Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest Films

Comments

• Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Agreed, Dark Waters was excellent. Another fine performance from Mark Ruffalo.
    Definitely worth watching.
  • Options
    Watched Tenet and didn't like it at all. Worst Nolan film in my opinion. 150 minutes wasted. I hope his next project is better than this as I liked almost all of his previous films... 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Watched Tenet and didn't like it at all. Worst Nolan film in my opinion. 150 minutes wasted. I hope his next project is better than this as I liked almost all of his previous films... 
    I hated it. 
  • Options
    I loved it.
  • Options
    I loved it.
    Never got the chance to see it ... but getting the DVD for Xmas and really looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    like most Nolan films, only worth watching on the big screen
  • Options
    Nolan is the only film director who manages to make me feel really stupid. Tenet is the worst case.  
  • Options
    Nolan is the only film director who manages to make me feel really stupid. Tenet is the worst case.  
    I absolutely loved Inception and Memento. Tenet looks a bit similar but I didn't understand it and have no interest in trying to figure out what it's actually about😂
  • Options
    Tenet is certainly his most confusing and challenging. It’s does however ‘make sense’ once broken down, as a few blogs and reviews I’ve read have shown. Memento, Interstellar, Inception, The Prestige were also ‘challenging’ in their ideas but were fairly easy to comprehend.
  • Options
    Tenet is certainly his most confusing and challenging. It’s does however ‘make sense’ once broken down, as a few blogs and reviews I’ve read have shown. Memento, Interstellar, Inception, The Prestige were also ‘challenging’ in their ideas but were fairly easy to comprehend.
    I’m looking forward to being totally confused on Christmas Day and then spending the whole of Boxing Day trying to understand it  :)

I love how ‘difficult’ his films can be. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Currently just over 2 hours in to the 4k extended version of The Fellowship of the Ring, big TV, HDR and Dolby Atmos home cinema, doesn't really get better for home viewing.
  • Options
    Watched 15-20 minutes of Tenet......that’s 15-20 minutes of my life I will never get back 
  • Options
    Enjoyed two decent films recently, Mosul and Dark Waters. 
    Mosul- what a film. Saw it last night on Netflix. Gritty , heroic, subtle, true story, twists and tension. Bloody marvellous.
  • Options
    Watched the new Wonder Woman film last night, I really enjoyed the first one but this one is just poor all-round, acting, script, plot, it's all just not very good.
  • Options
    Watched Uncle Frank on Amazon Prime, was very good.
  • Options
    Watched the new Wonder Woman film last night, I really enjoyed the first one but this one is just poor all-round, acting, script, plot, it's all just not very good.
    I watched it too. it's at least 45 minutes too long and it's dull as ditch water. Apart from that it was ok...
  • Options
    Can't believe the last post on this thread is from two months ago.  :D

I watched a new film starring Denzel Washington, Rami Malek and Jared Leto: The Little Things. It's only rated 6.3 on IMDB but I quite enjoyed it. Some scenes are a little disturbing and Malek's character did some unbelievable/unreasonable things. Other than that, I think it's a very good film. The story reminded me of True Detective season 1 and Mindhunter. The cast is great. Jared Leto did a great job especially.  8/10

I also watched a 2019 film The Report starring Adam Driver. I had been interested in this one for a long time but never got around to watching it until now. The film was a bit long but overall very educational. It's about the true story of the investigation of the CIA's interrogation programme. 8.5/10
  • Options
    Soul out on the Disney app was a good watch. Started a little strange  but it hot into it's stride and was very enjoyable, if a bit of a tear jerking finale. 8.5/10
    Palm Springs is in it's way a variation of Gtoundho Day. However  it has it's own story and some funny lines so well worth a watch.
    7.5/10

• Options
    I really liked the jazz style of Soul, and the animation was incredible. I just didn't get into the story the way I usually do with a Pixar movie. I don't know if that was a result of watching it at home with distractions, or if the story didn't engage me, or if maybe I didn't quite 'get' the afterlife thing they designed. One thing I am certain about - I thought it was going to be about acceptance of death. But at the end, that was definitely not the case. And that frustrated me. I get a bit cross with shows and movies not dealing with the finality of it. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I really liked the jazz style of Soul, and the animation was incredible. I just didn't get into the story the way I usually do with a Pixar movie. I don't know if that was a result of watching it at home with distractions, or if the story didn't engage me, or if maybe I didn't quite 'get' the afterlife thing they designed. One thing I am certain about - I thought it was going to be about acceptance of death. But at the end, that was definitely not the case. And that frustrated me. I get a bit cross with shows and movies not dealing with the finality of it. 
    I thought that it was gonna be about a bloke that played in a band. Didn’t have a clue it was gonna be about death etc. I thought it was good but nowhere near the levels of Coco, which IMO, is their greatest creation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I completely agree, I think it was the only Pixar film yet to make me tear up, and I was really looking forward to it. The musical, human sequences were great, it really doesn't go much into his passion, or what it means to him, personally. Like, there weren't really any stakes set up. It was decent, but I was expecting it to really be more up my alley.

• Options
    Watched News of the World with Tom Hanks last weekend and rather enjoyed it, probably a 7.5/10.

First half was really good, but the second half lacked action a bit, felt to me like they'd cut 20 mins out somewhere and most of the action for the second half of the film ended up on the cutting room floor.

Still well worth a watch, I imagine Hanks will get a few nominations for it, although I don't think the story/part is strong enough for him to win anything from it.
  • Options
    Watched News of the World with Tom Hanks last weekend and rather enjoyed it, probably a 7.5/10.

First half was really good, but the second half lacked action a bit, felt to me like they'd cut 20 mins out somewhere and most of the action for the second half of the film ended up on the cutting room floor.

Still well worth a watch, I imagine Hanks will get a few nominations for it, although I don't think the story/part is strong enough for him to win anything from it.
    Not a bad film, but expected better ... still worth a watch 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    2021 films (so far) of varying degrees of watchability:

Outside the Wire
    The Little Things
    Below Zero
    Judas and the Black Messiah
    Palmer
    The Dig
    Fear of Rain
    The White Tiger
    The Marksman
  • Options
    Only just watched Joker last week 

Whilst I thought his performance was good, the film was absolutely pants in my opinion.
  • Options
    I saw Sound of Metal last weekend which I enjoyed. Although I thought the story was sloppy in places Riz Ahmed made up for it.

Think the UK release is in March. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Whilst I thought his performance was good, the film was absolutely pants in my opinion.
    I wasn't expecting anything from it when I watched it, yet ended up thinking it was a brilliant film and window in to the world of mental health and the various triggers that some people have around others' behaviour towards them. Genuinely wasn't expecting it as I hadn't read anything about it beforehand. One of my favourite films of recent times.

You want to see a pants film? Give Robot Riot a whirl  :s  :)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I wasn't expecting anything from it when I watched it, yet ended up thinking it was a brilliant film and window in to the world of mental health and the various triggers that some people have around others' behaviour towards them. Genuinely wasn't expecting it as I hadn't read anything about it beforehand. One of my favourite films of recent times.

Fully agree 
  • Options
    Stan and Ollie is on BBC1 8.25pm tonight.