Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Semedo

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
Really glad to see he is both fit and playing well.

I took some flak in the summer when I suggested he was very important (poor mans Makelele I think I said) but I really like this lad and think that - provided he does the simple thing and breaks play up and keeps his passing short and accurate he will be immense this season. His utility-man role will be handy as long as he stays fit too

long way to go but he's made a competent start so it seems - good work soldier

Comments

• Totally agree but also add to that hope he doesn't rack up too many yellow cards.
  • Agree. Vital he stays fit. In this league I think he could be even more important than Jon Jo.
  • He's strong a great worker and seems to have a great attitude.
  • Always liked him just needs to keep a cool head at times
  • We really need him in the middle, I know we have fans that want Bailey in the middle without dropping Racon or Shelvey, but in this league especially Semedo is good at the job he does. Towards the end of last season not only was he injured but we also had Zheng who had to play, now there is a gap for Semedo and the midfield has a much better balance.

I did think he could do a solid job at right back, but I think Richardson looks a good signing and is doing things Semedo wouldn't - like his run and pass to set up Bailey against Wycombe.

Everyone mentions Bailey, Racon and Shelvey as the midfielders to keep, but I also think it's important we keep Semedo and Sam. Both offer things no one else in the squad really does, at least no at the same level.

He's had two years of experience in England and English football now, played in a few positions, probably done him a lot of good, and now hopefully he'll really step up and become a reliable player for us. He's definitely capable of doing that in this league.
  • edited August 2009
    Totally agree Scho'! & of course, Swisdom.

Liked him from the off when he joined us. Never spectacular, but always solid! (though occasionally a bit hotheaded - though I put that down to youth & passion)

He definitely settled the quickest out of Pardews imports.

No coincidence to me that our form rapidly dipped, when Pardew started picking Holland over him in 07/08. (I've probably just asked for a whipping by mentioning Holland in a negative light. ;-) )

Very happy he is back, hungry & solid. A must for us in this division! He is ambitious, so that can only mean he is going to do his very best for us.(I'd hope!)

Top marks to the lad so far! Keep up the good work Jose!
  • I think he is a very good player, plus with no decent LB's, that could also be an alternative position for him with Bailey coming into the middle if we got another wide man.
  • I've been critical of him in the past, but he's been very solid so far this season. Let's hope he gets his first goal for us tonight!
  • we've found his level
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]I've been critical of him in the past, but he's been very solid so far this season. Let's hope he gets his first goal for us tonight!

unless he shoots from the halfway line I doubt he will.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we've found his level

a tad harsh in my opinion, I like him - just needs to stay injury and suspension free if possible !.

I don't think he's done much wrong in all his time with us.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]I've been critical of him in the past, but he's been very solid so far this season. Let's hope he gets his first goal for us tonight!

unless he shoots from the halfway line I doubt he will.

Have faith Large, I'm expecting a 45 yard overhead kick.
  • Mom today by far for me. My first game today and he looks a stone lighter and got about the park v well.
  • The proverbial hod carrier for the team, similar to players like Keith Jones
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]The proverbial hod carrier for the team, similar to players like Keith Jones

And what a job he did for us! Jose should be proud of the (deserved) comparison.
  • love him and his attitude.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]love him and his attitude.

Agree 100%. He's been nothing short of superb so far this season. I've always liked him, but this year he's lost a bit of weight and is really getting about the pitch.

Long may it continue.
  • player of the season so far for me...he's been awesome
  • Wonderful game today. Really 1st class.
  • He is be the best player in this division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep agree with all that, he really is doing the work to let the others flourish, looked good on the ball too.
  • We need to decide a nickname for him - "The Tank" or just "Horse"

he's like a fucking machine and works so hard - I think Horse suits him. I love how opponents just bounce off him

not seen a better player in this division yet - in facthis current performances are on a par with Scotty P in my opinion
  • I think "Scotty" would be a good nickname as in engine room n all that
  • Scotty Semedo ........love it ! ha ha

He's from Portugal, and he hates Millwall, ......
  • Works so well with Racon, and actually pretty comfortable on the ball for a player seen as nothing more than a ball winner by some. Since Parker left we've struggled with central midfielders and finding a partnership, but we have a pretty decent Championship one here playing in League One.
  • Racomedo ........ Racon and Semedo working in tandem. They so compliment each other.
  • Samedo would be the perfect player.
  • Yeah Semedo was my MOM, thought he was excellent.
  • Just thought I'd bump this in light of AFKA's statbank.

I hope he gets player of the year because in a season of inconsistency all around the team he, for me, has been pretty solid for much of it.

Saw him chatting to some fans before the Carlisle game too and he seemed a genuinely nice bloke who had time for the fans. Really hope we can keep hold of him in the summer regardless of the division we are in
  • Good post. All in all a good player i feel. Hopefully keep hold of him for a long time. COYR