Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• Options
    Right now- Funkadelic - Maggot Brain. Shows my age - but what a guitarist....Album link
  • Options
    Now you're talking, cafc-west. George Clinton! Did you see Bootsy Collins on Jools Holland the other week?
  • Options
    Ah Mr Hawksmoor...we must be of similar ages and leanings on the music and literary fronts! (as well as CAFC of course). No I didn't see Bootsy Collins on Jools Holland - thought Clinton was amazing on that 1 track though and just realised that Maggot Brain was 1971 (40th birthday this year!)! (By the way have just got the Kerouac On the Road - Scroll edition) - so thanks for that!
  • Options
    The new Airborne Toxic Event CD "All At Once"
  • Options
    World of Woe
    Today... Wodensthrone!

FAO Winters Dawn.... Amon Amarth album is 'solid' no real stand-out tracks at the moment (only had three listens), but think it will be one that grows on you. Hoping to catch them Saturday supoorting Children of Bodom....

So did ya get to go? Any good?

I saw them with Finntroll few years back, Finntroll stole the show big time!!
  • Options
    Starting to get into Cajun Music after watching Treme. Great soundtrack to a great series.
  • Options
    X-Ray Spex - Let's Submerge The Anthology
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]Ah Mr Hawksmoor...we must be of similar ages and leanings on the music and literary fronts! (as well as CAFC of course). No I didn't see Bootsy Collins on Jools Holland - thought Clinton was amazing on that 1 track though and just realised that Maggot Brain was 1971 (40th birthday this year!)! (By the way have just got the Kerouac On the Road - Scroll edition) - so thanks for that![/quote]

We are indeed of similar ages and leanings on said musical, literary and football team fronts, my friend (although I've got two years on you; I celebrated my 42nd in February). Enjoy the Scroll Edition, mate. It's different enough from the novel we know and love to warrant purchasing it. But yes, I've always been a big Parliament/Funkadelic fan. Clinton was way ahead of his time in his merging of rock and funk, while creating his own delightfully strange mythology, kind of like a funk Sun Ra in that respect. My current musical obsession, though, is Todd Rundgren.

Now there's a guy who's been intent on following his own star (or should that be A Wizard, A True Star?), even when it looks like others to be career suicide. He has a restless, questing nature and seems to delight in alienating with each new album.
  • Options
    The Primitives - Lazy 86-88 (The Singles Collection)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fao Winters Dawn.... yeah went along. Amon Amarth were as awesome as always. Must admit that I was not terribly impressed with Children of Bodom... no songs, no stage presence and just generally quite dull. Left before the end which I haven't done at a gig for ages.....
  • Options
    Yeah - Children of Boredom are dull live. Great musicians, and a few well-put together songs throughout their back catalogue, but not particularly inspiring (and the diddliddliddliddliddliddl keyboards get on your wick after a while)
  • Options
    The Wombats - This Modern Glitch
  • Options
    I Hate My Frickin' ISP - Todd Rundgren.
  • Options
    Bloody Dubstep permeating through every fibre in my body and completely against my will!
  • Options
    Bright Lights by Ellie Goulding
    Loud by Rihanna
  • Options
    SLF - Now Then - found it in a heap. Better than I remember.
  • Options
    Clutch - The Elephant Riders
    Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast
    Godflesh - Slavestate
  • Options
    Wire - "Chairs Missing".
  • Options
    Martin Carthy - The Definitive Collection
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Electric Ladyland - Hendrix
  • Options
    Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
    Will Haven - WHVN
    Carcass - Necroticism
  • Options
    Silver Mt Zion
  • Options
    T Rex - Electric Warrior
  • Options
    In The Land Of Grey And Pink by Caravan
  • Options
    Fugazi - 13 Songs
    Dead Kennedys - FFFRV
    Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
  • Options
    Biomechanical-The empires of the worlds
    Prong-Prove you wrong
    Monster Magnet 4-way diablo
  • Options
    The missus moaning that i haven't cut the grass...
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Tramshed, Woolwich: CAFC "Benefit" 1990

• Options
    The Dubliners