Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket: Test: SA v England.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Day finishes with us on 241-7, 50 runs behind. 7 wickets down isn't where we'd want to be having got them out for 291 but i guess at the start of the day, with Kallis looking good, if you'd said we'd end it only 50 runs behind them we'd have taken that.

Yeah i'd definitely have taken that when the score was at 36 for 3 today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Day finishes with us on 241-7, 50 runs behind. 7 wickets down isn't where we'd want to be having got them out for 291 but i guess at the start of the day, with Kallis looking good, if you'd said we'd end it only 50 runs behind them we'd have taken that.

lol was it bad light again or for once was we allowed a full day, no one ever got back to me on that one :-(

Yeah could be worse could be better comes to mind, the key will be our bowling in the next innings get them out for less then 300 then we have a good chance
  • Options
    Yep it all depends on how we bowl second innings, if we can bowl similarly then we have a chance to win this. If SA run away with it then we're in trouble.

You couldn't call it right now!
  • Options
    241-8

Swann caught behind for 5.
  • Options
    Anderson caught behind 1st ball.

241-9.

Morkel picks up a 5fer.......
  • Options
    Damn he could have done some damage.
  • Options
    Great innings from Prior to salvage a bad morning, although their openers seem to be getting in now.

21/0, lead of 39.
  • Options
    England Allout 273.
    SA now 22-0, lead of 40.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    30-0
    Lead of 48.

BDL.....Did I ever mention the Fact that 16 Years ago I went to Newlands...........
    ;-)
  • Options
    What do people think of the review system this series?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    31-1 LBW Swann.

Prince appealled against a LBW shout.......

"What a waste of a review" Sir Ian Botham.

(49-1 in Real money......)
  • Options
    30 for 1.

Prince lbw to Swann
  • Options
    SA lead by 129 with 9 wickets remaining. Game is slipping away from us. Expect a post from Ketman any time soon.
  • Options
    Not looking good is it? 129-1 SA, so 179 lead with 2 & 1/2 days left

Come on England get your bowling going as if they get 300+ would be a huge ask
  • Options
    300+ for SA on this pitch would = England loose im affraid.
  • Options
    getting hammered now 225-1, so 244 behind already with 9 wickets in hand

this rate they will probably beat us with a day to spare although does depend on our batting which is incosistent, i'd take the draw if offered it now
  • Options
    sorry 244 needed not behind
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]sorry 244 needed not behind

Isn't that the same thing?
  • Options
    261-2

Amla C.Cook B.Swann 95.
  • Options
    Smith has 150. Lead is now 306
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]sorry 244 needed not behind

Isn't that the same thing?

no cos behind means thats to level with them, where as needed is the amount we need to win. only difference of one but just wanted to clear up for my original mis-judgement
  • Options
    South Africa have declared and England chasing 466. Big score but pitch still in good nick and i think they could do it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]South Africa have declared and England chasing 466. Big score but pitch still in good nick and i think they could do it!

need a big opening stand and as they just said, preferably no more than 2 wickets down by close of play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]South Africa have declared and England chasing 466. Big score but pitch still in good nick and i think they could do it!
    No way - I'll offer you 1000/1 - minimum bet of £10,000. ;-)
  • Options

Yeah i'd say no chance, although im not willing to offer you any odds on it as you never know with england! lets hope they prove me and West Side Glenn wrong
  • Options

If you think they'll do it, get a bet on. Some bookies are offering 16/1 on an England win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    No way - I'll offer you 1000/1 - minimum bet of £10,000. ;-)

Thats the spirit ;0) Seriously though pitch is in great nick and not even close to some day 4 pitches, although it will be a mammoth task to even get a draw!
  • Options
    Lucky they have a non spinning spinner.
  • Options
    In other cricket news only the bloody Aussies could've escaped from their latest test with a win.

206 behind after the 1st innings and were 257-8 but put on over 100 for the 9th wicket to leave Pakistan 176 to win. Even then Pakistan were 130-6 and still lost.

Bloody Aussies
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]In other cricket news only the bloody Aussies could've escaped from their latest test with a win.

206 behind after the 1st innings and were 257-8 but put on over 100 for the 9th wicket to leave Pakistan 176 to win. Even then Pakistan were 130-6 and still lost.

Bloody Aussies

Did anyone watch any of this? I watched till the early hours and the Pakistan captain didn't have a clue for the first few hours of the day and it was a shocking collapse by the batsmen.