Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You'll Be Welcome At Witton Albion FC - FA Cup 8 November

Comments

• Options
    I think it was banter but then you started on our soul brothers Witton Albion
  • Options
    You can't have a Leftwich without a Rightwich !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LCV[/cite]There is a Middlewich and a Leftwich

Surely these are made up places where BBC costume dramas are set.
  • Options
    ... and what about Upwich and Downwich?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]You can't have a Leftwich without a Rightwich !

Can we not have any more political debates please or I'll report you to Admin
  • Options
    Rightwich fell down the salt mines, along with Topwich and Bottomwich.
  • Options
    I'm off...for a sandwich.
  • Options
    Nope, Middlewich and Leftwich are both real places. Does Shameless count as a costume drama?
  • Options
    Is there a lightswich?
  • Options
    I heard theres a road that runs through the town called....'Insideoutwich Way'

this could go on all day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hard to tell as the rules are rather complicated, but I believe it is currently Witton 6 Northwich 4 ;-)
  • Options
    Charlesroadatlas - AFKA wasn't being serious. Keep up the banter, loving the thread. For my part I shall be sitting in the Gold Spot in Albufeira watching on TV, wishing i was in a muddy field in Cheshire...
  • Options
    Posted By: Algarveaddick
    Charlesroadatlas - AFKA wasn't being serious. Keep up the banter, loving the thread. For my part I shall be sitting in the Gold Spot in Albufeira watching on TV, wishing i was in a muddy field in Cheshire...

Our pitch is actually a very large snooker table. If you want muddy fields, it's W****n that you are after. Their ground isn't referred to as 'the swamp' for nothing. On a good day, it's a turnip field. On a bad day, small dogs go missing amidst rumours of boa constrictors and other preditory reptiles.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Northwich Tricker[/cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick

Our pitch is actually a very large snooker table. If you want muddy fields, it's W****n that you are after. Their ground isn't referred to as 'the swamp' for nothing. On a good day, it's a turnip field. On a bad day, small dogs go missing amidst rumours of boa constrictors and other preditory reptiles.

mmm 6-5
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Hard to tell as the rules are rather complicated, but I believe it is currently Witton 6 Northwich 4 ;-)

Are we playing Mornington Crescent rules?
  • Options
    Henry IrvingCommentTime1 hour ago quote# 90
    Posted By: CharlesRoadatlas
    W***on are away to Carlton the day before, so unlucky or lucky .... you decide.

Carlton sound like a good team. Just something missing I can't quite put my finger on.

No, checked it all the through using spellchecker. Nothing missing as far as I can see "H"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Hard to tell as the rules are rather complicated, but I believe it is currently Witton 6 Northwich 4 ;-)

I'm sorry I don't have a clue what that means :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Me neither : - )
  • Options

Nor me ... but I am fairly certain my current scoring is correct ;-)
  • Options
    It's end to end stuff....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    obviously a longstanding fierce rivalry :

Record ever crowd : 11,290 v Witton Albion, Cheshire League, Good Friday 1949.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

Nor me ... but I am fairly certain my current scoring is correct ;-)

Can we ask Samantha?
  • Options
    Good idea ;-)
  • Options
    Sorry about AFKA's scum comment, he is a bit of a rogue element on this site and our moderators have to rein him in from time to time, just thank your lucky stars that he is abroad for this match with his past behaviour at FA cup ties, though I think it was the courts that imposed this as part of his sentence. Still 6-5 to witton though, you have some work to do Vic.
  • Options
    Posted By: Steve Dowman
    Sorry about AFKA's scum comment, he is a bit of a rogue element on this site and our moderators have to rein him in from time to time, just thank your lucky stars that he is abroad for this match with his past behaviour at FA cup ties, though I think it was the courts that imposed this as part of his sentence. Still 6-5 to witton though, you have some work to do Vic.

There are penalty points against anyone who refers to the Vics as "Vic's" or "Vic".
    Also, I think yellow cards are in order against any individual who uses such profanity as writing the full W word without the use of a masking asterix in there. There may be children watching O_o
  • Options
    Weren't the Charlatans from Northwich? If so, a point to them. I can't think of any other bands though, that's the Only One I Know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Weren't the Charlatans from Northwich? If so, a point to them. I can't think of any other bands though, that's the Only One I Know.

woooh ... that's 6-6
  • Options
    So, who will be first to the historically significant 7-6 scoreline then?
  • Options
    "Northwich is twinned to : Dole, France"

superb... wikipedia stepping up again!
  • Options
    There's a pub in Northsnitch called The Swinging Witch - that might be worth a corner