Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich Away

Comments

• Options
    DA9, I remember it mate, we used to go there quite a bit, wasn't it the LEB sports ground. Our mate who moved to sunderland used to work for the LEB. Was that when you were playing for the Albert?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]DA9, I remember it mate, we used to go there quite a bit, wasn't it the LEB sports ground. Our mate who moved to sunderland used to work for the LEB. Was that when you were playing for the Albert?

No fella, GEC Elliots sports ground, top of Manor Way (off Lee Road that leads to Blackheath Village from Lee Green) and backed onto the Ferrier.
  • Options
    From @CAFCofficial twitter feed: 1,090 of initial 1,300-allocation for Norwich away sold by yesterday evening: more places on way from Carrow Road
  • Options
    1,224 sold - plenty still available
  • Options
    Ah, know where you mean now DA9 and I obviously remember it very well, as well as I remember any of the 80s really.
  • Options
    the time is near ppl, im very excited!! leaving my cuz's in dartford around 10ish soo should be there plenty of time :-)

Any pubs ppl meeting in before, could be up for a bevvy before the game!
  • Options
    I'll be in Norwich at 11:40 :(

Dont do the pubs, go to Morrisons and get drink, will be cheaper :)
  • Options
    Will be in norwich just after 11 looking forward to a good day drinking and a charlton win!
  • Options
    Sorry guys I'm off too broadstairs for a beano
  • Options
    Off to this one, can't wait. Looking forward to a delia pie and some local cider
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The massive weatherspoons in the riverside complex thing near the ground is where i will be heading
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]The massive weatherspoons in the riverside complex thing near the ground is where i will be heading

I'm thinking of getting some grub from there, but it said on a website they dont let away fans in, so I actually have no idea, theres another one around somewhere I know that.
  • Options
    Wont be wearing any colours so will prob be in there anyway. When we played them a few reasons ago the bouncers were making the charlton fans put the shirts on inside out, didn't really see what that achieved but hey ho. There is the mustard pot down the road which if i remember welcomes away fans
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]When we played them a few reasons ago

When was that? ;'))

Not sure if i'll be able to get ticks for this, can go down to The Valley on thurs but if we've only got 1800 and 1500 or so are sold, chances are they'll all be gone?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]When we played them a few reasons ago[/quote]

When was that? ;'))

Not sure if i'll be able to get ticks for this, can go down to The Valley on thurs but if we've only got 1800 and 1500 or so are sold, chances are they'll all be gone?[/quote]

Give them a ring tickets usually arrive within a day or two.
  • Options
    I recall yesterday's email bulletin mentioning that the club will no longer post tickets because of the Royal Mail strike. I think it said some might be available on the day, but no guarantees. Just call 'em up before heading down The Valley.
  • Options
    I am surprised how few tickets we have sold for this.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I am surprised how few tickets we have sold for this.

The last figure was five days ago. We must have sold more since then.
  • Options
    I posted this on another thread, for those of you who are driving up.

There are several park and ride car parks around the perimeter of Norwich so be careful you remember the one you went to.

I park at Norfolk County Hall premises. If you are coming up via the A12/A4/A140, you will eventually hit the Norwich Bypass A47. Take the bypass in the direction of Great Yarmouth, go to the next junction A146. Turn left towards Norwich. You will cross the river and then come to a set of traffic lights. Turn right (there is a Q8 petrol station on your right). A few hundred yards further you come to a roundabout. The first exit left is County Hall (it's a huge building that sits up on a hill) you should see "football parking" or something like that. It costs £4. Walking from the car park, you turn left and walk up the hill to the first set of traffic lights. Turn right, down the hill, the road bends to the right and over the river. The ground is down the road a few hundred yards. It's about a 10 minute walk from the car park.

Map

If you are coming up the A11, when you get to the A47, take the A47 towards Great Yarmouth. You then pass the junction for A140 as per above, follow the A47 to the A146 and then follow the directions as above.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I am surprised how few tickets we have sold for this.

Eh?

We were only given 1800, of which we've sold about 1500+
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]

Eh?

We were only given 1800, of which we've sold about 1500+

Or are you being sarcastic?

he must be being sarcastic , i mean we're only top of the league and we might sell a few hundred less than high flying southampton brought to us ;-)
  • Options
    We actually had 2,200 I think, but sent 500 back.
  • Options
    come of it plaaayer you're winding me up ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]We actually had 2,200 I think, but sent 500 back.

Oh right, didn't see that.
  • Options
    Well I don't think 1500 or so is too bad.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited September 2009
    It will be 1800 come the day.

Which would mean we have sold out our allocation for the day.

Another sold out away day for your list Oohahh ;-)
  • Options
    well if we keep reducing our allocations , i'm sure we'll sell out a lot more JT !!
    well providing we are top of the league and win every away game ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Wont be wearing any colours so will prob be in there anyway. When we played them a few reasons ago the bouncers were making the charlton fans put the shirts on inside out, didn't really see what that achieved but hey ho. There is the mustard pot down the road which if i remember welcomes away fans

For a laugh and to humiliate?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]come of it plaaayer you're winding me up ;-)

Thought you might enjoy that! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]well if we keep reducing our allocations , i'm sure we'll sell out a lot more JT !!
    well providing we are top of the league and win every away game ;-)

I'm not looking forward to the numbers at Leeds.

We will be ridiculed throughout.