Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• Alabama Shakes - Sound & Colour. Great album. Perfect summer listening.
  • Kite - Kirsty MacColl
  • Wrecking ball album, Bruce Springsteen
  • Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire.
  • A saucerful of secrets, PF and erm relaxing in the potting shed.
  • Who's Next
    Wishbone Ash
  • Don Fernando-Haunted By Humans
    Destrage-Are You Kidding Me?No
    Amplifier-S/T
  • A saucerful of secrets, PF and erm relaxing in the potting shed.

would that be with Bill & Ben or the Flower pot Men ? .. (:>)
  • Ghostpoet - X marks the spot.
  • The new Forefather album 'Curse of the Cwelled'.... oooh lordy its good
  • Sponsored links:

• Le Noise - Neil Young
  • The Beatles
  • Not really, Status Quo
  • Blow by Blow .. Jeff Beck .. Beck gets funky y'all
    Abbey Road .. Beatles
  • David Gray

yeah I know, a bit lame, I'm not even much of a fan but today I was explaining to a Ed Sheeran fan that though Gray was middle of the road and not that great he is still ten times better than Ed Sheeran. music is subjective. however in this case it's fact.
  • Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure
  • The Man Who Sold The World - Bowie
  • The trojan story boxed set. Happy birthday to me...
  • I like the song - nothing to do with Helena Christensen, honest - lol!
    http://youtu.be/WtfHk2hSlqA
  • The endless river, PF, and sorting the pond.
  • Sponsored links:

• Terry Reid at Ronnie Scotts tonight.
  • edited May 2015
    Peter Broderick - Home - after a great gig last night.
  • I'm sure you London based groovy hipsters have all been into them for years but I've only recently discovered Public Service Broadcasting and The Race For Space. Terrific stuff.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHIo6qwJarI#
  • Just been watching the excellent Italian series Gomorrah and this track just popped up. always have a soft spot for this kind of dance music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xscn35DSyeQ
  • Here Come The Tears
  • youssou-n' dour - best of
  • edited May 2015
    Been spending the day watching this wonderful tribute to the late Rory Gallagher...... Ghost Blues.
    If you ever saw Rory, you knew what a great guitarist he was, and an even better human being.
    He was generous to any fan, and shunned the popularity, and the rock and roll lifestyle.

If he was alive today, I am sure he would still be playing the blues, even if it was at the local pub/bar back in Ireland.

A friend of mine is playing in a concert in Chiselhurst, (Thursday 21st May Beaverwood) and essentially celebrating the man's music in a couple of weeks.
    That is before he goes to Ireland that holds the three day music festival at his home town in Ballyshannon, and play at several of the gigs there.
    Rory died on the 14th June 1995, and here we are 20 years later celebrating his music.

As it says on the website." With selections from all Rory’s albums and incarnations, Sinnerboy never fail to give 100% commitment. Set includes: Shadow Play, Big Guns, Bullfrog Blues, What's Goin On, Tatoo's Lady, Continental Op, Million Miles Away, Tatoo'd Lady, Walk On Hot Coals, Do You Read Me, Going To My Home Town".

...It is a hard act to follow in the footsteps of Rory, but Barry has a love for the man and the music, and at the end of the day the music is what is is all about.
    Nobody ever came out short changed from a Rory concert that is for sure...........

• Born To Die & Ultraviolence - Lana Del Rey
  • Been spending the day watching this wonderful tribute to the late Rory Gallagher...... Ghost Blues.
    If you ever saw Rory, you knew what a great guitarist he was, and an even better human being.
    He was generous to any fan, and shunned the popularity, and the rock and roll lifestyle.

If he was alive today, I am sure he would still be playing the blues, even if it was at the local pub/bar back in Ireland.

A friend of mine is playing in a concert in Chiselhurst, (Thursday 21st May Beaverwood) and essentially celebrating the man's music in a couple of weeks.
    That is before he goes to Ireland that holds the three day music festival at his home town in Ballyshannon, and play at several of the gigs there.
    Rory died on the 14th June 1995, and here we are 20 years later celebrating his music.

As it says on the website." With selections from all Rory’s albums and incarnations, Sinnerboy never fail to give 100% commitment. Set includes: Shadow Play, Big Guns, Bullfrog Blues, What's Goin On, Tatoo's Lady, Continental Op, Million Miles Away, Tatoo'd Lady, Walk On Hot Coals, Do You Read Me, Going To My Home Town".

...It is a hard act to follow in the footsteps of Rory, but Barry has a love for the man and the music, and at the end of the day the music is what is is all about.
    Nobody ever came out short changed from a Rory concert that is for sure...........

Rory Gallagher = Understated, Underrated Legend. Pleased his music is being kept alive.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!