Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jermaine Defoe

Comments

• Options
    Wasn't it just an off-hand comment by Simon Jordan on Talksport about Defore coming here? Is there actually anything real to back this up?
  • Options
    Although I would say if it's low wages and he's coaching too, might help the likes of Burstow.
  • Options
    We don't need him, Chucks is coming back.
  • Options
    Defoe in as a coach would be good. Love him or hate him but no denying what a class striker he was and if can get that over in coaching then get him in.

Euell to be full time assistant after that. 
  • Options
    He was 16 years old when he left us.

He's a passionate successful goalscorer and would give our young lads a lift by coaching them. They would listen to his every word.

I highly doubt he would come here to start a coaching career, but I'd definitely have him back.

• Options
    The only reason I could see Defoe coming back is as a coach.  A striking coach.  Remember the Cat 1 acedemy status requires us to have more coaches so if he's done his badges I can think of worse players to work with someone like Burstow and Kanu
  • Options
    Wouldn't want that judus prick back, even in a coaching role
  • Options
    Defoe coaching an as yet  not signed a contract Kanu, Leaburn, Reilly,Lapado etc sounds like the worst idea I have ever heard!
  • Options
    Defoe coaching an as yet  not signed a contract Kanu, Leaburn, Reilly,Lapado etc sounds like the worst idea I have ever heard!
    He'll make them better players.....albeit for someone else to benefit from
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    I can't see him being anything more than an impact sub as a player. Would he still have an impact next season? Aneke and Defoe would be an interesting bench as attacking subs. 

Personally I can't see it although I don't think TalkSport would have Tweeted about it if they hadn't heard something. I suspect it might be discussed. Afterall the TS journalist who wrote the piece is a Charlton supporter.
  • Options
    I thought he was 74 at least
  • Options
    I'd have him back like a shot. Would fancy him to score a hatful in this league, despite his age. Plus our current strikers could learn a lot from him.
  • Options
    I'd have him back like a shot. Would fancy him to score a hatful in this league, despite his age. Plus our current strikers could learn a lot from him.
    He’s 40 in October 😬
  • Options
    Not for me too old, plus he turned his back on us...
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

People come and go and he's had a great career.
    Loyalty and everything is out the door now. 
    Our pride has been minimised a bit recently. We needed the likes of Simon Jordan to stand up for us! As an example.

We are desperate to get out of a mind numbing boring league.

Defoe left us over 20 years ago! He was 16 years old. Can forgive and forget that one easily enough...
    Dead right,with what West Ham were reputed to be paying his parents,he had no choice,and did what he was told.
  • Options
    Nearly 40 and left Rangers because he didn’t like the lack of game time in his player/coach role.
    No thanks. 
  • Options
    Way too old for us, he should go and play for a league 2 side or someone with loads of cash swilling about like Wrexham
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Never thought we would be getting in a player who is older then me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't stand the greedy b"@£ard but all would be forgiven if he admitted he was wrong and came and played for us for free for 7 weeks...
    Might have been said 8 years ago, but for me the same sentiment applies. 
  • Options
    There are very few players I dislike more than  lyle Taylor, and he is one of them. No way should he be anywhere near our club as a player or a coach
  • Options
    I don’t hate him because he left at 16, but I can’t stand him for the smug and disrespectful way he celebrated in front of our fans every time he came back and scored against us. You don’t do that if you have any decency or respect for the club who nurtured and developed you.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I don’t hate him because he left at 16, but I can’t stand him for the smug and disrespectful way he celebrated in front of our fans every time he came back and scored against us. You don’t do that if you have any decency or respect for the club who nurtured and developed you.
    Probably because we were singing wanker Jermaine Defoe.
    Before he ever scored? I suppose it’s a bit chicken and egg. The lottery thing is another reason people have.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Dave2l said:

People come and go and he's had a great career.
    Loyalty and everything is out the door now. 
    Our pride has been minimised a bit recently. We needed the likes of Simon Jordan to stand up for us! As an example.

We are desperate to get out of a mind numbing boring league.

Defoe left us over 20 years ago! He was 16 years old. Can forgive and forget that one easily enough...
    Dead right,with what West Ham were reputed to be paying his parents,he had no choice,and did what he was told.
    I have not heard that money actually passed hands to his mother…….that might have been a risky thing to do.
    However, one thing that did happen is that her house was redecorated from top to bottom.
    Make of that what you will. 🤫