Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sports personality of the year

124»

Comments

• The Giggs award hasn't aged well

I expect it will be an Olympian as it's a sport that is covered by the beeb
  • Someone from the Olympic horse dancing team 
  • Duncan Scott surely deserves to be in the shortlist... he won 4 medals, more than any British athlete at one games ever
  • Sterling is probably in for a shout with his England run during the Euros. 

Olympians as always. 

Southgate probably gets coach of the year. 

Tom Daley would be a popular choice and is a household name already so would get the votes. 
  • Cav for me, awesome in the Tour De France.
  • Tom Daley because of his knitting! 
  • The Tom Daley story is something people will vote for, and I think he would be a deserving winner. Cav will be on the top 10, otherwise it'll be Daley, Peaty and the Kenny's for the main award. 
  • Rothko said:
    The Tom Daley story is something people will vote for, and I think he would be a deserving winner. Cav will be on the top 10, otherwise it'll be Daley, Peaty and the Kenny's for the main award. 
    The portion of general public who actually vote in this probably wouldn’t gravitate to Peaty but will definitely vote Daley. 
  • well sod u lot i was pleased,i think this geezer is a class act both on and off the pitch, unlike many high profile sportsmen you dont read about who he has
    been shagging all over the papers,been at the top of the game for 20 years,and playing as well as ever.Ollie I know you detest him mate but your continued slagging of him off makes you look a little foolish,considering what he has achieved in his career.
    Ahem. 
    Who is the referring to?
  • Sponsored links:

• well sod u lot i was pleased,i think this geezer is a class act both on and off the pitch, unlike many high profile sportsmen you dont read about who he has
    been shagging all over the papers,been at the top of the game for 20 years,and playing as well as ever.Ollie I know you detest him mate but your continued slagging of him off makes you look a little foolish,considering what he has achieved in his career.
    Ahem. 
    Who is the referring to?
    Ryan Giggs
  • Explosion W should get the best horse award  ;)
  • Explosion W should get the best horse award  ;)
    Nah the one the German girl got in the modern pentathlon. 
  • Adam Peaty, because of his excellent has encouraged the whole GB Swimming team to Dream, believe, Achieve. 

Comes across so macho when he is swimming but did a superb interview with Clare Balding when he was back in England with his two gold's and a silver and talked life and motivation.

• I feel its a load of bollocks, i personally feel the sports personality has become a bit political. Maybe not literally but just BBC are very selective, i mean Ronnie O Sullivan won the World title and he is mid 40's now, one of the true greats and irony in one of the sports which BBC show great coverage, they selected Hamilton who was the obvious choice with everything going on and his achievements. 

Just googled, ROS thoughts: 

Ronnie O'Sullivan says he's "over the moon" that he's never been nominated for BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

The 42-year-old won his sixth UK Championship title on Sunday and beat Michael Georgiou in the Scottish Open first round on Tuesday.

Steve Davis won SPOTY in 1988 and said O'Sullivan is one of Britain's "greatest sporting personalities".

I mean firstly ROS is a personality and he's won the greatest thing in snooker, there were doubts he would win another @paulie8290

I think i lost interest in it years ago just seems like sporting greats eg. Phil Taylor was never recognised, doubt the voting is even legit either