Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Latest Films

Comments

• going to see contagion this afternoon , anyone seen it yet ?

looks very good and has the added bonus of Marion Cotillard in it

Huge let-down IMO. A plot that has been done many times before and a lot better before too.
    Slow moving pace that never quite picks up. Great cast that should have warranted a good script, but failed to.

Huge let-down IMO. A plot that has been done many times before and a lot better before too.
    Slow moving pace that never quite picks up. Great cast that should have warranted a good script, but failed to.
    you're right , didn't enjoy it much at all
  • took the kids to see Tintin (not 3D)...............pretty good but I'm not a fan of these new fangled CGI (?) films.............either make it with actors or make it a cartoon !!

I thinks kids aged 8-15 will love it.

• Anyone seen Ides of March yet ?
  • Off to see Tintin this p.m. with my friend and her nephew, I am looking forward to it (the 2d not 3d version as 3d generally brings on a blinding headache for poor old me)
    . You will enjoy it. I watched it in 2d also and I was pleasently surprised .

took the kids to see Tintin (not 3D)...............pretty good but I'm not a fan of these new fangled CGI (?) films.............either make it with actors or make it a cartoon !!

I thinks kids aged 8-15 will love it.

I understand it was made with actors and then 'cartooned over' if you know what I mean (Harry). It was great I thought, inoffensive, old fashioned and visually superb. Spielberg is one clever Trevor
  • Just wondered if anyone has seen the film Downfall. I have just got a copy on DVD.

Have been told it is a brilliant film and on research of Amazon reviews 156 out of 179 have given it a 5 star review. 11 reviews have given 4 star. As far as reviews go, this must be an exceptionally good film.

• Just wondered if anyone has seen the film Downfall. I have just got a copy on DVD.

Have been told it is a brilliant film and on research of Amazon reviews 156 out of 179 have given it a 5 star review. 11 reviews have given 4 star. As far as reviews go, this must be an exceptionally good film.

The end of the 3rd Reich film? .. it's been on TV several times and is well worth watching
  • Saw "We need to talk about Kevin" this week. Very good. Chilling ending. I recommend it for those who like a dark family thriller.
  • edited November 2011
    Saw "We need to talk about Kevin" this week. Very good. Chilling ending. I recommend it for those who like a dark family thriller.
    Going to see this next week hopefully.

Edit: Just noticed it's not released until Dec 9th. How come you've seen it?
  • Saw "We need to talk about Kevin" this week. Very good. Chilling ending. I recommend it for those who like a dark family thriller.

Its already on at the cinema
  • Sponsored links:

• Downfall is amazing, even if you have no interest in WW2 films or foreign language films it's still worth watching.

Its already on at the cinema
    Just had another look and it is showing. Should really put my glasses on when at the pc. :-/
  • edited November 2011
    Downfall is amazing, even if you have no interest in WW2 films or foreign language films it's still worth watching.
    Agreed. who can forget that scene where Hitler goes Apeshit !
  • edited November 2011
    Just watched Tamara Drewe which stars Charlton supporter Gemma Arterton.  Very good it is as well.  7 out of 10 

• Saw Drive tonight, probably my film of the year, loved it to bits.
  • Just watched " The Lincoln Lawyer" - cracking court room drama. 8 out of 10
  • Caught up with Attack the Block.  Well done but unhappy about the "heroes".  Calling the tower block "Wyndham Towers" was clever.

And age of heroes.  Should have known a danny dyer/sean bean film would be terrible and it was

• Caught up with Attack the Block.  Well done but unhappy about the "heroes".  Calling the tower block "Wyndham Towers" was clever.

And age of heroes.  Should have known a danny dyer/sean bean film would be terrible and it was

I saw this too and I just wanted the creatures to kill everyone of those yoots .

Snap! 

It was just poorly constructed. I never really cared enough about whether or not the main characters lived or died. They didn't invoke any empathetic sense of panic, tension or whatever. Technically, in my view it was also flawed. With such a huge scale epidemic and millions of dead project (like 1918/9 Spanish Pandemic), I would have thought they would have move much quicker to clinical trials on humans than really on the soppy scientist who tried it on herself.

What happened to Elliot Gould btw? Sank without trace in the film - very odd.
  • Just seen a film that has blown me away.

Tyrannosaur.

Amazing British film directed by Paddy Considine .

• Sponsored links:

• Just watched Contagion against my will. It was crap.
  • I enjoyed Tin Tin. Loved the books.

Tyrannosaur.

That could be very good but it looks rather too depressing. Hasn't anyone got any recommendations for another good (British?) film that won't make me feel like I'm watching Charlton in 08/09.

Tyrannosaur.

That could be very good but it looks rather too depressing. Hasn't anyone got any recommendations for another good (British?) film that won't make me feel like I'm watching Charlton in 08/09.
    It is a difficult watch at times but it's far from depressing. in fact it has the opposite affect when you see it. 
  • So why's it difficult to watch?
  • edited November 2011
    So why's it difficult to watch?
    Because of the domestic violence but its more about hope than despair. Trust me it's fantastic.
  • I'm sorry but I just don't want to watch a film about domestic violence. I watched a film about incest (not The Addams Family) a few months ago and I just don't see the point in watching something that's so depressing.
  • I'm sorry but I just don't want to watch a film about domestic violence. I watched a film about incest (not The Addams Family) a few months ago and I just don't see the point in watching something that's so depressing.
    Your loss. This is sure to be up for plenty of awards in the new year.
  • edited November 2011

If anyone is a fan of Ray Winstone you have to see London Boulevard - Quality

Watched this last night. Undoubtedly one of the worst films I have ever seen. Appalling.

• edited November 2011

If anyone is a fan of Ray Winstone you have to see London Boulevard - Quality

Watched this last night. Undoubtedly one of the worst films I have ever seen. Appalling.

It's all about opinions.