Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket: Test: SA v England.

Comments

• Options
    We're 15/0 and I've got the stupid feeling we're going to do it...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]We're 15/0 and I've got the stupid feeling we're going to do it...

Shhhh!!! i hope your right
  • Options
    i'm not too sure about the timing of the declaration, I'd have stayed batting and added another 50 runs and put the game beyond England. This leaves England with a slight chance of victory - although very slight. The pitch is good, and behind Steyn and Morkel the Saffers have de Wet playing his second Test, Harris the pub spinner and Kallis who isn't fully fit. Even so they should win and comfortably, but if KP gets going on this track then it might get interesting.
  • Options
    Quote from Bumble on sky just now ''we are hearing that apparently the UK is shut, spare a thought for us out here trying to find some shade''

quality!
  • Options
    28-0 so how much does that mean we need? their is a slight chance but need all batters to contribute and if KP is on form who knows
  • Options
    It means England need 438 to win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]It means England need 438 to win.

cheers huge ask, but not impossible
  • Options
    Great spell of fast bowling from Steyn, very fast but safely negotiated by Cook and Strauss.
  • Options
    38/0 at tea. So far...
  • Options
    It's still highly unlikely we'll win but the deficit is now below 400.

We're 69/0 and the bookies odds that were 16/1 two hours ago and now down to 11/2.

Smith could be made to look very silly declaring as early as he did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]It's still highly unlikely we'll win but the deficit is now below 400.

We're 69/0 and the bookies odds that were 16/1 two hours ago and now down to 11/2.

Hmm I wouldn't feel at all comfortable until we're about 150-0, and even then the game would be very much in the balance
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]It's still highly unlikely we'll win but the deficit is now below 400.

Hmm I wouldn't feel at all comfortable until we're about 150-0, and even then the game would be very much in the balance

I wouldn't feel comfortable with England even if we were 300-0 but i think Smith declared too early, IMO he should have pushed on for 500 instead of declaring at 447.
  • Options
    But they are one down in the series, so they have a better chance of winning if England feel they can do this and take chances. But 87 for 0 is a good start. Long way to go to save the game, really can't see us winning though, just a battling draw would be good. How long til close?
  • Options
    There are around 25 overs left tonight.
  • Options
    and another day, so it is more then capable but as steve says when england are doing well always expect a balls up. what a result if theres not though!
  • Options
    96-0
  • Options
    Cook gone for 55 101-1
  • Options
    Oh Cookie....
  • Options
    Another gimme.
  • Options
    A soft dismissal, but Cook has done his job - seeing off two spells from Steyn and the new ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think those odds will be drifting back out now...
  • Options
    AJ Strauss c Amla b Harris 45
  • Options
    COLLAPSE!
  • Options
    how many overs left today ?
  • Options
    It's time for the South Africans to show what they're made of... meaning KP and Trott of course

Using the magic of maths, I've worked out that each batsman needs to make an average of 42.72 runs, so at least Cook and Strauss reached and surpassed their quota. Might need someone to pick up some of Onions' slack though..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]how many overs left today ?

• Options
    One thing is that we have an excellent tail these days, so if one of the batsmen can make a big hundred he'll likely get some decent support right down to 10
  • Options
    Never gonna win it

sa will win by 150 to 200 runs as we will collapse
  • Options
    Kp gone. 3 down
  • Options
    I take back everything that I said earlier...