Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• The Cranberries Live in Madrid
  • Pearl jam - ten
  • Todd Rungren's Utopia - Live At Hammersmith Odeon 1975.
  • American V: A Hundred Highways - Johnny Cash

Very poignant and great production

Only just getting into Johnny Cash properly, thought American IV was superb so I will make the above my next purchase on your recommendation!
  • The Lion's Roar - First Aid Kit

Only just getting into Johnny Cash properly, thought American IV was superb so I will make the above my next purchase on your recommendation!
    It's a good album ... all his stuff with Rick Rubin is very impressive ... great partnership and sad it had to end when it did
  • Not sure if its been mentioned on here but Alabama Shakes are very good. Well worth checking them out
  • Sponsored links:

• New Order at The Brixton Academy.
  • Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow
  • Have to share this... absolute genius...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UYEZnhnVCg
  • Have to share this... absolute genius...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UYEZnhnVCg
    Love the Dresden Dolls!
    Their cover of Sabbath's War Pigs is amazing.
  • Not sure if its been mentioned on here but Alabama Shakes are very good. Well worth checking them out
    that girl has got a fantastic voice. etta james mixed with a bit of joplin.
  • Miles Davis The Fighter just getting into Jazz after a life times devotion to Rock, Blues and Soul but this is just fantastic
  • Folk Tale - Christy Moore
  • Solid Air .. John Martyn
  • the heartbreaks - funtimes
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer:
    "Once More with feeling".
  • Sponsored links:

• Stone & Lincs...two wonderful albums there.

Peteshep...bought the Heartbreaks album today on the back of a reviewer I like. Also picked up Mystery Jets (radlands), Richard Hawley (standing at the sky's edge) and Belleruche (roller chain)...have a lot to catch up on as well.

If anyone's into iPhone apps, found a really good one called Hype Radio. Gathers together a load of music blogs and posts up tracks from all of them. Every genre you can think of a probably a load you never knew had a genre...every decade too. Finding some great stuff on there :-)
  • Will take a listen to Heartbreaks album tomorrow ...seen a few good reviews
  • Stone & Lincs...two wonderful albums there.

Peteshep...bought the Heartbreaks album today on the back of a reviewer I like. Also picked up Mystery Jets (radlands), Richard Hawley (standing at the sky's edge) and Belleruche (roller chain)...have a lot to catch up on as well.

If anyone's into iPhone apps, found a really good one called Hype Radio. Gathers together a load of music blogs and posts up tracks from all of them. Every genre you can think of a probably a load you never knew had a genre...every decade too. Finding some great stuff on there :-)
    Thanks for the tip
  • went to see heartbreaks in hoxton last nite... really good show! great bunch of pop songs. smiths-esque
  • went to see heartbreaks in hoxton last nite... really good show! great bunch of pop songs. smiths-esque
    Had a listen to the CD last night and really liked it. Produced by Edwyn Collins...an exceptional talent...and I think it shows. I get the Smiths comparison and a good bit of soul/pop in there as well. Sounds like their live gigs are pretty good and that was obviously the case for you last night!

Maybe just subliminal, but listening to Delay Delay then got me listening to another band...Delays...who were around a few years ago. They were maybe a bit lighter, but found myself seeing comparisons there too :)
  • ♫ The Faces Live 1972 ♫
    Rod Steward~Vocals,
    Ron Wood~Guitar/Vocals,
    Ronnie Lane~Bass Guitar,
    Kenny Jones~Drums
    Ian McLagan~Keyboard
    Live at the bbc in concert,
  • Terry Reid - Glastonbury Fayre Festival - Live 1971
    TERRY REID - Without Expression (1973) OGWT
    Kevin Ayers- May I OGWT
    Roy Harper-Another day.
  • Been trying to brighten my day by listening to the Quantic Soul Orchestra's 'Tropidelico'

It worked :)
  • edited May 2012
    Maybe just subliminal, but listening to Delay Delay then got me listening to another band...Delays...who were around a few years ago. They were maybe a bit lighter, but found myself seeing comparisons there too :)

yeh, can see slight comparison with delays. they were playing loads of cure songs before heartbreaks they came on the other nite... just been listening to that recently!!!

• David Bowie - Low
    Hooded Fang - Tosta Mista
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!