Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest Films

1276277278279280282»

Comments

• Options
    Anybody seen the latest Apes movie? Hoping to catch it tonight. Still love the original. That ending…
  • Options
    Anybody seen the latest Apes movie? Hoping to catch it tonight. Still love the original. That ending…
    Yes, I’ve seen it

If  you liked the other movies, you’ll probably like it, if not don’t bother, interested on what you make of it, I quite enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Yes, I’ve seen it

If  you liked the other movies, you’ll probably like it, if not don’t bother, interested on what you make of it, I quite enjoyed it.
    Cheers, now seeing it tomorrow night as got delayed on the way home, but love the series, so 🤞🤞

• Options
    Saw Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes with the whole family last night. Ratings out of 10 from the 4 of us were 7.5, 8.5, 9 (me) and 10.

The premise is simple enough and the pace a little slow, but that pace enables the story tellers to properly engross you in a future state Earth run by talking 🦍s and sets ups the next two in this trilogy in a way in which not everything is as obvious as it could seem. 

Will the next two focus on all out war - remaining mankind vs apes or will the protagonists seek and find a way in which both mankind and apes can live together? 

Visually it was stunning, if the cinematographer and SFX teams are not up for Oscars and BAFTAs next year, it will be a travesty. The acting was very compelling. Andy Serkis has made an incredibly successful living out of motion capture acting, but this bunch, particularly Owen Teague and Peter Macon did complete justice to the art. 

Would I see it again, not immediately, but not because I didn’t love it, but because the pace was sufficiently slow and my focus was 100% that I fully got it, fully enjoyed it and feel fully ready for the next instalment. 

A great kick off to summer movie season… 👏🦍👏

P.S. I loved the nods the composer John Paesano gave to the original Apes movie. Didn’t over do it, but if you loved the classic, you will know where and when and think, that’s cool…
  • Options
    Oooh I love that P.S. 
    Can’t wait to see it now 🤩
  • Options
    Mad Max Furiosa - Another film
    in the desert!

I didn’t really like the last Mad Max film, so my expectations were very low.

However I thought this one was epic, bonkers, nuts and anyone other descriptive adjective you could throw at it.

150 minutes long, I can’t imagine what it would be like watching this in an IMAX cinema, or 4DX cinema, cracking film, worth a watch, but probably comes across better on the big screen, rather than at home.
  • Options
    IF

Saw this with my daughter. A very enjoyable film about childhood and loss - a good family film. 
  • Options
    IF

Saw this with my daughter. A very enjoyable film about childhood and loss - a good family film. 
    I saw it with my kids last week, wasn't as convinced - felt a bit flat and confused to me.

Saw the trailer to Inside Out 2 though - really looking forward to that, first one is such an amazing film.
  • Options
    IF

I saw it with my kids last week, wasn't as convinced - felt a bit flat and confused to me.

Saw the trailer to Inside Out 2 though - really looking forward to that, first one is such an amazing film.
    I think IF is a very sentimental film - sometimes a film works because of the mood you're in when you see it. I didn't find it flat or confused. 

Inside Out was a very clever film and I look forward to seeing the second instalment.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    King Kong x Godzilla or whatever it's called. Possibly the most forgettable film I have ever seen. I can honestly only remember about 10 minutes of it. No idea how it ended. Seems mad to me that they spend so much time and effort making a decent TV show (Monarch: Legacy of Monsters) and have a film that pays it no mind, and tonally is completely different. Given how good Kong: Skull Island was, and how patient Gareth Edwards's Godzilla was, it's a real shame that they've turned this franchise into a Marvel-style cartoon.  2 out of 11

The Fall Guy - A charming cast and some excellent fight choreography can't save a paper thin plot. The plot is so non-existent that it could only serve a purpose in a parody movie, which this kind of is, only it doesn't go full parody so it needs a far smarter story. I really didn't understand the tone at all. 3 out of 7

Kingdom of the Apes - This instalment really missed Matt Reeves. He has a patience in his edits that elevates the two films he made above popcorn fare, and while this story is in keeping with what Reeves did, and continues to set up an ongoing franchise, there's an X factor that's lacking that I can only really put down to the direction. And maybe the casting - the lead human is a remarkably attractive 22-year-old woman, which is about 20 years too young given her purpose and knowledge etc. and it nearly torpedoes the move. It's such a shame. It's a move I don't think Reeves would have allowed. The plot is basically lifted from Apocalypto, and there was a big challenge in replacing Caesar and his arc, and I'm not sure they quite pulled it off. Still, I did enjoy this one. 5 out of 8. 

• Options
    Saw IF yesterday. Was expecting a bit more comedy with RR involved, but can only think of 1 or 2 actual laughs. Very sickly sweet but my daughter liked it. I had higher hopes.
  • Options
    Saw IF yesterday. Was expecting a bit more comedy with RR involved, but can only think of 1 or 2 actual laughs. Very sickly sweet but my daughter liked it. I had higher hopes.
    Looks like I'm in a minority on here in liking this. Nice to see RR in a straight role and maybe the fact that I'm an old git made me appreciate it more.

• Options
    Furiosa. Anya Taylor Joy is very good. Hemsworth is having a ball. It’s a decent script for a well put together film. If you like Mad Max 2 particularly, you’ll like this. 
  • Options
    The Last Stop in Yuma County - an indie Neo-noir movie which I would describe as budget Tarantino with a few unexpected outcomes. Overall enjoyed it, 90 minutes long, which makes a pleasant change from 2.5 hours+ movies being released in general. 

A film to catch on a flight or for a bit of ‘bloody’ entertainment. It’s not meant to be particularly funny, but as the situation plays out, you do arrive at one or two “oh my God” chuckle moments.
  • Options
    I watched Atlas on Netflix over the weekend. What could have been an interesting premise turned into a pretty formulaic 'hero single-handedly takes on a planet full of baddies' CGI fest (and not particularly great CGI at that tbh). I hope Mark Strong got paid well for this hocum too. 

I had forgotten what a wooden actor Jennifer Lopez is too or I would probably avoided it. 
  • Options
    Next Goal Wins was an unnecessary film. Watch Cool Runnings instead.
  • Options
    I watched Atlas on Netflix over the weekend. What could have been an interesting premise turned into a pretty formulaic 'hero single-handedly takes on a planet full of baddies' CGI fest (and not particularly great CGI at that tbh). I hope Mark Strong got paid well for this hocum too. 

I had forgotten what a wooden actor Jennifer Lopez is too or I would probably avoided it. 
    Last year I watched an old Oliver Stone film called U Turn starring Sean Penn and JLo. Sean Penn was good while JLo was really poor and I remember thinking she should've just stuck to her singing career.