Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You'll Be Welcome At Witton Albion FC - FA Cup 8 November

Comments

• Options
    Definitely the best thread of all time lol

C'mon Northwich fans, keep it going.
  • Options
    *gets some popcorn*

fantastic thread!
  • Options
    I look forward to the first offering of 'we hate cockerknees' being hit back with 'we've all parked at Witton, la la la la'

:-)
  • Options
    Lmfao. How bout, we all meet in witton for a tear up. Witton Vs Northwich Vs CAFC?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I look forward to the first offering of 'we hate cockerknees' being hit back with 'we've all parked at Witton, la la la la'

:-)

Small club in Witton, you're just a small club in Witton...
  • Options
    We're only here to see the Witton!
  • Options
    i'm liking witton albions thinking clever little sausages.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]i'm liking witton albions thinking clever little sausages.

Leaving aside the obvious local rivalry between the two clubs, I admire his forethought, you cant stand still in business.
  • Options
    Don’t worry guys. I spoke to Vics this morning and they’re installing a decontamination shower in one of the turnstiles for any Charlton fans who go to Witton prior to the match.

That should hopefully minimise any itching the rest of us will experience on the Danebank.

Of course, it won’t do anything to stop the weeping sores developing on any fan who experiences Witton at first hand, but at least the rest of us should be OK.

Just view it as a lesson in natural selection.
  • Options
    So what is the distinction between the fans?

Are clubs chosen on where you live, which side of the canal, class, religion politics, mods or rockers?

I need to know so I can pick which to support.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its a bit like welling pre season, the welling club house was crowded damp and bit shabby, so went in the belverdere club on the other side of the ground was a million times nicer, oh and they had a plasma in the belverdere club.. the joys of non league football.
  • Options
    So what is the distinction between the fans?

Opposing thumbs.
  • Options
    My thumbs get on well with each other so I'm still not sure who to support.

Which team is the more southern?

I am tempted by the fact that Albion's old ground was in the middle of town behind the library.
  • Options
    Actually behind the local flea-pit, then bingo hall.
    Our old ground was much more up-market - next to the bus depot. :)

A bit of history for you ...
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/the-last-post-sounds-for-drill-field-637442.html
  • Options
    Well, we tend to be trainspotters rather than bus spotters so that is a point to Witton I'm afraid.
  • Options
    What colour's are the respective home kits?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]What colour's are the respective home kits?
    Witton play in Red & White! ;-)

2-0 to Witton.
  • Options
    W****n A****n were formed in the late 19th Century by a gang of moon-rakers who had nothing to do on Saturdays when their hospital let them out on day release. Thanks to Darwinian science, the offspring of these knuckle-draggers have continued the tradition into the 21st Century of dribbling and grunting incomprehensable utterances such as "ooo me boils", "arse-munch!" and "up the Alb, fnnneeek uuuhpppapppinggah hhhmph! "from the terraces each week. Fans of this club are generally considered to be "special".

Northwich Victoria were formed by a collective of great forward-thinking men and women with no genetic defects. Their fans continue to be renowned for having dna considered to be within normal human parameters - somewhat opposite in comparison to their lesser-developed neighbours.

Just think of Homo Sapiens in green as opposed to Cro-Magnon in red and white stripes.
  • Options
    Witton WEAR red and white. To say they play in it is pushing things a bit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]What colour's are the respective home kits?

LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    W****n A****n use the off-cuts of deck-chair material for their strips. It may be red like yourselves to some degree, but they couldn't even get that right. Oh, they think that black shorts go well with this.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Northwich Tricker[/cite]W****n A****n use the off-cuts of deck-chair material for their strips. It may be red like yourselves to some degree, but they couldn't even get that right. Oh, they think that black shorts go well with this.

So they are similar to Sunderland. Who are practically an ex-Charlton side. 3-0 Witton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Northwich Tricker[/cite]W****n A****n use the off-cuts of deck-chair material for their strips. It may be red like yourselves to some degree, but they couldn't even get that right. Oh, they think that black shorts go well with this.

So they are similar to Sunderland. Who are practically an ex-Charlton side. 3-0 Witton.
    Clive Mendonca Supports Sunderland and the clubs are only very good terms.

Definitely 3-0 to Witton.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Someone mentioned potholes .... Witton has plenty of potholes and arseholes. 5-0 to Witton then, depending on your perspective of your scoring system.
  • Options
    So they are similar to Sunderland who are practically an ex-Charlton side 3-0 Witton.

Yep, that's the usual scoreline.
  • Options
    Now we know where the potholes from the Valley Car Park went.

The Geordie Smiler sold them to Witton Albion. That man is a genius.

Do Witton have a home game on the Saturday before the cup game? Could do a weekend.
  • Options
    W***on are away to Carlton the day before, so unlucky or lucky .... you decide.
  • Options
    Carlton??

You couldn't make it up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharlesRoadatlas[/cite]W***on are away to Carlton the day before, so unlucky or lucky .... you decide.

Carlton sound like a good team. Just something missing I can't quite put my finger on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Now we know where the potholes from the Valley Car Park went.

The Geordie Smiler sold them to Witton Albion. That man is a genius.

Do Witton have a home game on the Saturday before the cup game? Could do a weekend.
    A team called Bromley are playing on Saturday, I thought you would be attending that?

[cite]Posted By: CharlesRoadatlas[/cite]W***on are away to Carlton the day before, so unlucky or lucky .... you decide.
    Carlton sounds like Charlton, point to Northwich

3-1 to Witton.