Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colchester Away

Comments

• Options
    I'm already up this way so looking for local beers

Uncle mentioned one by the A12 (The Balkerne Gate I believe) which is still quite a trek (couple of miles at a guess)from the ground. In fact I did a fly-by on the ground this morning and it's a little remote to say the least. If you are planning on drinking up this way then might prove easier to go to Colchester and jump in a cab out to the stadium
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]bloke I work with who is a Colchester season ticket holder said they gave Leeds half of one of the stands on the side of the pitch as well, totalled about 3,500 tickets.[/quote]

Was told they can give you up to 3100 but they have only done it once before like was said above!

Could we get more if we wanted?]
  • Options
    Colchester 1,523
    Leeds 838
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]bloke I work with who is a Colchester season ticket holder said they gave Leeds half of one of the stands on the side of the pitch as well, totalled about 3,500 tickets.

Was told they can give you up to 3100 but they have only done it once before like was said above!

Could we get more if we wanted?]

I'm sure we could if we wanted to but we haven't sold the 1900 yet so there's not much point really! I'll be happy with selling out the 1900 though, should be a good atmosphere.
  • Options
    Have we any update on where we are drinking. If not I think I will head down to the town and get a cab to the ground.
  • Options
    Colchester 1,599
    Leeds 912
  • Options
    Gonna try and pick up a ticket early tomorrow morning. Is it designated seating by the way?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]Have we any update on where we are drinking. If not I think I will head down to the town and get a cab to the ground.

no confirmed location yet. What time would you be aiming to get to Colchester?
  • Options
    E4 where i'm sitting
  • Options
    tried to get one from the ticket office yesterday afternoon and they had already sent them back to Colchester

insisted there would be some to buy on the night

better be as don't want to get out there and have to go in the home end
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I tried to get a ticket this morning only to find out they'd sent them back. Why the hell they were sent back I dont know, I think we'd have sold of those remaining had they been available. Ima try and ring up and see if i can pay or reserve a ticket on monday, dont wanna show up on the day to find out they've been sold.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WipeoutJunkie[/cite]Yeah I tried to get a ticket this morning only to find out they'd sent them back. Why the hell they were sent back I dont know, I think we'd have sold of those remaining had they been available. Ima try and ring up and see if i can pay or reserve a ticket on monday, dont wanna show up on the day to find out they've been sold.

You could always go in the home end.
  • Options
    purchased mine on thursday and they still haven't turned up AIRMAN any advice on what to do if they aint here tomorrow ?
  • Options
    Really wanna go still is it reserved seating or not anyone know if it is reserved seating i might not bother tbh
  • Options
    Yeah I could I suppose, im meeting up with a few guys and going back with them too so i'd much rather sit with them if possible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]purchased mine on thursday and they still haven't turned up AIRMAN any advice on what to do if they aint here tomorrow ?

If you ring CAFC once it's too late for you to pick them up at home, they should able to arrange for duplicates to be made available to you on the night at Colchester. However, I reckon they will probably turn up tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Gonna get up there between 3 and four, and head into town unless we decide where we are meeting
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]purchased mine on thursday and they still haven't turned up AIRMAN any advice on what to do if they aint here tomorrow ?[/quote]

If you ring CAFC once it's too late for you to pick them up at home, they should able to arrange for duplicates to be made available to you on the night at Colchester. However, I reckon they will probably turn up tomorrow.[/quote]

cheers
  • Options
    anyone else driving up there with any idea's of parking ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]anyone else driving up there with any idea's of parking ?

I'm driving up...(keep out of my way Leroy...ha ha private joke that!) and understand there are a number of car parks on industrial sites around the ground for about a fiver.
    Good luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    there's a number, somewhere in this thread at colchester to ring for a parking spot, £7 though with admin charges , might be a bit late now cos they posted out the parking permit
  • Options
    its a fiver to park at the ground but you have to book it in advance, you cannot pay on the day - 0845 4379089. the guy i spoke to there said do not park anywhere near the ground because there's parking restrictions everywhere and you will get towed. he actually said the best bet was to park at the station and get the free shuttle bus.
  • Options
    how far is the station from the ground ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: billy cotton[/cite]its a fiver to park at the ground but you have to book it in advance, you cannot pay on the day - 0845 4379089. the guy i spoke to there said do not park anywhere near the ground because there's parking restrictions everywhere and you will get towed. he actually said the best bet was to park at the station and get the free shuttle bus.

That may well be true regarding the 'official' Colchester FC car park...but I'm given to understand that there are a number of private parking sites on industrial estates etc nearby.
    Can't confirm this but that's what I understand..........this is normaly the case at all away grounds.
  • Options
    can't remember for sure what he said but i think it was 20 mins bus ride.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]how far is the station from the ground ?

Problem with parking at the station is that you'd no doubt have to pay anyway and possibly wait a fair while for the shuttle bus,particularly 'after' the game add to that the fact that it's taking you back into the town centre when you want to be getting away down the A12............don't like the sound of that one little bit!
    Good idea for a home fan maybe but not as a visitor.
    Incidently, I suspect the guy who told you to do that works for the club and that's their official line....he wont tell you about the private car parking near the ground as it's unofficial.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]how far is the station from the ground ?

Problem with parking at the station is that you'd no doubt have to pay anyway and possibly wait a fair while for the shuttle bus,particularly 'after' the game add to that the fact that it's taking you back into the town centre when you want to be getting away down the A12............don't like the sound of that one little bit!
    Good idea for a home fan maybe but not as a visitor.
    Incidently, I suspect the guy who told you to do that works for the club and that's their official line....he wont tell you about the private car parking near the ground as it's unofficial.

my thoughts exactly !, the whole idea of driving is to get straight back on the A12 and home in an hour !, not have a 20 min bus ride back to the bloody car.
  • Options
    No more than 15 minute bus ride from station to the ground.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]No more than 15 minute bus ride from station to the ground.

Where you drinking Trev!! Remember NOT 4.15 but 4
  • Options
    are people having Hamilton drinks before getting 6 or 620 train - or going early and visiting a local hostelry?