Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• Otis Redding - Otis Blue
  • Otis Redding - Otis Blue

Quality!

• edited October 2013

Otis Redding - Otis Blue

Quality!

Love it! Great looking at this thread, as so many of you remind me of albums/tracks I haven't heard for a while, which I can then stick on :)
  • The Detroit cobras
  • Cat Stevens - Teaser & The Firecat
  • Badger Member
    October 22
    Cat Stevens - Teaser & The Firecat

Absolutely - top choice Badger.

This may sound odd for an old geezer but I'm quite enamoured by a recent 'LP' prepared by a US band named Foxygen.
    The album is called ' We are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace and Magic'. Pompous title I know but the album has a certain charm. Forgive me if I have missed earlier references to this band, I'm an occasional visitor to this thread.
    When playing the first impression seems to be that its a 'segway' of generic tunes and its easy to play spot the influence, with the Stones, Dylan , MC5, Bowie and Lou Reed very recognisable (as are modern derivatives such as MGMNT) Despite being hugely unoriginal the album retains a certain charm, but for me its certainly more interesting than a lot of the leading edge stuff being touted by the informed magazines.
    Confused at first but I am now very fond of the album.
    Perhaps a few of you old Geezers could give it a listen and offer me reassurance or perhaps we can argue about things?
    Groovy!!!
  • New Arcade Fire album is currently able to be streamed on youtube. Possibly my favourite album so far this year.
  • Badger said:

Brian Eno & David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts

had a listen to this .. it's pretty good stuff
  • Lou Reed - New York
  • Sponsored links:

• Josh Ritter - The animal years , after a great gig last night.
  • edited October 2013

Imagine - Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train a Comin'
    Season 24 Episode 1of 7
    New series. Alan Yentob begins another run of arts documentaries with this profile of the American guitarist who enjoyed just four years of mainstream exposure in the late 1960s but who lives on thanks to his influential music. Jimi Hendrix was a true original, a former private in the 101st Airbourne who famously found an audience when former Animals bass player Chas Chandler discovered him and brought him over to the UK. He revolutionised the music scene and pushed his musical gifts to their extremes to become arguably the greatest rock guitarist of all time. Bob Smeaton's film features never-before-seen performance footage, home movies and family letters, as well as contributions from the Hendrix family, Paul McCartney and former bandmates Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell
    Category Documentary

Read more at http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=13320760#5Y3XWXjCIu1ZLIPF.99

Expect big things of this, as it has unseen footage of Jimi at the Miami pop festival.......
    If you think you can play guitar, or like me think this guy was a genius it has to be worth watching.
    Endless guitarists have tried to emulate this style of playing, some have even come close.
    SRV, Clapton, Beck, and Page all regard this guy as someone who re-invented the guitar sound which he made his own.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM-XybdKsgw is a little taster.
  • As it's my birthday , I'm allowed to give Led Zeppelin a loud workout, mothership I think.
  • Tchaikovsky - violin concerto in D,op.35
  • Badger said:

Tchaikovsky - violin concerto in D,op.35

Following your example had a bit of a Tchaikovsky sesh:
    Serenade for Strings mvt 4 - A Far Cry (a conductor-less orchestra - how do they do that, btw?)
    Symphony 4 - Barenboim/Chicago Symphony Orch
    Symphony 5 - Mravitsky/Leningrad Symphony Orch
    Marche Slave - Bernstein/NY Symphony Orch

• Velvet Underground & Nico
  • The National - every album that I've got of theirs. but especially the album 'Alligator' - imo the best album they have done yet.
  • Gary Numans new album- Splinter (songs from a broken mind) it's a cracker

Off to see him on the 18th in Brighton

• Slim Whitman - Rose Marie
  • Sponsored links:

• Soilwork - The Living Infinite
    Vangelis - Bladerunner Soundtrack
    Crosses - EP 1
  • Wolf Alice - Blush.
  • fadgadget said:

Gary Numans new album- Splinter (songs from a broken mind) it's a cracker

Off to see him on the 18th in Brighton

Same here..should be a great gig. Love his new album!
  • Janis Ian - Night Rains.
  • The Beta Band - The Regal Years
  • The Flatliners.
  • Jeffrey Lewis Chelsea Hotel (oral sex song)
  • Waitain / Hell / Amon Amarth
  • edited November 2013
    Young Gliss - Charles Bradley
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!