Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sports personality of the year

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
As much as I like ryan giggs, very dissapointed, Jensen Button a must.

Must have been lots of surrey mancs calling in.

Comments

• I wonder who won the BBC Wales sports personality of the year award and does anyone know who won the BBC England version ?
  • Just updated my Facebook with this, i think it sounds like i am sitting on the fence about the Matter.

'Bryan giggs, sports personality, what a crock of donkey shit!! He is crap, overrated pile of Man United Gism!! What a load of pants!! David Haye, World Heavyweight Champ, Cavendish Winning 6 stages at la tour (prob never be done again) Button winning F1 when he didnt have a drive this time last year, and a Welsh footba...ller wins it!! Shite, donkey shite and more donkey shite.'
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Just updated my Facebook with this, i think it sounds like i am sitting on the fence about the Matter.

'Bryan giggs, sports personality, what a crock of donkey shit!! He is crap, overrated pile of Man United Gism!! What a load of pants!! David Haye, World Heavyweight Champ, Cavendish Winning 6 stages at la tour (prob never be done again) Button winning F1 when he didnt have a drive this time last year, and a Welsh footba...ller wins it!! Shite, donkey shite and more donkey shite.'

Pleased for the lad then MCS?
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Just updated my Facebook with this, i think it sounds like i am sitting on the fence about the Matter.

Lol................
  • Lad, he is fecking about 476 years old!!

Very annoyed, from belvererdrederedererederre

rubbish.
  • Calm down mate, you know the X Factor result is the big one tonight!
  • Ryan Giggs?

Not, say, the F1 world champion? Or the Ashes-winning captain? Or the heavyweight champion of the world? Or some other actual world champions? But Giggsy-Wiggsy, who as far as I know hasn't ever been a world-champion at anything, and was part of a team that was humiliated in the European Cup Final? That Ryan Giggs? The Ryan Giggs who doesn't appear to have a personality?
  • where is phil taylor
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]where is phil taylor

Weight watchers!!
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]where is phil taylor

Darts isn't a sport...
  • Sponsored links:

• Flawed competition name,

Flawed competition voting system,

Quelle Surprise = Flawed result.

The only upside to the show was presenting an award to transvestite comedian marathon runner.

BBC and sport don't go anymore.
  • i was joking bfr
  • I'm glad I successfully dodged both X Factor and the Sports Personality thing, seeing as I agree with neither of the winners. Giggs is ancient and he made the European Cup final, so, like, he must be very good innit
  • Well surprised me........Thought Button or Haye had it in the bag
  • Should've just called it Manchester Utd supporter's player of the year award. No one else has a chance against the numbers voting for Giggs. Great player, but should never have even been in the ten IMO.
    Button or Haye for me.
  • If this outdated anachranism of a programme is to continue perhaps it could be called 'Sports Achiever of the Year' which hopefully would reflect a sportsperson's true value to their chosen sport. At the moment the 'show' is an insult to the viewing (and licence paying) public and denigrates the worth of other sportsmen/women.
  • I still haven't got over Zara Phillips winning it in 2006 . . .
  • Yeah, that was a real turn up wasn't it!
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I still haven't got over Zara Phillips winning it in 2006 . . .

To be fair though, she hasn't stopped winning things and being in the public eye since, flying the flag and bringing glory to our nation. I mean, there was .......... er ........... um ........... nope, buggered if I know what she's done since!
  • Been a joke now for years and Giggs winning must run the Zara Phillips result a close second in terms of unworthy "winner"! Haven't watched it for years now.

Needs a total re format as said earlier in the thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]where is phil taylor

Darts isn't a sport...

Nor is Snooker a sport, didn't stop Steve Davis winning in 88
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]where is phil taylor

Darts isn't a sport...

Nor is Snooker a sport, didn't stop Steve Davis winning in 88

snooker is a sport! as i play it lol
  • Hmmm, not sure which is worse

Ryan Giggs wins Personality of the Year despite not really having a personality and there being loads of other world champions and whatnot among the nominees.

England Men's Cricket team wins Team of the Year despite losing to Holland and most of their one dayers. This compared to the England Women's Cricket team who beat pretty much everything put in front of them.
  • well sod u lot i was pleased,i think this geezer is a class act both on and off the pitch, unlike many high profile sportsmen you dont read about who he has
    been shagging all over the papers,been at the top of the game for 20 years,and playing as well as ever.Ollie I know you detest him mate but your continued slagging of him off makes you look a little foolish,considering what he has achieved in his career.
  • i think giggsy would have been better off getting one of those lifetime/special award thingys......... anyway footy is the main sport so stuff all the rest ;-)
  • They need to drop the word 'personality' from the title has the last few winners have had very little of this, david haye is a personailty as is ricky hatton. Sadly the others lose this by trainning day in day out, appearing on question of sport does not make u a personailty, make it sports person of the year so when the camera pans through the crowd and we see endless rows of lifeless eyes your not expecting an amazing acceptance speech.
  • I really hate award shows, they always end up like this. These people get well recognized for what they do, so I doubt they really care that much about getting a few extra meaningless pots on the mantlepiece. In my own mind I know who I think has excelled in sport, film, whatever: I don't need the opinion of a judging panel - or even worse, the public - to help me with that, so it's just a hot air generator without any end product.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]well sod u lot i was pleased,i think this geezer is a class act both on and off the pitch, unlike many high profile sportsmen you dont read about who he has
    been shagging all over the papers,been at the top of the game for 20 years,and playing as well as ever.Ollie I know you detest him mate but your continued slagging of him off makes you look a little foolish,considering what he has achieved in his career.

Ryan Giggs desereved winner a footballer of the highest order, never in trouble with the footballing authorities, never let his team down, the only player left to have scored in every season since the prem started

top pro and i am glad he got it you lot are just welshist
  • Should really have been Button or Haye.

Giggs didn't have a bad season but he wasn't even the best player at United this year!
  • All those World Champions...

Technically Giggs is a world Champion, but not really.