Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colchester Away

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]OohAah - are you going to either Colchester or Leeds?

going to colchester and have been to orient and norwich this season ...... whether i'm there or not our support is poor imo to not sellout norwich in our position isn't good enough
    the green farking army brought nearly 2k to newcastle on saturday having lost 5 on the spin ffs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Oohaah - why is taking over a thousand to Colchester a bad return ?
    This will be in the top 4-5 away turnouts that Colchester will get this year.

we should sell it out cos it is nearby and we're near the top of the league and we have 15k of home fans , everything but it's not on our saturday gives us a reason to sell it out unlike 20 other clubs that they will play in the league this season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]OohAah - are you going to either Colchester or Leeds?

going to colchester and have been to orient and norwich this season ...... whether i'm there or not our support is poor imo to not sellout norwich in our position isn't good enough
    the green farking army brought nearly 2k to newcastle on saturday having lost 5 on the spin ffs
    Only because Paul Whitehouse was driving.
  • Options

Some info on Plymouth from Wikipedia:

"Today the city is home to over 250,000 people, making it the 15th most populous city in England."

So considering they're a city with no other club remotely close to them, to take 2k away is hardly a big deal really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Leeds has only gone on general sale today.

Leeds tickets are still only available to valley gold members and Season ticket holders with away history according to the hotline?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

"Today the city is home to over 250,000 people, making it the 15th most populous city in England."

So considering they're a city with no other club remotely close to them, to take 2k away is hardly a big deal really.

you have to be kidding me ....
    i mean a 4am start 800 miles or whatever it is ..your team has lost 5 on the spin you average 12k out of the 250k in your city (that's the fans who go and watch each week in a non sell out ground)
    they are all great reasons to NOT go ffs and they bring nigh on 2k and we get a hard on when we sellout palace and orient ffs

i know you are joking chris, otherwise the white coated people i have restraining me here will be winging their way to you very quickly ;-)
  • Options
    But when did they last play newcastle?
    This is probably their big away game for the season.
    Didnt bring 2000 to the valley.
  • Options

i mean a 4am start 800 miles or whatever it is ..your team has lost 5 on the spin you average 12k out of the 250k in your city (that's the fans who go and watch each week in a non sell out ground)
    they are all great reasons to NOT go ffs and they bring nigh on 2k and we get a hard on when we sellout palace and orient ffs

i know you are joking chris, otherwise the white coated people i have restraining me here will be winging their way to you very quickly ;-)

There support is getting headline news at the moment though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]
    Didnt bring 2000 to the valley.

nope they brought 1072 more than double the 521 we took to them last season .....
  • Options
    What is the obsession?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]What is the obsession?

away suppport and alan curbishley
  • Options

Yes it's a long journey but as Mr One Lung said it's probably their biggest away game of the season. It's a new ground, one they won't have been to for a long time and are unlikely to be going to again in the near future, plus a lot of people will have made a weekend of it. I bet there were people in the Plymouth section who don't normally go to their home games. When we played up there in the past, we had Spurs, Arsenal and even Millwall fans coming along in our group for the weekend away.
    What i will say is that i was impressed with their support at the Valley a couple of years back when they filled the lower section of the away end on a tuesday night.
    But anyway back on topic, we've sold 1100 for Colchester and we've still got a week til the game which includes a home game on saturday when a few more (myself included) will be getting tickets. I'm still confident we'll sell it out.
  • Options
    Colchester will sell out. Am sure there's plenty like myself who are planning to go but haven't got tickets.

Looks like there will be 1000 up at Leeds which is a decent turnout too considering the cost of tickets and the fact it's still not a place for the faint-hearted.

Judging from the threads about Saturday seems we had a good turnout there - not many empty seats in the pics I've seen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]

Leeds tickets are still only available to valley gold members and Season ticket holders with away history according to the hotline?

Leeds is on general sale, whatever the hotline says . . .

I'll let those responsible know if it's still wrong tonight.
  • Options
    Managed to bag a carparking space at the ground too for me, Buckshee and the Inspector too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]

Leeds is on general sale, whatever the hotline says . . .

I'll let those responsible know if it's still wrong tonight.

Cheers Airman
  • Options
    gonna get my Colchester ticket tomorrow I think, looking forward to this one
  • Options
    Col U = Half days all round, light ales, last train back to London, late night booze option, day off the next day. Sorted.
  • Options
    gonna take a half day, just wondering where you will all be drinking
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]gonna take a half day, just wondering where you will all be drinking

There is a big pub pub off the roundabout from the A12 not sure of the name of it but will find out, that might be a good place to go cos it aint far from the ground
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds good Uncle, will try to find parking near there, cos I'm gonna be driving up. Once I've got my tickets of course.
  • Options
    Ticket got.
  • Options
    3 tickets purchased.

Father-in-law has a disabled parking badge, anyone know if there is anywhere near the ground where it can be used?.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]3 tickets purchased.

Father-in-law has a disabled parking badge, anyone know if there is anywhere near the ground where it can be used?.

ring Col U on 0845 437 9089 and book a car parking place in the Car Park at the ground, £5 plus £2 booking fee but at leat you are at the ground and guaranteed a place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

ring Col U on 0845 437 9089 and book a car parking place in the Car Park at the ground, £5 plus £2 booking fee but at leat you are at the ground and guaranteed a place.

Just booked it. Thanks for the info.

Also just had a look at the ground plan. Our seats are in N3, right behind the goal. How long have tickets been on sale for? I'd have thought the better view would be sold first?. Given that we have sold 700-800 I assume they have been sold in block order i.e N1, N2, N3 it seems harsh to put those buying early in the corner. Does the club have to sell them in a specific order?.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

Just booked it. Thanks for the info.

Also just had a look at the ground plan. Our seats are in N3, right behind the goal. How long have tickets been on sale for? I'd have thought the better view would be sold first?. Given that we have sold 700-800 I assume they have been sold in block order i.e N1, N2, N3 it seems harsh to put those buying early in the corner. Does the club have to sell them in a specific order?.

the Club are instructed by the Home club which tickets to sell first so it's no surprise that they started at N1. Normally this is so if we don't sell out a couple of blocks may be left for the home Club to then sell to home fans. I'm in N2 I think.
  • Options
    Should be fairly central then.

Clem we've sold around 1200 i think
  • Options
    For anyone wondering where they are sitting.

http://www.cu-fc.com/javaImages/36/ba/0,,10424~5880374,00.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
  • Options
    got my ticket early, in N1 as a result. Should of waited a bit longer i think!!