Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• Options
    anyone know why warwickshire are called the bears?
    From the coat of arms of Warwickshire, this quote from the Warwickshire county records office explains

The Bear and Ragged Staff

The origins of these emblems are lost in the distant past, but have been associated with the earls of Warwick since at least as early as the 14th century. William Dugdale, writing in the 1650s, said that Arthgal, an Earl of Warwick at the time of King Arthur, thought that his name came from the Welsh "artos" or bear. He also suggested that the ragged staff was chosen because Morvidus, Earl of Warwick, killed a giant with the broken branch of a tree. Of course, neither of these earls really existed and Dugdale was just recalling medieval legends. The bear was a common heraldic device and implied boldness and courage.
    always nice to learn something new. thanks. stuff of legends.
  • Options
    Anyone from the Tunbridge Wells area getting to any of the cricket over the next few days??
  • Options
    Anyone from the Tunbridge Wells area getting to any of the cricket over the next few days??
    with the weather doing its usual in june...i doubt it.
  • Options
    Northants 137-4 off 29 overs:
    Rain stopped play.
  • Options
    Tues 26th June:
    t20 SuperKent v Middlesex
    Live on Sky Sports 1 at 7pm.
  • Options
    Kent appear good enough to get promoted this year but it seems the weather is doing its best to stop us.
  • Options
    Kent appear good enough to get promoted this year but it seems the weather is doing its best to stop us.
    Thankfully it's stopping everyone else too!

• Options
    Heard rumours "LASHINGS XI" are playing @Beckenham next Sunday: Can anyone confirm ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KENTSPORTSNEWS ‏@KENTSPORTSNEWS
    Join us from 2pm today for live updates from @Kentcricket v @surreycricket in the Twenty 20 from @Beckenham on @ksnlive & @ksncricket
  • Options
    Just to be certain Mog......am I right in thinking play starts at 2pm today and is Billy Boy coming along?
  • Options
    Lovely afternoon in the sun watching the Super Spitfires demolish Surrey.

Good to see other Charlton fans/Lifers there too inc Covered End ( complete with beers !)
  • Options
    Agree, MOG.

"Watched" it online ( ie updates of score) and was sweating as the last over approached....but not to be.

Just ordered tickets for the Oval for moi, Don & Ralph. Will you be going ?

( Hope you're OK , mate)
  • Options
    Fingers crossed then, MOG.
  • Options
    Anyone heading to Lords next Friday?
  • Options
    #SuperKent in the final already ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No P.......England V Oz....one dayer!
    Pal offered me a ticket today.....can't wait.....but watch it piss down, you just know it!
  • Options
    Hi SoundAsa£

I will be and i am in the crompton upper

fancy meeting up for a beer

lets us know

• Options
    YESSSSS ! Kent beat Hants by 3 runs !!!!

Come on !!!
  • Options
    Hi SoundAsa£

I will be and i am in the crompton upper

fancy meeting up for a beer

lets us know

Hi CH....my pal is a fellow Addick who comes to a lot of away games with me, he's also an MCC member so I'm not sure where I'm going to be sitting.
    I'll inbox you my mobile number and maybe you can let me have your's......all being well we can link up for a 'snifter' or two......my pal Dave is great company!
  • Options
    Hi Sound

That sounds great and if you could also email it to timjordan44@hotmail.com that would be grate.

look forward to friday
  • Options
    Quick reminder......... Kent V Middx 20/20 on Sky Sports 1 at 7.00pm tonight.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited June 2012
    Just spotted Fanny on the TV at Canterbury. Pity Kent are getting tonked by Middlesex
  • Options
    How bad is Mahmood
  • Options
    Mahmood......30 off one over.....absolutely awful!
  • Options
    Just spotted Fanny on the TV at Canterbury. Pity Kent are getting tonked by Middlesex
    Really !!! Hope I wasn't picking my nose !

Another defeat for the Spitfires made worse by the cracking innings from Joe "Judas" Denley .

Have to ask the question ...what is Nash's role in the team ? Doesn't bowl, came in at no 7 ....?