Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Terry & Wayne Bridge

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]The so-called fifth player cannot be named for legal reasons by the press, according to my mate who works at one of the major redtops. The player cannot be named because of a previous high court injunction which for some reason or another, is still applicable. When you take that into account, there's only one real obvious candidate, isnt there?

Having said that, I've heard it was someone else from three normally very reliable sources so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

As for Terry, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are two or three stories which seem to be common knowledge in the press (reading Chirpy Red's comments above sounds like he's heard some of it too), they are just biding their time before they come out. If there's any truth in the one I've been told by my mate, he'll be lucky to be even playing football...and if he did, Terry would quickly become the most abused footballer on the terraces.

Whisper it to me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]The so-called fifth player cannot be named for legal reasons by the press, according to my mate who works at one of the major redtops. The player cannot be named because of a previous high court injunction which for some reason or another, is still applicable. When you take that into account, there's only one real obvious candidate, isnt there?

Having said that, I've heard it was someone else from three normally very reliable sources so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

As for Terry, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are two or three stories which seem to be common knowledge in the press (reading Chirpy Red's comments above sounds like he's heard some of it too), they are just biding their time before they come out. If there's any truth in the one I've been told by my mate, he'll be lucky to be even playing football...and if he did, Terry would quickly become the most abused footballer on the terraces.

Whisper it to me!

I guess he had money on Man U to win Champ League and he meant missed the pen.
  • Options

who gives a toss? You obviously do but what's the difference in this and all the other Jordan/ c list celeb crap. Do you read Hello or do you just get off reading and whispering about who is shagging who.

he cheated on his wife (so what that is was with a team mate it's his wife he's cheated on). That is bad but it's not a crime and only between them. Move on.
  • Options
    John Boy

See my post regarding Chelsea Under 18's/junior blues. Knew this about 3-4 years ago and remember getting shot down on Net Addicks.

Alledgedly of course....
  • Options
    Sunk in a minute
    You're getting sunk in a minute

: - )
  • Options
    Is this whole scenario not of our (societies) making though? These blokes are cosseted from childhood, handed everything they ever wanted on a plate, excused every indiscretion big or small, idolised by millions as celebrities rather than sportsmen and lead a life so far removed from reality it's hardly surprising that their moral compass is all over the place and they behave like they do.

Most of us would realise that sleeping with the partner of a colleague in any situation is not appropriate in the slightest but I reckon they'd still be a few on here who, given that the young lady is an underwear model after all, would find equally themselves in a bit of a sticky situation in the circumstances i.e. she's very attractive and apparently 'up for it'. And that's just us normal people who haven't had the type of 'consequnce free' upbringing these lads have.

Don't get me wrong, I've long argued that Terry, Cole, Bellamy, etc, etc are ruining the game for us and are having a detrimental effect on the behaviour of kids and this is just the latest in a long list of bad examples but because of the way he's been treated by the media, his club and ultimately us as a society, it's hardly surprising.

I'd like to think that maybe this sort of thing might make one or two of them stop and think next time an opportunity to mess things up comes along but I doubt it...
  • Options
    "Most of us would realise that sleeping with the partner of a colleague in any situation is not appropriate in the slightest"

Not picking on you Bournemouth but so many people seem to be saying this. Surely it's sleeping with someone who isn't your wife that is the greater misdeed. She's the one he made vows to.

Personally I would guess that we all know men and women, young and old, who are not rich, not famous and not footballers who have had affairs/one night stands etc.

That this adulterer happens to be a rather well paid and high profile sportsman is IMHO neither here nor there.

It will be interesting to have a look at the Tiger Woods thread and see how his adultery was condoned or condemned compared to Terry's.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]"Most of us would realise that sleeping with the partner of a colleague in any situation is not appropriate in the slightest"

Not picking on you Bournemouth but so many people seem to be saying this. Surely it's sleeping with someone who isn't your wife that is the greater misdeed. She's the one he made vows to.

Personally I would guess that we all know men and women, young and old, who are not rich, not famous and not footballers who have had affairs/one night stands etc.

And I don't think anyone would expect to sleep with their best mate's wife, have it all come out and expect things to still be rosy. What Terry's wife thinks or does is up to her, but what Terry did to his team-mate is an issue both within the club and country team. He may or may not be best mates with Bridge, that's neither here nor there, but the idea of a team is that you're supposed to fight for one another. If you did it to a friend, it would suggest you're not a very good friend. If you did it to your son, it would suggest you're not a very supportive father. If Terry did it to a teammate, that would suggest he's not a good leader and therefore not a good captain.

To drop him as captain because he had an affair would be silly, because he'll end up being replaced by someone with dubious morals anyway (take your pick - Ferdinand, Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard). To drop him as captain because he's not a real leader of the team would make sense. No?
  • Options
    Parking in a disabled bay says far more about this low life than chasing the ladies which is a far more instinctive human failing.
    Infidelity even with an ex of a friend is a carnal desire which can be hard to deny.
    Obviously consciously taking the decision to park in the place reserved for a less fortunate member of society is callous calculating and the action of a morally bakrupt person. dismissing the fine as a nothing as he did simply makes him more of an ignorant spoilt selfish twat
    For that reason, however good a player he may be, he should not be a representative of his country ever again and I will be ashamed of the desperation shown by my country when he does.
  • Options
    Other than Wayne Bridge my guess is the rest of the team wouldn't give a toss either way just as long as they were in the England team.

What you are saying IA would apply as much, if fact more, to the Chelsea team captaincy but he seems to be hanging on to that job?

My point is that this is being portrayed as typical behaviour of spoilt, over paid footballers when it is in fact behaviour common to lots of men and women from all walks of life.

His high profile just give the media, and it's readers, a chance to wallow in some cheap thrills, titillation and speculation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Other than Wayne Bridge my guess is the rest of the team wouldn't give a toss either way just as long as they were in the England team.

What you are saying IA would apply as much, if fact more, to the Chelsea team captaincy but he seems to be hanging on to that job?

My point is that this is being portrayed as typical behaviour of spoilt, over paid footballers when it is in fact behaviour common to lots of men and women from all walks of life.

His high profile just give the media, and it's readers, a chance to wallow in some cheap thrills, titillation and speculation.

You're probably right that none of the others will care that much as long as they're in the side.

And yes people from all walks of life have affairs but it's the other things with Terry, not just his affairs. Parking in the disabled bay just seemed to get forgotten about. As did the show rounds around the Chelsea training ground for 10k a time that he claimed was going to charity. The charity knew nothing about it.
    Is 150k a week not enough that he needed another 10k here and there. I read an article that basically said Terry acted as though he was 2nd in command to Abramovich at Chelsea and did what he liked (hence the 10k show rounds). He'll always be forgiven because Chelsea know his worth as a footballer.
    So in his case i think yes it is a case of a spoilt over paid footballer.
  • Options
    Agree on Terry's other activities especially his laughing at Americans about 9/11 but that seems to have been forgotten all the time he was captaining England before this latest news.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Now Avram Grant has been revealed as the boss who vistis Brothel's. So, not just the players........

2312630292_2b385e6eeb_o.jpg

Turns out that white thing was a pussy he was stroking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Agree on Terry's other activities especially his laughing at Americans about 9/11 but that seems to have been forgotten all the time he was captaining England before this latest news.

This (American) article sums up this point quite well. It's an interesting American observation of how we react to it.

Terry Dirty Scumbag
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Carlo Ancellotti has asked Max Clifford if he can hire Vanessa Perroncel onto the Chelsea coaching staff. After a run of only two clean sheets in twelve games, Carlo is confident that Vanessa will help stiffen up the back four.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Other than Wayne Bridge my guess is the rest of the team wouldn't give a toss either way just as long as they were in the England team.

So why was he so keen to get the so called 'super injunction' in the first place Henry.......

I agree this is hardly what the England team need now, and John Terry as a player on the field seems to be the No 1 choice of most pundits/fans etc, after all who else are you going to choose, hardly a long list of candidates is there!
    His PR endorsements will take a hit, and that will probably trouble him more. I agree re the fact that he is a footballer and other people and the carrying on.
    It is getting to the stage nowadays, that unless you are a womanising, coke sniffing, night club guzzling , individual who thinks that they can be above the law, then they are not one of the 'lads'.
    If these players are so bored and have so much time on there hands, they could perhaps think for themselves!..... and do something for others less fortunate perhaps!....they might even find it rewarding, besides owning a string of exotic cars, shagging, and money flaunting!

When I wrote on here about 'Image rights 'a week or two ago I cheekly suggested that what image rights do these players actually have that are positive....... I see that that guardian of kiss and tell Max Clifford even suggested that Terry's image would not be adversly affected as the past antics of footbalers, had much to live up to..... Of course there are many players who are decent family men, who I am sure try and lead a decent lifestyle, but to missuse your own phrase ' it all seems to be about getting a toss' is it not!. Obviously they do give a f**k ! in that sense.......
  • Options
    Im more faffed off with mrs Terry if she stays with him. Foolish woman.

I just read his wiki page blimey he does have a history of naughty behaviour.
    Dont suprirse me - he must have been in that club i was in back in 98 with all the team but i wouldnt have recognised him at the time since it was 98. his pal was shagging in the toilet and they had girls all over the place so they have everything at their feet from a very young age.
  • Options
    I noticed this on his Wiki page as well.

"While playing on loan for Forest, Terry was spotted by then-Huddersfield manager Steve Bruce who bid £750,000 for the defender. Chelsea accepted the offer, but it fell through as Terry opted to remain with the Premier League club and learn his trade in the top division"

Never knew that. Chelsea must be quite glad he chose not to go.
  • Options
    Seems to me that if England are to win the world cup Capello has to sort out these clowns once and for all. The teams that win the World cup are just that A TEAM not necessarily the most gifted 11 individuals. Capello knows this better than any of us and needs to use this latest 'headliner' as a warning to Terry and the rest of them to grow-up. Mess up again and you are out. Not sure I'd be proud to see prat Terry holding the World Cup up anyway. Not just for the latest antics but for his track record.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] What you are saying IA would apply as much, if fact more, to the Chelsea team captaincy but he seems to be hanging on to that job?

Yeah. I'll throw in two lame caveats as to why he might be holding solidly on to that job:
    i) Wayne Bridge is no longer a Chelsea player, and wasn't at the time of the affair
    ii) Everyone at Chelsea was at it
    They're lame reasons, I know, but they might go part of the way to explaining it.

By the way, Terry's wife was in the car with him when he parked in that wheelchair space at Pizza Express. She laughed at the idea of a fine in the same way as he did, showed the same lack of respect to those less fortunate. Anyone think she deserved what was coming to her? Anyone?
  • Options
    Dont have any sympathy for the wife.
    She stayed with her wallet husband despite knowledge of previous affairs - wonder why ?

Anyway - not like he shagged some granny in a Liverpool brothel.
  • Options
    Good article here from Mike Atherton in yesterdays Times

Could this be the solution:

Once the axe has swung, Capello can do himself and his team a favour before the tournament by refusing to appoint a permanent replacement, picking simply on a match-by-match basis. A fluid, flexible approach would confer immediate advantages: there would be no single figure for the media to focus on, no single figure trying and failing to live up to the kind of standards demanded by a society that is deluded enough to expect sportsmen to act as “role models”.

In the absence of a permanent captain there would be no one to exploit the honour, as Terry has tried so miserably to do. If the only meaning to the England football captaincy is, as Matt Dickinson beautifully reported on Tuesday, “half a million quid”, then it is time that particular junket was capsized. In the absence of one focal point, England’s footballers may learn that the best teams have not just one leader on the field but many.

If Capello takes this course of action, Terry’s final indiscretion, in the end, may be the best thing that has happened to the England football team.
  • Options
    you shouldnt be paid to play for your country. You do it for the honour.
  • Options
    I think the “half a million quid" refers to commercial benefits that accompany the England captaincy, not a salary or appearance fee.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ken, you've answered your own question. Of course Terry didn't want his wife to know or for it to all be it the press and hurt his "image". Who would?

I have no sympathy for him. He cheated (on his wife) and got caught so gets what he deserves. He was a proven shit before this came out but no one seemed to worry when we were qualifying and no one will care as long as we keep winning.

What makes me laugh is how this is being spun by the media as an issue over the England captaincy. They are only doing that so that they can keep the story in the papers every day and so serve up more titilation and gossip.

And how people are so quick to tar all players with the same brush when we all know that people shag around in all walks of life. What Terry did was wrong because he is a husband not because he was a footballer.

I think Mrs Grant wins the fox killing award of the week for not reacting the way the British press expected or wanted her to by permitting her husbands behaviour and saying that she'd like a massage too.
  • Options
    IA
    In answer to your question, YES!

She knowingly entered into a world of fabulous wealth and all the trappings that go with it.
    What, exactly, did she expect? That darling Johnny was different from the rest of those sexual predators with attitudes that make them think they are above the law? (Of course as an aside following video evidence of that Gerrard assault in a iverpool bar does make you do wonder if they have their own appliction of British law)

Personally, my view is that karma has bitten her hard on the arse, possibly for the disabled parking incident (no doubt it wasnt the first time), possibly for other actions she has undertaken or condoned.

It is not his hypocracy - We must all be honest with each other speech, nor his affair, nor his ignorance of what a Captains role should be - I mean he must have given some consideration to the effects of his actions on his friend - no it is the clear evidence that he has no moral compass. If you knowingly allow someone with the morals of a dingo to be your representative in a national team then why bother at all?

Row him out, and Gerrard and any of the others of that ilk. So what if we dont win a silver cup. For goodness sake what is worth more - our morals or metal?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Row him out, and Gerrard and any of the others of that ilk. So what if we dont win a silver cup. For goodness sake what is worth more - our morals or metal?

Couldnt give a shit what they have done. I wanna win the world cup.
  • Options
    Well now thats clear, thanks.
    Where are your moral limits?
    What would you do to win the bit of silver?
    Would you bribe an official? Or would that just be too immoral?
    Why dont we kidnap the family of the best opposition players and force them to throw the game? No? too much of a leap from employng players without morals?
    Are we arguing about where the limit is or are there no limits?
    Just curious (in case this message comes acroos the wrong way!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Row him out, and Gerrard and any of the others of that ilk. So what if we dont win a silver cup. For goodness sake what is worth more - our morals or metal?

Couldnt give a shit what they have done. I wanna win the world cup.

You'd better start supporting someone else then!!! We are quarter-finalists, semi-finals would be a massive achievement.