options
    Think the right decision was made, but i hope Rio doesn't get the armband, he's been shocking lately, i wouldn't even put him in the team!!
  • Options
    So according the BBC it is to be Ferdinand.......

Interesting that she is not going to sell her story....... Bought off perhaps!, so 'upset' she does not want to give her side of the story......
    Her adviser seemed quite Supportive of Terry... 'I am a wag get me outta here beckons'... or words that similar eh!
  • Options
    Alleged ? how come the media that outed Terry is now going all "alleged" what is this bollox ??

so Johny Boy :

Its is alleged your mum is a shop lifter
    it is alleged your dad is a dealer (not the car type)
    it is alleged that you tapped up Scot Parker to get him to play for your shit
    it is alleged that you wanted £10,000 to show people round the training ground
    it is alleged that you are hiring your box out @Wembley for £4,000 a pop
    it is alleged that youy cheated on your wife at least 3 times previous to --
    it is alleged that youy were banging a team mates partner
    it is alleged that you paid for her to have an abortion

What is not alleged but is a FACT that you are a prize C**T.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    'You might claim that'.... my 'agent' could not possibly comment..... because of my image rights' allegedly.
  • Options
    and as said above those two upright mega moral chaps Ferdinhand and Gerrad to step up !!!!!
  • Options
    He must also be shit thick as well as disabled parking space stealing c*nt (which to me says a lot more about the sort of scumbag we are dealing with here).

I mean, when you get paid £100K+ a week, do you really need to go grubbing about trying to make another £4K knowing that if you get busted you will end up in the shyte? I really don't understand it. What a greedy, arsewitted prick. Probably thought he was untouchable with his fancy gagging orders and expensive lawyers and all. He probably thinks differently now, I'd imagine.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gazza knocked his missus about...england media luvvie and legend that just let his demons get better of him.

Lee Hughes kills someone in a car and legs it....back in football and not raising eyebrows.

John Terry....gets his leg over with a french sort who is EX of a team mate and now being villified as if he deserves it as much as Gary Glitter or Bin laden.

Cant imagine this happenning in any other country in contention for the world cup...Italy and France this sort of thing is par the course as Brerlesconi demonstrates.

Pele and George Best werent angels on that front, Maradonna stuck half a ton of Colombian marching powder up his hooter, shot at journalists and probably left the toilet seat up amongst other things yet is a national hero because of "What he does on the pitch" where it matters.

I really despair with the media circuses that occur with things like this but its not suprising in a society that holds people like Jade Goodie and Katie Price as important newstuff.

Oh and wasnt Saint Bobby Moore caught tea leaving in Mexico four years after lifting the world cup for queen and country?!!
  • Options
    No, he wasn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]No, he wasn't.

Fair enough but even if he was it wouldnt detract for me what a good player and leader he was for England.

If we win the world cup with Terry leading (despite the absence of an armband) well not be talking about him porking some bird who no one can remember the name of in 5 years itll all be about what he does on the pitch.

If he was a nonce or something it would be different but whats gone on with him and Bridges "EX" is between them and no one else and quite frankly i think its pathetic how its unravelled.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]No, he wasn't.

Fair enough but even if he was it wouldnt detract for me what a good player and leader he was for England.

If we win the world cup with Terry leading (despite the absence of an armband) well not be talking about him porking some bird who no one can remember the name of in 5 years itll all be about what he does on the pitch.

But just how much more f******* stupid can these overpaid twats get?

Come on.World cup year and tabloid press baying for blood as they ALWAYS do(see Ericssonn ulrikagate,Gascoigne dentist chair) and the England captain decides to start nobbin his teamates missus. F*kwit!!!
  • Options
    Who cares though. They were both consenting adults. Both wrong uns in my book but at the end of the day theyve not broken the law and its a sad reflection on society that the press are salivating for such stories as it obviously sells.

Just because they are paid well and good enough at football to represent his country doesnt mean that the public can choose who he puts it about with.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Alleged ? how come the media that outed Terry is now going all "alleged" what is this bollox ??

so Johny Boy :

Its is alleged your mum is a shop lifter
    it is alleged your dad is a dealer (not the car type)
    it is alleged that you tapped up Scot Parker to get him to play for your shit
    it is alleged that you wanted £10,000 to show people round the training ground
    it is alleged that you are hiring your box out @Wembley for £4,000 a pop
    it is alleged that youy cheated on your wife at least 3 times previous to --
    it is alleged that youy were banging a team mates partner
    it is alleged that you paid for her to have an abortion

What is not alleged but is a FACT that you are a prize C**T.

Imagine if he played for the Woolwich rejects GH....... That would tip the balance surely.
  • Options
    If you the players don't respect him then he is not the right man to lead them. Simple.
  • Options
    well done fabio, you made the right choice.
  • Options
    Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about. Everyone knows that when a full back leaves a hole open, the centre back has to fill it :p
  • Options
    I just don't understand why he didn't go public straight away, rather than going the injunction route. A properly tearful press conference apology to his wife (and you know that he can summon tears at the drop of a hat!), and to Bridge, and to the supporters, and this become a non-event in three days. Instead, now the floodgates are seemingly open, with more to come. First Tiger, now Terry. I hope and expect that the next person to find themselves neck deep in this sort of thing will get some proper advice, face up to what they've done, and get the painful part over quickly.

I'm not English, and really don't care who wins the World Cup (given that we haven't qualified in 25 years!), but if I were, I'd be right pissed at how this has potentially screwed up my squad, and, in my view, entirely unnecessarily.
  • Options
    I can't see what all the fuss is about. Everybody knows that when a defender leaves a hole at the back it's a midfielders job to fill it. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]I can't see what all the fuss is about. Everybody knows that when a defender leaves a hole at the back it's a midfielders job to fill it. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So Cole's injury could force him out of the World cup and definitely out of next months friendly. Which means Bridge and Terry in the side together.
    I've no doubt Bridge will be professional enough to play but what happens if he makes a mistake, will Terry b*llock him, would Bridge then tell him to f off. It might actually be a friendly worth watching for once.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]So Cole's injury could force him out of the World cup and definitely out of next months friendly. Which means Bridge and Terry in the side together.
    I've no doubt Bridge will be professional enough to play but what happens if he makes a mistake, will Terry b*llock him, would Bridge then tell him to f off. It might actually be a friendly worth watching for once.

Cole will be o.k for the world cup as long as no setbacks on his recovery, the Egypt friendly could be funny though if they both play....can't see it myself though.
  • Options
    Is Bridge the second choice left back though?

Warnock and Baines have played more and are in better form than Bridge
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Gazza knocked his missus about...england media luvvie and legend that just let his demons get better of him.

'Love him' is some stretch
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Lee Hughes kills someone in a car and legs it....back in football and not raising eyebrows..

You're kidding, right? Notts County fans think he's a scumbag, but yes, he is playing football. A man has to work.
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]John Terry....gets his leg over with a french sort who is EX of a team mate and now being villified as if he deserves it as much as Gary Glitter or Bin laden.

I love exaggerations

[cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Cant imagine this happenning in any other country in contention for the world cup...Italy and France this sort of thing is par the course as Brerlesconi demonstrates.

Is the USA another country? Tiger Woods ring any bells? Not sure Berlusconi is that secure anyway, and he certainly wouldn't be if he didn't own the media and have alleged links with certain unpleasant and powerful organisations in the south of Italy
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Pele and George Best werent angels on that front, Maradonna stuck half a ton of Colombian marching powder up his hooter, shot at journalists and probably left the toilet seat up amongst other things yet is a national hero because of "What he does on the pitch" where it matters.

What are you talking about with Pele? Allegations that he's gay? If you are, I'm not sure what you're referring to. George Best was a wasted talent. More for pity than anger - apart from obviously very selfishly drinking away that liver, and most football fans have their moral conscience right on him. Maradona spent years trying to rebuild his character after the shame of his past.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Notts County fans think he's a scumbag
    Presumably you have sworn statements from each and everty one of them. Thank fuck that:
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]I love exaggerations
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Is the USA another country? Tiger Woods ring any bells?
    Has his status in US team sports been any way affected by where he's stuck his cock?
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Not sure Berlusconi is that secure anyway, and he certainly wouldn't be if he didn't own the media and have alleged links with certain unpleasant and powerful organisations in the south of Italy
    Right, don't know where to start on this. He never had much of a majority second time around, and still doesn't. The cenre of his support is in the north, but let's not allow that get in the way of what is being "alledged" (by you). He's not a great example though. He's a fat corrupt shagger and in no way good for the country.
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]What are you talking about with Pele? Allegations that he's gay? If you are, I'm not sure what you're referring to. George Best was a wasted talent. More for pity than anger - apart from obviously very selfishly drinking away that liver, and most football fans have their moral conscience right on him. Maradona spent years trying to rebuild his character after the shame of his past.
    Pele did a bit of fucking around, as did George Best (lots!), which probably escaped your notice while you were studying allegations. Pele also got binned out of government after some financial mismangement, and may have a droopy cock nowadays. George meanwhile battered a few missuses and fucked up some organs that people were kind enough to donate. I can only guess, but this might have been what Rodders was referring to.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Presumably you have sworn statements from each and everty one of them.

You called my bluff!

I can only get 21 sworn statements from season ticket-holders at Meadow Lane before I would have to stretch myself. Now let's make the counterfactual assumption that Notts County fans (average attendace c. 7000) are as likely to go to their matches as England fans (average attendance c. 80000), so in order for Rodney to be right, you'd have to get sworn statements from 241 England fans (proportionally more than for Lee Hughes) who are regulars at Wembley who think Terry should've lost the captaincy or that he's a scumbag (my statement).

Actually, let's go back to the real world. Now, Notts probably have around 60000 fans worldwide (three times their ground capacity, more than 8 times their average attendance is generous for a second club in their city, around 50 places behind the first team, but let's run with it). England have around 30 million fans worldwide. Again, for Rodney to be right, you'd have to get me 10,000 sworn statements from England fans to make the reaction equal between Lee Hughes and John Terry.

We can swap our sworn statements before the Yeovil match if you like.

If you want to play daft, I can do that too, thanks.

[cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Has his status in US team sports been any way affected by where he's stuck his cock?

If he's hounded out of golf, then he probably won't play for the Ryder Cup team again.

As I said, I can play daft.

[cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Right, don't know where to start on this. He never had much of a majority second time around, and still doesn't. The cenre of his support is in the north, but let's not allow that get in the way of what is being "alledged" (by you). He's not a great example though. He's a fat corrupt shagger and in no way good for the country.

So let's leave out the "alleged" (which I put in for the sake of this site's administrators). Berlusconi owns the Italian media and yet he has a small majority. This is in some way proof that Italians don't care that he sleeps around?

[cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Pele did a bit of fucking around, as did George Best (lots!), which probably escaped your notice while you were studying allegations. Pele also got binned out of government after some financial mismangement, and may have a droopy cock nowadays. George meanwhile battered a few missuses and fucked up some organs that people were kind enough to donate. I can only guess, but this might have been what Rodders was referring to.

Right, OK. No one thinks of George Best as a good role model.

At any rate, I half-agree with you. It doesn't matter that Terry was sleeping around. Where I disagree is that I think it does matter who he was sleeping with. There are many millions of women in England without going for a teammate's missus/very recent ex. If you did it to your best mate, and it all came out in the open, would you expect there to be no consequences? Maybe it might suggest you're not a great leader in your circle of friends? Not definitely, mind, just maybe. That's what I've said about it, anyway. Anyway if "moral virtuousness" (whatever the tabloids conceive that to be) was a prerequisite to be England captain, the team would probably have to cope without a captain
  • Options
    Wayne Bridge has made himself unavailable for England selection
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Wayne Bridge has made himself unavailable for England selection

He should be the bigger man and rise above it. Everyone has got sympathy for him over the Terry affair but now he just looks like an idiot. If he doesn't want to play for his country then f*ck him, it's his loss.
  • Options
    Wayne Bridge has declared his position in the England football squad is "untenable and potentially divisive" after a sex scandal involving teammate John Terry.

England stars Wayne Bridge and former team captain John Terry

Manchester City defender Bridge released a short statement claiming that he did not wish to be selected.

It leaves England manager Fabio Capello without both his first-choice left-backs for Wednesday's friendly with Egypt.

Chelsea defender Terry allegedly had an affair with Bridge's former partner Vanessa Perroncel.

The French underwear model Vanessa Perroncel has a child with the Manchester City star.

The scandal led to Capello sacking married father-of-two Terry as England captain.

Bridge's statement said: "I have thought long and hard about my position in the England football team in the light of the reporting and events over the last few weeks.

"It has always been an honour to play for England. However, after careful thought, I believe my position in the squad is now untenable and potentially divisive.

"Sadly, therefore, I feel for the sake of the team and in order to avoid what will be inevitable distractions, I have decided not to put myself forward for selection.

"I have today (Thursday) informed the management of this decision. I wish the team all the very best in South Africa."