Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest Films

Comments

• Options
    Yeah and I just gave mine.
  • Options
    Watched RAGE last night, before watching I didn't know what it was about- the worst I've ever seen.
  • Options
    other half wants to go watch the new twiglight film, having sat through the others i would rather pull my eyes out with a pair of pliers that had been up a tramps backside for a month, need an excuse to get out of it.
  • Options
    Say you'd rather go somewhere where you can be together and talk properly ;0)
  • Options
    for worst fims: see the happening..
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Just saw someone put Boy With Striped Pyjamas and Without A Paddle in the same list of recommendations - awesome!!!

The Happening is so funny. Mark Wahlberg chats to a plastic pot plant. London Boulevard is pretty funny too. That and any movie by Nick Love makes me laugh (not in the way they hoped). The guy's such a douchebag. (Be warned - video has LOTS of swearing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5h9ZPBuBEs

A bootleg trailer for Prometheus (the Alien prequel) just appeared online. Getting excited for this one.

http://whatculture.com/film/bootlegged-prometheus-trailer-leaks-it-sure-feels-like-alien.php

• Options
    I'm sorry but I just don't want to watch a film about domestic violence. I watched a film about incest (not The Addams Family) a few months ago and I just don't see the point in watching something that's so depressing.
    Closing yourself off to some great art there. Tyrannosaur has got amazing reviews and i've heard it really lives up to the hype. NEVER judge a film by it's trailer.
  • Options
    Ordinarily I would agree with you Kent. But I think you can judge this one by it's trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA48UG0gkJI
  • Options
    i like a bit of brain out adam sandler once in a while, always a few laughs and harmless fun. i think it looks good.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    My word. You really think this looks good!? That's why Hollywood keep turning this garbage out, 'cos there are people willing to pay for it. Ah well. Each to their own!

Personally, I think it looks a lot like this: (apologies for dominating the thread with videos, last one, i promise).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0WlUqgP4Cw
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rob schnider der derp derp de diddly derp...
  • Options
    as i said mate, i love my films but sometimes you just want a bit of brainless fun and sandler does it goes for jackass and farrelly brothers films too. no way would any of his films be in my top 10 movies of all time but sometimes you need abit of happy gilmour or the wedding singer.
  • Options
    other half wants to go watch the new twiglight film, having sat through the others i would rather pull my eyes out with a pair of pliers that had been up a tramps backside for a month, need an excuse to get out of it.
    Watched it over the weekend with the missus. I lasted 20 minutes before I nodded off - Dull , Dull , Dull.
  • Options
    Win Win - a nice film, bit predictable in it's plot line - Paul Giamatti is always good value!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ci_I6n2j5Uw
  • Options
    Saw Immortals at the weekend, I enjoyed it though probably not one to take the better half to... if you enjoyed the Clash Of The Titans, 300 etc, then this is probably up your alley, if you didn't, avoid it. Went with mates so saw it in 3D, but I can't see any reason it improves it particularly.
  • Options
    Just watched The Fighter. Quality boxing flick based on true story. Wahlberg and Bale in top form. Black Swan next.
  • Options
    Just watched The Fighter. Quality boxing flick based on true story. Wahlberg and Bale in top form. Black Swan next.
    Black Swan = Pretentious shite
  • Options
    this weeks arrival from love films - 'Submarine' and 'Meeks cut -off' . Enjoyed both lots but only watch Meeks if you enjoy a film where nothing much happens !
  • Options
    I thought Black Swan was fantastic. A bit 'artsy' in parts but I think "Pretentious shite" is over the top.

Anything film that can keep a Middle Park bloke watching
  • Options
    .... Ballet for 2 hours must be good surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    .... Ballet for 2 hours must be good surely?
    Exactly ;)
  • Options
    Black Swan is great, slightly tough to watch at times as subjects relating to Bilemia makes me queazy as hell.
  • Options
    Black Swan is horribly overrated. Up there with Donnie Darko with being one of those pretentious hipster films
  • Options
    I like Donnie Darko ... and have my doubts that I'm a hipster lol
  • Options
    I quite liked Donnie Darko but hated Black Swan. I also hated Fight Club but many people loved it.
  • Options
    I quite liked Donnie Darko but hated Black Swan. I also hated Fight Club but many people loved it.

Well, I have just done Black Swan and it was pretty good. Quite creepy in places and cranked up by the odd sound effects that reminded me of something out of a David Lynch film. Done by the same director that made Requiem for a Dream which I have not got round to watching ( have heard it is a pretty tough film ). I enjoyed Donnie Darko ( excellent soundtrack ) and thought Fight Club was OK too.
  • Options
    Watched RAGE last night, before watching I didn't know what it was about- the worst I've ever seen.
    That's a film I distribute - sorry! :-(
  • Options
    Just watched Paper Moon (1973) on hard to find DVD. Ryan and Tatum O Neal.

Saw it years ago and loved it - loved it just as much this time.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    That's a film I distribute - sorry! :-(
    I've heard good things about it.  EDIT: Not the film i was thinking of.
  • Options
    anyone seen Moneyball yet?