Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• Options
    Job done...another Kent victory, and a record breaking one!
  • Options
    This might interest the old gits amongst us and any youngsters seeking a history lesson.

http://www.alanknott.co.uk/index.php

He was (is) a Charlton fan too.
  • Options
    Botham said at close of play Knott would drink half a lager & a sherry !
  • Options
    A real legend, probably my second favourite cricketer of all time (after Deadly Derek Underwood)
  • Options
    My uncle played against Knott when they were kids. Not sure of the level but probably (inter) school. Anyway Knott bowled my uncle out.
  • Options
    Often thought that a great name for a Kent pub could be...."Caught Knott Bowled Underwood."
  • Options
    Kent v Warwickshire in the Clydesdale Bank 40 is on sky sports 2 from 16:30.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip....I'll be watching.

• Options
    Thanks for the tip....I'll be watching.

So will I. Thanks for the reminder.
  • Options
    No probs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bears 1 for 1 in 2nd over .

Well done young Coles.
  • Options
    Gets better, folks...

Now 1 for 2 !
  • Options
    Have said before that Coles is an unbelievable talent. Will play for England for many years I think!!
  • Options
    And it's getting even better...

6 for 3 !!!
  • Options
    Is Coles the Charlton fan?
  • Options
    9 for 4 !!!!!!
  • Options
    It's Mark Davies who has done the damage - three wickets to Cole's one.
  • Options
    Goodness me.
  • Options
    No Adam Ball is the charlton fan
  • Options
    52 for 5 now. Tredders !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Need 96 from 26
  • Options
    Trust the bl**dy weather to mess up the match !
  • Options
    Is Coles the Charlton fan?
    Coles has been to The Valley a couple of times with my boys but he's really not into football so wouldn't confess to following a team.

Likes a little flutter though, was betting on everyone and everything in the Champions league final! (and he lost all of them)
  • Options
    As long as we get to the minimum 10 overs we are going to coast this. 23-0 off 3.
  • Options
    anyone know why warwickshire are called the bears?
  • Options
    kent 66-0. billings 40. key 17.
  • Options
    Well done the lads .

Now for some sweet revenge on Tues at Southend.

SPITFIRES !
  • Options
    Yay!
  • Options
    Very impressed by young Billings some magnificent shots....could be a big star in the making if all goes well.
  • Options
    anyone know why warwickshire are called the bears?
    From the coat of arms of Warwickshire, this quote from the Warwickshire county records office explains

The Bear and Ragged Staff

The origins of these emblems are lost in the distant past, but have been associated with the earls of Warwick since at least as early as the 14th century. William Dugdale, writing in the 1650s, said that Arthgal, an Earl of Warwick at the time of King Arthur, thought that his name came from the Welsh "artos" or bear. He also suggested that the ragged staff was chosen because Morvidus, Earl of Warwick, killed a giant with the broken branch of a tree. Of course, neither of these earls really existed and Dugdale was just recalling medieval legends. The bear was a common heraldic device and implied boldness and courage.