Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• the best punk album in the world...ever
  • Belong - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

just brilliant
  • Let England Shake - PJ Harvey
  • Sticky Fingers/Exile on Main Street .. Rolling Stones
  • The Stranglers- Dreamtime
  • Kablammo! - Ash. I real return to form for one of my favourite all-time bands
  • Interested to see all these Stranglers references. Assumed it was all over when Hugh left. Black & White; one of my favourites of all time. where should I restart?
  • McBobbin said:

Kablammo! - Ash. I real return to form for one of my favourite all-time bands

Didn't know about this ...cheers
  • stonemuse said:

McBobbin said:

Kablammo! - Ash. I real return to form for one of my favourite all-time bands

Didn't know about this ...cheers
    No worries... If you liked 1977 and Free All Angels you'll love this one!
  • ...or watching really. The Manics at Cardiff Castle. The holy bible start to finish... Cheerful stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• kafka said:

Interested to see all these Stranglers references. Assumed it was all over when Hugh left. Black & White; one of my favourites of all time. where should I restart?

Hugh was involved up to the '10' album.

Since then, they've had three different line-ups. Paul Roberts and John Ellis joined as lead singer and guitarist, respectively.

JE left in 2000 and was replaced by another guitarist, Baz Warne. They released an album in 2004 called 'Norfolk Coast' before Roberts left in 2006 and it became a four-piece again, with Warne and JJ Burnel (bass) sharing vocals.

Overall, listen to Norfolk Coast and their two following albums, 'Suite Xvi' and 'Giants'. The latter was released in 2012. They are three great albums.

During the Roberts/JE era, there were many great songs, but not one particular album that stands out compared to the Hugh era.

However, Warne added an extra bit of energy and creativity to the band and since he has been in, they've been excellent, on records and live.
  • stonemuse said:

Belong - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

just brilliant

I haven't got it, can't quite remember how it goes, but recall it's a great track. Might have to download it.
  • houses of the holy - led zep
  • Sticky Fingers Deluxe Reissue - The Rolling Stones
  • Power in the darkness - Tom Robinson Band
    Babylon's Burning - The Ruts
    Barry Horne - Inner Terrestrials
  • Power in the darkness - Tom Robinson Band
    Babylon's Burning - The Ruts
    Barry Horne - Inner Terrestrials

Love the first two
  • edited June 2015
    God Damn-Vultures
    16 Horsepower-Sackcloth n Ashes
    Soponcio-S/T & Fuerza Oculta
  • Pulse PF. Got to a couple of these shows, still on the way down I think.
  • edited June 2015
    Could be THE best version ever ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgcKhqlFz4Q

• herbie hancocks - greatest hits
  • Sponsored links:

• The Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Pink Floyd

That was a single wasn't it ? :smile:
  • The Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Pink Floyd

My dad has an original copy of this on vinyl somewhere. I'm assuming he "inherited" it from a brother/brother in law years ago. Not his sort of music, but many of his family stayed over back in the 60s/70s.

Is Cantaloupe Island on that?

That was a single wasn't it ? :smile:
    you clearly don't know his music.
  • hawksmoor said:

herbie hancocks - greatest hits

Is Cantaloupe Island on that?

no it isn't .
  • Santana III
  • Santana III

I sense you are a fan, as I am in parts, but thought you might like this view. A veteran U.S. music biz mover mate of mine told me this joke: What's the difference between Jesus and Carlos Santana? Jesus KNOWS he is the son of god.
  • ilovelucy said:

Santana III

I sense you are a fan, as I am in parts, but thought you might like this view. A veteran U.S. music biz mover mate of mine told me this joke: What's the difference between Jesus and Carlos Santana? Jesus KNOWS he is the son of god.
    Like a lot of one time heavy but now abstaining (so he claims) drug users .. Carlos has not only met God, he put him right about a few things as well ((:>)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!