Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich Away

Comments

• Options
    Going to drink in the Complete Angler, supposed to be a good pre match boozer.
  • Options
    we've got our charlton back.
  • Options
    Top of the League, Unbeaten, best start in our history, yet we only sell 1,500?

I'll remember this when you all want tickets for Wembley eh. . .
  • Options
    Im sure the OS said there would be tickets available for sale on the day....No idea where we will be heading....meeting Maglor and Bing....
  • Options
    Was going to go to this but decided on Colchester instead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Top of the League, Unbeaten, best start in our history, yet we only sell 1,500?

I'll remember this when you all want tickets for Wembley eh. . .

what do people want? maybe the problem is that it's on a school night,close to christmas and is impossible to get to.also not many charlton fans live there either.
  • Options
    Im starting Uni this saturday so that will probably be a problem for a lot of people. :P
  • Options
    Do they teach LOYALTY at this supposed 'Uni'?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Do they teach LOYALTY at this supposed 'Uni'?[/quote] Bit harsh, maybe some having got the finances to go to away games, take into consideration travel, tickets, something to eat, you be looking at a £60 plus day, maybe a student cant budget for this, as well as may have other priorites in life,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Do they teach LOYALTY at this supposed 'Uni'?
    Bit harsh, maybe some having got the finances to go to away games, take into consideration travel, tickets, something to eat, you be looking at a £60 plus day, maybe a student cant budget for this, as well as may have other priorites in life,

i think falconwood is comparing us to every other football club in the country/ world who wouldn't have a problem in our situation selling out in 5 minutes ....
    i was about to say surely our fans can't be so so so much different to other teams fans in their age, lifestyle, priorities etc or are we just really odd/different to other clubs .....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes we are 'special' fans :-)
  • Options
    agree ketters !
  • Options
    We wouldn't have taken any more if it was a Prem game so not bad IMO for 3rd division
  • Options
    Let it go ooh ahh, I would rather we had better support at home anyway, shows our fans are more local rather than from a population of an area no one wants to live in and gets away from as fast as they can but still support their team when they are in their new area. Plus the club benefits from home fans, not those who travel to away games.
  • Options
    Let it go ooh ahh, I would rather we had better support at home anyway, shows our fans are more local rather than from a population of an area no one wants to live in and gets away from as fast as they can but still support their team when they are in their new area. Plus the club benefits from home fans, not those who travel to away games.
  • Options
    Stand firm oohaah.

And thanks for speaking for me.

I may not be able to on Saturday.

:o))))))))))
  • Options
    We still have 2 train tickets to Norwich which we would happily give to a good home for Saturday. We decided to drive after we bought the tickets. if anyone wants them let me know
  • Options
    i agree with you dowman that home support is much more important than away support ...
    but our away support ..................................
  • Options
    Do we no if they will be selling em at the ground? I quite fancy it but don't know if I'll be able to go until Saturday morning...
  • Options
    1500 to Norwich is probably in the top 5 away followings they will have there this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which pubs are people going to?
  • Options
    Bolton apparently had no more than 200 at Portsmouth on Saturday

There's some sides with far worse away support than us in far higher echelons of the league structure...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]1500 to Norwich is probably in the top 5 away followings they will have there this season.[/quote]

Not fussed about other clubs, I just thought we'd have taken more what being top of the league etc

If Norwich were in our position and had only half filled the away end, we'd all think that was poor?
  • Options
    Comparing away support from Norwich and Saints with us is pointless. They are Cities.
  • Options
    Probably be in the Compleat Angler from about 12.30.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Do we no if they will be selling em at the ground? I quite fancy it but don't know if I'll be able to go until Saturday morning...

According to the OS, yes they will be available on the day
  • Options
    In refrence to mike I start uni in sheffield on Saturday but charlton comes first!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Do they teach LOYALTY at this supposed 'Uni'?[/quote]Bit harsh, maybe some having got the finances to go to away games, take into consideration travel, tickets, something to eat, you be looking at a £60 plus day, maybe a student cant budget for this, as well as may have other priorites in life,[/quote]

i think falconwood is comparing us to every other football club in the country/ world who wouldn't have a problem in our situation selling out in 5 minutes ....
    i was about to say surely our fans can't be so so so much different to other teams fans in their age, lifestyle, priorities etc or are we just really odd/different to other clubs .....[/quote]

A think there are a few factors for the reason of our poor away followings:

A lost generation of fans whilst we were at Selhurst, those fans who elected to go and support other teams during this period would have gone to West Ham,Arsenal, and dare i say it Millwall, these fans if we had stayed at the Valley would have see First Division football under Lennie Lawrence, and teenagers at that time would now be within their mid to late thirites now, in which they would be bringing their children today.

Alot of northern clubs also have economic migrants, and will go to games within the Southern part of England rather than going up to home games up north.

Charlton as a club has a huge fan base in Kent, as this was there main focus in the target 10,000 and 20,000. It would be intersting to find out how many people travel to away games from these areas,and from all of the pick up points of the Valley Express how many of those pick ups are used for away travel pick ups.

Unfortunatly certain clubs attract certain fans, and we as a club will be seen as a friendly club,in which provides a safe enviroment for home games, with this in mind our home gates will contintue to stay as they are, however we will never have big followings, as we are not a close community, and compared to some clubs their is little history in terms of achieving trophies that may generatate support from outside areas. An example of this is Tottenham, Forest,Leeds,amd Ipswich who had good times in the 70's and 80's both in domestic and european compotitions therefore this raises there profile and increases the fanbase nationawide as well as locally
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]In refrence to mike I start uni in sheffield on Saturday but charlton comes first!
    Does that mean you're starting uni next week? ;-)

You'll enjoy Sheffield, it's a great uni city.
  • Options
    J BLOCK - Proper Charlton

Put him in your book oohaah.