Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Terry & Wayne Bridge

Comments

• Options
    England Manager Fabio Capello today issued the following statement:

“After much thought, I have made the decision that it will be best for me to take the captaincy away from John Terry.

“As a captain with the team, John Terry has displayed extremely positive behaviour. However, I have to take into account other considerations and what is best for all of the England squad.

“What is best for all of the England team has inspired my choice.

“John Terry was notified first.

“When I chose John Terry as captain, I also selected a vice-captain and also named a third choice. There is no reason to change this decision.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank The FA, particularly Lord David Triesman and Ian Watmore for allowing me to make this decision in my own time and in the best interest of the team.”

i.e. Rio Ferdinand new England captain
  • Options
    SSN reckon Ferdinand is favourite
  • Options
    There is a lot more to come out about JT over the next few weekends. It's open season on John Terry from the same tabloids that will declair there supporting England at the WC, they've got their knives out and are picking over everything they can, not helped by the ex NOTW editor handling JT's crisis managment... red rag to a bull for the 'others'

A good footballer, good captain but clearly not very nice person.
  • Options
    the idea that morally, someone who is a convicted drugs cheat should be captain is better, is a fucking joke
  • Options
    wouldn't surprise me in the least if Terry didn't even go to the World Cup now to be honest....given the supposed additional revelations the tabloids have yet to reveal about him, I'm sure they'll be staggering their release over the next 6 weeks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]the idea that morally, someone who is a convicted drugs cheat should be captain is better, is a fucking joke
    Only if you define being a drugs cheat as missing a test of course.

Stupid idiot yes, drugs cheat i'm not so sure.
  • Options
    load of b----cks terry and that bird f--k all to do with football who they gonna give it to all the candidates av been in trouble for one thing or another they might aswell recall chris powell if they want a mister clean the fa are all arseholes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]the idea that morally, someone who is a convicted drugs cheat should be captain is better, is a fucking joke
    Only if you define being a drugs cheat as missing a test of course.

Stupid idiot yes, drugs cheat i'm not so sure.

Exactly, he was hardly in Ben Johnson's league!

But more to the point would Rio even be in the team on current form? He's been injured loads, was shocking away to Ukraine and is currently on a ban for elbowing someone.
  • Options
    Chris nail on head for me.
  • Options
    Who would you put ahead of Rio though?

Lescott?
    Cahill?
    Brown?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Who would you put ahead of Rio though?

Lescott?
    Cahill?
    Brown?

it's not maybe a "would you", it might well be a "have to" if his fitness doesn't get sorted. He's played one PL game since October and he won't be playing again until the end of this month due to his silly suspension and even sillier appeals.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]load of b----cks terry and that bird f--k all to do with football who they gonna give it to all the candidates av been in trouble for one thing or another they might aswell recall chris powell if they want a mister clean the fa are all arseholes.

As has been said on this thread it's gone way beyond just the affair. If it was purely down to that then i think he'd had got away with it, sorry Wayne and hello Baines or Warnock.
    But there is plenty more to come out about him.
    And if the gambling rumours are true he'll be lucky not to be banned for the world cup anyway.
  • Options
    I agree this is hardly what the England team need now, and John Terry as a player on the field seems to be the No 1 choice of most pundits/fans etc, after all who else are you going to choose, hardly a long list of candidates is there!.......
    was what I posted earlier... and as others have since posted there are faults with all the leading candidates. Cannot see it being Rooney, because the guy is far too volatile, ex granny shagging... Ferdinad out of form, forgotten drugs test etc.....
    Gerrard, dipped in form, goes missing in I most England matches, and night club antics ( which I was one of the few defending him a while back) Lampard, messy divorce, pending etc etc......
    Barry Who!... Only England could prepare for a world cup like this. Lets see if Capello can sort this mess out and get us back on track...... One thing seems to be cetain taking Beckham to take the heat off the team now.....perhaps vice captain even?.....
    just off to the bookies to put a tenner on that one........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Who would you put ahead of Rio though?

Lescott?
    Cahill?
    Brown?

On current form, Michael Dawson.
  • Options
    Fooking great news, about time he got his comeuppance.

Gareth Barry captain?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Capello was with him for 12 minutes. He doesn't mess about !

Was that was Mrs Bridge said? : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]load of b----cks terry and that bird f--k all to do with football who they gonna give it to all the candidates av been in trouble for one thing or another they might aswell recall chris powell if they want a mister clean the fa are all arseholes.

Yeah, but what do you really think of the decision?
  • Options
    Good shout JB, he's walking into the squad at the moment as the stand out performer of the second level of the likes of Upson, Lescott, Cahill, Jagielka (though long-term injured)
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Thats a strange comment from someone who had this to say about Convicted drugs cheat Christine Ohuruogu

Ohuruogu was tested with 24 hours of the all the missed tests, UK sport screwed up on at least 2 of those.

She's clean, and what a story, the girl from Stratford having the chance to defend her championship in her own back yard[/

I am pretty sure Ferdinand offered to be tested the next day as well.
  • Options
    Quality use of the search engine :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]

Yeah, but what do you really think of the decision?

i think its ludicrous the next captain will probably end up the same the tabloids luv all this shit .
  • Options
    I think its a joke!Terry should be our captain, no he is obviously not a nice person off the pitch!But he is our most natural born leader and he is a quality footballer.Like someone else has said before, i think this could result in JT pulling out completely!Goodbye to the world cup for England!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]I think its a joke!Terry should be our captain, no he is obviously not a nice person off the pitch!But he is our most natural born leader and he is a quality footballer.Like someone else has said before, i think this could result in JT pulling out completely!Goodbye to the world cup for England!
    you are deluded!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Potential Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]I think its a joke!Terry should be our captain, no he is obviously not a nice person off the pitch!But he is our most natural born leader and he is a quality footballer.Like someone else has said before, i think this could result in JT pulling out completely!Goodbye to the world cup for England!
    you are deluded!

I don't agree 100% with what cafc_se7 said, but we are potentially looking at a centre back pairing of Joleon Lescott and Matthew Upson if Terry isn't involved and Rio doesn't get back to fitness. If only Richard Rufus was still around...
  • Options
    MrOneLUng - a gold star for use of the search engine.
  • Options
    We never had these problems in the past when we had the likes of Tony Adams captaining the side.
  • Options
    OK potential call me deluded all you like, your the one who knows it all after all!
  • Options
    Although i would prefer if you gave me a reason as to why you call me deluded first!?
  • Options
    Wayne Bridge:

"Capello, Its either me or John"

Good one Wayne, the last time someone had the option to choose between you and John Terry it really worked in your favour.