Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• interesting about jimi not wanting to play his hits....makes sense in a way. like with so many before and after him they get fed up having to play that same hit they had years ago when they want to play something new or different. I have to admit at times i have been annoyed when a band plays new stuff. that’s not the music that made you fall in love with them. a mixture is good.
    when your small time you can often play what you want then as you become more famous you have to appease everyone. it becomes a job, with responsibilities to your fans. with the stage act i can understand...its not a circus act....I’m trying to play music.

I presume roger mayer patented what he did to make those numerous efforts? fuzz boxes...synths and all that as well.

Hopefully it is better these days, although in many ways I doubt it karim......
    As jimi stated at the Isle of wight 'damm man we are trying to get some other things together, but I dunno'..... although he had flown in from the launch of his studio in new york, taking to the stage at that time of the morning was never going to be easy, and jimi showed his displeasure by starting again..... That concert to me drew a line under the summer of love, as the crowd demanded a free concert, and had booed quite a few off stage, including Joni Mitchell, 'she called them tourists'.......Jimi playing 'God save the queen', with feedback,with endless tune ups, and his amps cutting out, with short wave security radio hardly helped. The cry of love tour went on, and the disaster of the isle of Ferman, with the horrendous rain, hells angels,and wacked out hippies, led to jimi declaring 'I don't give a fuck if you boo, as long as you do it in key, you mother f****** showed his general attitude.
  • Johnny cash on Sky Arts. Genius.
  • Memoirs at the end of the world - The Postmarks
  • The Madcap Laughs - Syd Barrett
  • The Madcap Laughs - Syd Barrett
    coincidence ... bought that yesterday ... good choice
  • If I Should Fall From Grace With God - The Pogues
  • why when the love is gone - isley brothers
    you don't know where your interest lies - dana valery
  • interesting about jimi not wanting to play his hits....makes sense in a way. like with so many before and after him they get fed up having to play that same hit they had years ago when they want to play something new or different. I have to admit at times i have been annoyed when a band plays new stuff. that’s not the music that made you fall in love with them. a mixture is good.
    when your small time you can often play what you want then as you become more famous you have to appease everyone. it becomes a job, with responsibilities to your fans. with the stage act i can understand...its not a circus act....I’m trying to play music.

I presume roger mayer patented what he did to make those numerous efforts? fuzz boxes...synths and all that as well.

Hopefully it is better these days, although in many ways I doubt it karim......
    As jimi stated at the Isle of wight 'damm man we are trying to get some other things together, but I dunno'..... although he had flown in from the launch of his studio in new york, taking to the stage at that time of the morning was never going to be easy, and jimi showed his displeasure by starting again..... That concert to me drew a line under the summer of love, as the crowd demanded a free concert, and had booed quite a few off stage, including Joni Mitchell, 'she called them tourists'.......Jimi playing 'God save the queen', with feedback,with endless tune ups, and his amps cutting out, with short wave security radio hardly helped. The cry of love tour went on, and the disaster of the isle of Ferman, with the horrendous rain, hells angels,and wacked out hippies, led to jimi declaring 'I don't give a fuck if you boo, as long as you do it in key, you mother f****** showed his general attitude.
    that has become one infamous festival. up there with altamont. a real hangover from the good times that preceded it.

you look at what you have to pay for at a festival and you just think its mad that they booed at a free one...what more do they want?!

nowadays because of it being expensive you do want your moneys worth. most of the time if the act says "look, guys, were just gonna play a few new songs" the crowd are usually from my experience tolerable. then again i see a lot of small bands so they don’t usually have 'hits' as such. The festivals I have been to can, with drunken groups, become a bit of a heckler session… sometimes it makes sense though if done to bands who IMO only have one song anyway.

• Not sure why but I've had the following on loop;

McFadden & Whitehead - Ain't No Stopping Us Now
    Sounds of Blackness - We're Going All The Way
    Incognito - Don't You Worry Bout A Thing

Subliminal messages anyone?
  • that has become one infamous festival. up there with altamont. a real hangover from the good times that preceded it.
    It has Karim.... I had the 3 disc bootleg of jimi at the isle of wight, and although shambolic in places, the hatchett job released on subsequent releases ruins the set.
    Yes jimi had a torrid time of it, but some of the guitar solos he produced at that concert were truly outstanding........
    This is jimi announcing he is starting again........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ3JSvkOHtM
    Here he is playing foxy lady...... where the Marshalls are screwed, look at him turning them off!....
    .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMBqiwyByfI&feature=related
    what it does not show is the drum solo where he walked off..... when the security radio cuts in.......
    And poor Joni..... driven to tears..... whatever the right or wrongs of the festival organisers, she did not deserve the boos
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrSlgBIyWoA
  • Sponsored links:

• Easyworld - This is Where I Stand
  • The Trashmen - Surfin Bird
  • Glen Miller
  • I Speak Because I Can - Laura Marling
  • great vids ken.

he did not look happy with those amps. still sounded great though.

ahh joni...when will they listen?

"he made me the head of the official committee to paint the fence invisible. he wanted to paint the fence invisible at the time because it was embarrassing him. at that time i suggested to him to put a few swivel panels on it. since then we discovered it isn’t the question of money. we are all middle class children and we can afford to have our festival"
  • edited April 2012
    Grant Lee Buffalo - Wish You Well
    Grant Lee Buffalo - Jupiter and Teardrop
  • Sponsored links:

• Neil Young Greatest Hits
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUvG5-UB7_0
    I enjoyed that Kevin Ayers clip.
    Shows a big Syd Barrett influence I think.
    According to Rob Chapman's excellent Syd tome "A very irregular head"; KA went looking for Syd at his London flat @ 1970 with a view to discussing a collaboration - only to find Syd "in absentia".
    What might have been, eh?
  • The Twang -Love it when I feel like this
  • Murder Ballads - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
  • Murder Ballads - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
    great album
  • Once Upon A Time - Robb Johnson & The Irregulars
  • Is there a song called "Blimey, thats a relief: Bye !" ?
    You found your earring???? ;-)
  • A Forrest The Cure
    You found your earring???? ;-)
    Nope, but after months of threating to leave Me she went today.
    Anyway...............CHAMPIONS !!

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!