Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colchester Away

12346»

Comments

• Options
    anyone drinking anywhere near the ground ?, also for those driving I found this on the football grounds guide..

Also, cars in the club car park are held back after the game to allow pedestrians to get away first, delaying your departure, whereas we got away easily. In addition there are a number of local businesses in the area also offering parking for around £5'. Andrew Goacher a visiting Leicester City fan informs me; 'As you are going through the business park to get to the ground there is a factory on the right hand side called the Lubina Kitchen Company. It costs £3 to park there and was really easy to get out of after the game. It is approximately a 10 minute walk away from the stadium.' Whilst Peter Bennett tells me; 'There seems to be no parking restrictions, north of the bridge over the A12.'
  • Options
    think im gonna check out the wetherspoons in colchester before KO, called the playhouse or something, apparently it used to be a theatre but was converted into a pub, so should be something a bit different. Wetherspoons = cheap beer and food, which is good enough for me! Just gotta try and find this bus to the ground which, with my sense of direction and after a few beers, may be a challenge...
  • Options
    Playhouse is ok actually

wouldn't worry too much about being held back post game - the capacity is only 10k and their average only around 6k so not as bad as getting away from the valley
  • Options
    any ideas if the Playhouse near the station (or a stop for the stadium bus)?
  • Options
    Only. Got very limited web access. Could someone cut and paste some road directions from elveden forest to the ground, if they have a spare two mins. Cheers
  • Options
    A11 towards Norwich
    A134 towards Bury St Edmonds
    A14 towards Ipswich

Leave A14 at jct 55, taking A12 towards Colchester.
    Leave A12 at jct 29 and at the roundabout take 3rd exit to join Newcomen Way (towards London).

Next roundabout take 3rd exit onto The Crescent.
    Next roundabout take 3rd exit onto Severalls (signed Boxted) - and you are virtually there.
  • Options
    AA says this I think...

A11 (Norwich)-> A134 (Bury St Edmunds) -> A14 (Ipswich) -> A134 (Sudbury) -> A131 (Sudbury) -> A134 (Ipswich)
  • Options
    OS says

If driving, take the A12 north, then leave the A12 at Junction 29, which is the intersection with the A1232 and A120. At the roundabout at the end of the slip road, take the exit signposted A12 London & Colchester Business Park. Then take the first left into Severalls Industrial Estate and then left again into the business park. At the next roundabout, turn right into the crescent and at the next one, turn right into Severalls Lane. At the following roundabout, turn left into Axial Way and then go straight on into United Way for the stadium.

Car parking at the stadium is priced £5 and can be purchased by calling Colchester in advance on 0845 437 9089. Limited disabled bays are also available.