Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester Away

Comments

• Night game, decent turnout. Hopefully will be a cracking atmosphere.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Night game, decent turnout. Hopefully will be a cracking atmosphere.

Nah will be full of Valley Golders collecting New Ground who will not sing, moan at anyone jumping up & down in their seat enjoying the game.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Night game, decent turnout. Hopefully will be a cracking atmosphere.

Nah will be full of Valley Golders collecting New Ground who will not sing, moan at anyone jumping up & down in their seat enjoying the game.

You're going then Ketters!
  • Colchester 1,291
    Leeds 641
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Colchester 1,291
    Leeds 641

beat Exeter and a result at Col U and I can see Leeds breaking the 1,000 barrier. Not bad imo considering it's £26 quid.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Night game, decent turnout. Hopefully will be a cracking atmosphere.[/quote]

Nah will be full of Valley Golders collecting New Ground who will not sing, moan at anyone jumping up & down in their seat enjoying the game.[/quote]

Bloody cheek, I'll be singing and shouting, so will the other two that Im going with!!
  • N3 for me, purchased this morning....looking forward to this one.
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Colchester 1,291
    Leeds 641

That not bad for Colchester on a Tuesday night, hopefully a win on Saturday will push that up further. Should be a good trip this one, really glad I am working in the city that day.
  • Newbie here - noticed from 'stalking' recent threads there's a couple of other Norfolk based Addicks up here - anyone heading down for this one and fancy a jar or two?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm coming in from Braintree and contemplating doing a few jars myself - Uncle is too I understand so hopefully we can make an afternoon of it (would be good to meet a few more lifers - we can show off our badges) Shame I can't join in with singing etc as I'm in a box for the night courtesy of my father

I'm also planning on being a bit cheeky and getting the Col U fans bus home!
  • I certainly am having a few jars but i'm from the other end of Essex. I'll be coming up from Brentwood
  • Got tickets now. Up from Liverpool St. with Medders and back to DA1 in the Gumbo Goat Truck.
  • Whats the latest Airman?

Will there be tickets left on Saturday?

Cheers
  • All proper Charlton are taking a half day for this and will be turning up steamboat.
    FACT.
  • This is true
  • Plymouth - 15th biggest city in the UK and has the biggest football club in the west of England on par with Bristol City.

Nearest clubs: Torquay 35 miles away and Exeter 50 miles then nothing until Bristol, 110 miles.
    Yeovil 95 miles away, doesn't count as nobody in Plymouth knows where Yeovil is.

Home Park = "The Theatre of Greens", lol ..... their own humour, not mine (!)

Turnout for their Tuesday night home match .... only around 8,500.
    Ground capacity, just under 20,000.

They can fill the ground easily enough though - if they're going well and got attractive opponents.
    Then the city is buzzing for days leading up to the match.

Another reason Argyle get good away crowds is they have ex-pats(!) ........ okay homesick Janners, in just about every town in the UK. They have a big London branch of their supporters club, the Northern branch - and, erm, the Midland Greens .......which sounds like a field of cabbages.

So many of these loyal supporters living "up the line", go to most away matches - but only go to Home Park for the special games.

Newcastle was a special game for them, the Green Army knew they were going to get beat, but it was a new ground, big club big game atmosphere, and party town. One off.

And always a treat for them to get the f*ck out of Plym-merff ......!!

;o)
  • I'm hoping there could be a few left for 'pay on the gate' as I don't know if work is going to stop me going yet.
  • edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Whats the latest Airman?

Cheers

Colchester 1,424 - I personally reckon this will sell out in advance
    Leeds 767

NB - the club is not selling away tickets or future home games from 2pm until kickoff on Saturday, therefore people will need to buy these tickets after the game if they can't get there earlier.
  • I'll be there with Don, Sue, Ralph the Taxi, Bob & Darren.
  • Sponsored links:

• All true Charlton have been warming up for an all day cuff today. GOSPEL.
  • Does anyone know if we can pick tickets up on the day?
  • So - who's getting monstered in the afternoon and where
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Whats the latest Airman?

Cheers

Colchester 1,424 - I personally reckon this will sell out in advance
    Leeds 767

NB - the club is not selling away tickets or future home games from 2pm until kickoff on Saturday, therefore people will need to buy these tickets after the game if they can't get there earlier.

what is the Club doing with reagrd to the 300 tickets that were 'family' tickets ? Holding them for 'family' only or selling to all and sundry?
  • edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]So - who's getting monstered in the afternoon and where

Indeed!!!! Liverpool St might be a good shout again? At Colchester The Norfolk Arms is supposed to be ok.
  • Airman, do you know if there is any possibility of the allocation being increased when this has sold out ?

Seems strange that Colchester get low crowds, have moved to a new stadium, and now give away fans a smaller allocation !
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] Seems strange that Colchester get low crowds, have moved to a new stadium, and now give away fans a smaller allocation !

Their ground before only held about 5-6k so i doubt they gave away fans more than the 1900 that we're getting next week.
  • bloke I work with who is a Colchester season ticket holder said they gave Leeds half of one of the stands on the side of the pitch as well, totalled about 3,500 tickets.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]bloke I work with who is a Colchester season ticket holder said they gave Leeds half of one of the stands on the side of the pitch as well, totalled about 3,500 tickets.

impressive but leeds is a lot nearer ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]bloke I work with who is a Colchester season ticket holder said they gave Leeds half of one of the stands on the side of the pitch as well, totalled about 3,500 tickets.

impressive but leeds is a lot nearer ;-)

I didn't say they sold them all.....