Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• sgt peppers - beatles

My favourite album till Hendrix came along........
    Out of interest, what's your favourite Hendrix record?
    Electric Ladyland :studio
    Band of Gypsys: Live.
    But then I did have over 600 hours of his music at one time, which was pretty sad, 400 hours were pretty poor quality, but that was bootlegs for you!.
    As a post-pubescent lad, wandering far from home, I saw Jimi Hendrix at the IOW, on a mega bill of talent. Silly boy, slept through much of the set though, awaking as he accidentally set the stage on fire. I think, this was his penultimate live show?
  • Big Audio Dynamite today.
    Covered wagon, medicine show.
    take you to a place where the healing flows.
  • Black Rainbows - Brett Anderson
  • Estas Tonne - Internal Flight.

He's a Russian guitarist and modern day troubadour who apparently does 'not identify with one country or a nation, but to the cultural wealth of the world' (according to wiki). Regardless, it's a damn fine piece of art.
  • So Alone - Johnny Thunders
  • ilovelucy said:

sgt peppers - beatles

But then I did have over 600 hours of his music at one time, which was pretty sad, 400 hours were pretty poor quality, but that was bootlegs for you!.
    As a post-pubescent lad, wandering far from home, I saw Jimi Hendrix at the IOW, on a mega bill of talent. Silly boy, slept through much of the set though, awaking as he accidentally set the stage on fire. I think, this was his penultimate live show?
    Not surprised, as I think he came on set at about 3am ish was not there I am afraid to say.
    How you slept through 'machine gun', with that massive WEM|Marshall amp set up, I have no idea.!,
    I think you will find it was ELP that set the stage alight with the firing of the cannon.
    Jimi went on a small European tour after the IOW, The Love and peace festival ,Fehmarn amid previous rain and hells angels was his last official gig, but he jammed at Ronnie Scotts with war| Eric Burdon on a few numbers is the alleged last recording.
  • Buffalo Tom
  • If anyone likes Soul music then check out these two new bands. The first I have already seen and they are amazing.

Enjoy

Nathaniel Rateliff and the night sweats
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAYhQsQhSY

St Paul and the Broken bones.
    https://youtu.be/BXIwNSfZqtY
  • Buffalo Tom

Wow, hadn't thought about them for a while, "Taillights fade", what an anthem!
  • ilovelucy said:

sgt peppers - beatles

Not surprised, as I think he came on set at about 3am ish was not there I am afraid to say.
    How you slept through 'machine gun', with that massive WEM|Marshall amp set up, I have no idea.!,
    I think you will find it was ELP that set the stage alight with the firing of the cannon.
    Jimi went on a small European tour after the IOW, The Love and peace festival ,Fehmarn amid previous rain and hells angels was his last official gig, but he jammed at Ronnie Scotts with war| Eric Burdon on a few numbers is the alleged last recording.
    Maybe your research is correct...probably more accurate than the blurred memory of my first festival - just looked again at wiki details of the four day line-up - my word, THAT was a bill. Ok, so the I.O.W. was the penultimate official Jimi Hendrix show, and Ronnie Scott's with Eric Burdon was the final, final public appearance? Surprised if I am the only CL member who was there, given the probable average age on here and the size of the IOW crowd?
  • Sponsored links:

• Date's for jimi:

IOW:30th August.
    31st: August: Hendrix/ Cox/ Mitchell Stockholm Sweden
    1 September 1970 Hendrix/ Cox/ Mitchell Gothenburg Sweden
    2 September 1970 Hendrix/ Cox/ Mitchell Arhus Denmark
    3 September 1970 Hendrix/ Cox/ Mitchell Copenhagen Denmark
    4 September 1970 Hendrix/ Cox/ Mitchell Berlin West Germany. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6knSqKIBE6M
    6 September 1970 Hendrix/ Cox/ Mitchell Isle Of Fehmarn West Germany
    16 September 1970 Jam Session Ronnie Scott’s (War) London England. which apparently Robin Trower attended but did not play.......

Funny you should mention IOW 1970 just been watching the Who,and Rory from that concert, as well as Jim Morrisson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayo75QnDnss
    now that is what I call heavy!........could it have been influenced by drugs?
    just found this on you tube..... Free the film footage, unedited of Free, God Koss and co were pretty mighty there.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCFBUc1RPPk. Paul Rodgers had a voice like a blowtorch..... complete screw up by Murray lerner as the base lead switch over, is not filmed
    ( as the camera ran out of film') on the DVD they have an ariel shot.......
  • More Signal More Noise - Asian Dub Foundation

brilliant like all their albums
  • creedence clearwater revival and the great voice of john fogerty.
  • Kicker - Zella Day
  • Amos Lee's self-titled album.
  • Damned Damned Damned.

No, not a reaction to the fact I can't go to Derby; just enjoying some "mindless directionless energy" all over again. They even had the foresight to name a track after a certain South African centre half.
  • clash - the singles

What's it called?
  • Steely Dan - Remastered

What's it called?
    Er, Amos Lee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Paddy7 said:

Damned Damned Damned.

No, not a reaction to the fact I can't go to Derby; just enjoying some "mindless directionless energy" all over again. They even had the foresight to name a track after a certain South African centre half.

Not played that for years, bloody good album, will get played tomorrow
  • Paddy7 said:

Damned Damned Damned.

Lucas Radebe? ;) quality album
  • edited August 2015
    Della Mae - This World Oft Can Be.

Stumbled across them last night on YouTube, they're a female country/bluegrass group. The genre's not really my usual listening but the harmonies have a pureness to them. Good stuff.
  • The Egyptian Army's killer version of the Russian national anthem.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IifStkAsemU
  • womack & womack- hits
  • FOCUS - Mother Focus
  • The Prodigy-The Day Is My Enemy.
    I prefer their electronic stuff, and find this album a bit too "rocky". But I'm sticking with it, hoping that it's a grower.
  • Anthems For Doomed Youth - new album from the Libertines. Superb!

Pete Doherty went missing before last night's Libertines gig (which was cancelled), one hour before the 3rd album, 11 years in the making is released. Couldn't make it up.
  • edited September 2015
    larks tongues in aspic - king crimson
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!