Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Terry & Wayne Bridge

Comments

• Options
    I don't see what the fuss is about, the whole Tottenham team has had a bit of Jamie O'Haras missus.
  • Options
    Terry has to stay as captain. He is by far the best man for the job. Simple as. John Terry
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Terry has to stay as captain. He is by far the best man for the job. Simple as.John Terry
    Is that your blog, TRR?

I don't think you can say that no one has given an effective reason for dismissing him as captain.

It's not just for Wayne Bridge. In fact, it's not much about him at all - I agree that he'll still be in the dressing room with him regardless. It's more whether a man that treats his teammates in this way can be considered the best leader of them in the future. He's a captain on and off the pitch. He has just broken perhaps the most important off the pitch rule. No doubt he has lost the respect of other teammates, whom he captains. Therefore, it is fair to question whether his position is tenable.

If the captain of my team did this to one of my other teammates, I wouldn't respect him anymore, on or off the pitch.
  • Options
    This is only the start of it for Terry
  • Options
    Chelsea wherever you may be Don't leave your wife with john terry, His dad deals coke & his mum steals tea.He cried when he missed a penalty
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]It's not just for Wayne Bridge. In fact, it's not much about him at all - I agree that he'll still be in the dressing room with him regardless. It's more whether a man that treats his teammates in this way can be considered the best leader of them in the future. He's a captain on and off the pitch. He has just broken perhaps the most important off the pitch rule. No doubt he has lost the respect of other teammates, whom he captains. Therefore, it is fair to question whether his position is tenable.

This is the crux of the matter for me. It's about what he has done to his teammates. The only part you've got wrong there Si is that I'm sure some of those buffoons he "captains" respect Terry more for what he's done, which is sad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]It's not just for Wayne Bridge. In fact, it's not much about him at all - I agree that he'll still be in the dressing room with him regardless. It's more whether a man that treats his teammates in this way can be considered the best leader of them in the future. He's a captain on and off the pitch. He has just broken perhaps the most important off the pitch rule. No doubt he has lost the respect of other teammates, whom he captains. Therefore, it is fair to question whether his position is tenable.

This is the crux of the matter for me. It's about what he has done to his teammates. The only part you've got wrong there Si is that I'm sure some of those buffoons he "captains" respect Terry more for what he's done, which is sad.
    Yep, sadly that is probably true.
  • Options
    Team Terry, Team Bridge, how about the team I'm in 'Team I want England to win the World Cup, so pick the best team and Captain'
  • Options
    i think mark bright has just been told off by the beeb or metro (the 2 people i know he works for) for posting John Terry songs on twitter. he apologies for the error of judgement. whoops.

in a way i think thats right as its an opinion, but we can't actually state that the reporting of the events in the media has been entirely fair and unbiased from start to (when it eventually will) finish can we?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Team Terry, Team Bridge, how about the team I'm in 'Team I want England to win the World Cup, so pick the best team and Captain'

Team Media Ban?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Prince Charles, heir to the throne, future head of the Church of England, married with two young kids, has an affair with a married woman, who was I believe the wife of a friend.

John Terry, professional footballer, married with two kids, has an affair with a single woman (ex girfriend of an ex team mate.)

One is a low life scumbag, c*nt and twat! Which one and why?
  • Options
    Most of the players won't care that he's cheated as they've probably all cheated themselves at some point. Lampard, Cole, Beckham and Rooney have all had high profile stories about them so they can't exactly judge Terry.
  • Options
    Not with a team mates bird though, slight difference.

Cant stand Terry but nothing will happen to him, he will go on and lead us to Quarter Final glory as usual...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Fabio Capello has just phoned Wayne Bridge to tell him John Terry has lost the captains armband!

Would he mind having a quick look under the bed for it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Latest rumour is that Terry isn't the only Chelsea player that Bridge's ex has shagged.

The Sun reckons its Gudjohnsen, Terry, Mutu & another myster man.

Is it weird i really want it to be Makelele.....Le Biiiiiiiiiiiiig tackle.
  • Options

I believe that Wayne Bridge and his GF were no longer an item.

The law that JT has broken is thy shall not shag your mate's ex-gf until a suitable period of time has passed and everyone is cool with it. Unfortunately for him he's been well and truly hung out to dry by the tabloid media who love these stories which allow them to adopt a holier than thou morality that many tabloid hacks don't exhibit in their own lives. He also broke another law - he got caught.

John Terry is no moral role model, but who in the England team is? Rio Ferdinand who forgot a dope-test appointment, David Beckham and his avaricious dash for wealth, Steve Gerrard who beat up a bouncer in a night-club, Wayne Rooney the granny shagger?

It's going to be difficult for him to captain Wayne Bridge in an England match and how Capello solves this while not undermining his squad is going to be a tricky one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Prince Charles, heir to the throne, future head of the Church of England, married with two young kids, has an affair with a married woman, who was I believe the wife of a friend.

John Terry, professional footballer, married with two kids, has an affair with a single woman (ex girfriend of an ex team mate.)

they both were badly of. If you think no one thought badly of Prince charles then you're rewriting history.

(tho i woudlnt use the words you choose tho.)
  • Options
    Right player to captian England maybe "right man" never. He aint no man in my definition of one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Prince Charles, heir to the throne, future head of the Church of England, married with two young kids, has an affair with a married woman, who was I believe the wife of a friend.

they both were badly of. If you think no one thought badly of Prince charles then you're rewriting history.

(tho i woudlnt use the words you choose tho.)

I was only quoting some of the words that have been used to describe John Terry over the last few days. I think those words are inappropriate in both cases.
  • Options
    Terry has apparently said he won't resign so the decision now rests with Capello.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Latest rumour is that Terry isn't the only Chelsea player that Bridge's ex has shagged.[/quote]

The Sun reckons its Gudjohnsen, Terry, Mutu & another myster man.

Is it weird i really want it to be Makelele.....Le Biiiiiiiiiiiiig tackle.[/quote]

Personally i would prefer it to be Ashley Cole!!

Whilst the players MAY initially be peeved they have one single minded objective and that is to win the world cup, they will accept terry and what he does because he is a player that can lead them to that goal. I don't have too much concern about terry's philandering, especially if bridge and serial slapper were not together at the time. However, I do not think he should ever have got the captaincy after the hotel incident with american tourists straight after 911.
  • Options
    So Bridge and his bird were NOT together when the Terry affair happened? Well that changes things a fair bit.
  • Options
    I've just had a little perv on the internet over this tart. To be fair, she is a sort. I want a go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I've just had a little perv on the internet over this tart. To be fair, she is a sort. I want a go.

start playing professional football and in all likeliness she'll probably let you have a go!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Terry has to stay as captain. He is by far the best man for the job. Simple as.John Terry
    Is that your blog, TRR?

I don't think you can say that no one has given an effective reason for dismissing him as captain.

It's not just for Wayne Bridge. In fact, it's not much about him at all - I agree that he'll still be in the dressing room with him regardless. It's more whether a man that treats his teammates in this way can be considered the best leader of them in the future. He's a captain on and off the pitch. He has just broken perhaps the most important off the pitch rule. No doubt he has lost the respect of other teammates, whom he captains. Therefore, it is fair to question whether his position is tenable.

If the captain of my team did this to one of my other teammates, I wouldn't respect him anymore, on or off the pitch.

Yeah, it's my blog, I would agree that your point is probably the main argument against mine. However, I think we need to separate the two. First of all I would say we shouldn't make assumptions about what the players think - many of them may have known about this 6 months ago and would have had time by now to get over it. Perhaps the best way to deal with this is for Capello and Baldini to gauge the opinion of senior players such as Cole, Lampard, James, Rooney and Gerrard and then make a decision.
    Secondly I would say the players need to remember that Terry is a proven and successful Captain who knows what he is doing and howto lead teams to success and trust him to lead them on the pitch. I don't think there is another English player with as good as track record as Terry as a Captain. Personally Gerrard wouldn't inspire me having just lead Liverpool to 7th place for example. Whereas Terry may have even have lead Chelsea to the treble by then, or at least a trophy, unlike Gerrard.

Another alternative could be to replace Terry as Captain with Lampard who could then act as a mediator between Terry and the rest of the squad should they have any problems with Terry.

Just to make things clear, I personally am not Terry's biggest fan as a bloke, but as a Captain he's the best we have by a long way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I've just had a little perv on the internet over this tart. To be fair, she is a sort. I want a go.

start playing professional football and in all likeliness she'll probably let you have a go!!

Ive hung the boots up due to long term injury. I could blag it, it worked in Tenerife....i play Centre Midfield with Nicky Bailey.
  • Options
    Bridge & his bird were long since split up before Terry got involved so I can't see a problem with his "teammate" !
  • Options
    Father of the year? Can anybody enlighten me?
  • Options
    what has father of the year got to do with being England captain? He's a footballer not a celebrity from a reality tv show.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Greenster[/cite]Bridge & his bird were long since split up before Terry got involved so I can't see a problem with his "teammate" !

is that definitely true... bridge moved to man city but she refused to leave her nice house. and the "John was there for me wayne when you weren't" line strikes doubt.

never know tho probably.