Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jermaine Defoe

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Another great finish this weekend from a great finisher. With Welbeck out he could still make the €uros.
  • Options
    Anyone want to slag Defoe off today?
  • Options
    Still a judas. Only way he could ever be forgiven is scoring in a winning World Cup final
  • Options
    Great finisher. His goal yesterday looked straightforward but it was beautifully angled away from the goalkeeper.

• Options
    Roy should have considered him, glad to see Southgate does.
  • Options
    It was mentioned that yesterday that Defoe shouldnt be considered because of his age (i.e. Will be too old for the World Cup) and that a Youth player should have been given his place for experience yesterday.

Just a reminder;
    Defoe will be 35 come the World Cup and will be the same age as Miroslav Klose when he won the World Cup with Germany in 2014
  • Options
    class finisher and his movement is superb

don't think that has ever been questioned
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rina said:

It was mentioned that yesterday that Defoe shouldnt be considered because of his age (i.e. Will be too old for the World Cup) and that a Youth player should have been given his place for experience yesterday.

Just a reminder;
    Defoe will be 35 come the World Cup and will be the same age as Miroslav Klose when he won the World Cup with Germany in 2014

quite apart from the fact that he's not too old that opinion is utter nonsense anyway.
    Agreed - Age shouldnt be a factor anyway... Nor should pace.

As @ElthamAddick says above, Defoe is great at finishing and is one of these players that just knows where the ball will go (i.e. just look at his first attempt yesterday how he just drifts in front of the Defender to create his opportunity)
  • Options
    still one of the best English strikers over the last decade+ .. wonder where he'll be next season after the Mackem's relegation ?
  • Options

still one of the best English strikers over the last decade+ .. wonder where he'll be next season after the Mackem's relegation ?

Palace
  • Options

Back to West Ham maybe?
  • Options

Back to West Ham maybe?
    What, where he made his way through the ranks of the world famous youth academy?
  • Options

masicat said:

yeah alright. he's a knobhead...
    What great support he's giving to a terminally ill five year old though. What a knobhead!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great player and still definitely capable of playing at international level.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Nothing to do with his performance on the pitch but has gone up massively in my estimation for the way he's given time and affection to young Bradley

Absolutely wonderful pictures. For this alone, I forgive him.
    i ll second that
  • Options
    Proved himself to be a top bloke. Always been a top player. I forgive him. Although thinking about it now I wonder why I ever really had anything against him ! It's not like we'd hate kasey palmer now is it.
  • Options

Playing alongside Yann at the Valley as our new owners make a statement of intent :smile:
  • Options
    Killer, I'd lay off those tablets if I was you.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I'd still give him a little 'boo' down at The Valley for pure pantomime's sake... but really he seems like a decent enough bloke in interviews and anything I've seen.

Can't say it based on any actual info, but he seems to me like one of those players that's done a lot of growing up over his career.
  • Options
    was glad to see him score yesterday was good to see little bradley walking out.
  • Options

masicat said:

And your not?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Riviera said:

Another great finish this weekend from a great finisher. With Welbeck out he could still make the €uros.

Knowing past form we'll qualify, then he'll find a grandparent from Munich and switch to the Germans for the finals.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

masicat said:

What great support he's giving to a terminally ill five year old though. What a knobhead!!!!
    to be fair i'd not been following that. didn't watch the game yesterday.
    masicat said:

masicat said:

And your not?
    And nah if I was a knobhead I'd say "you're"