Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace in Financial Trouble

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Rumour is that Warnock will go to Doncaster if O'Driscoll leaves for Burnley. At least they'll get some compensation for him, but he's doing an incredible job at Palace at the moment and if they sell all their half decent players and lose Warnock then I think it'll be the start of their demise!

To be honest I think the demise has started, I had a look at a palace forum yesterday and the Nigels are restless, not at all happy about Fonte going to Southampton plus Danns and Moses leaving looks nailed on.

I think you're right. This could be a very interesting situation if they can't afford to pay compensation for a manager already at another club

You mean just like we couldn't, hence lumbering us with a manager who won none of his matches as caretaker manager?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Rumour is that Warnock will go to Doncaster if O'Driscoll leaves for Burnley. At least they'll get some compensation for him, but he's doing an incredible job at Palace at the moment and if they sell all their half decent players and lose Warnock then I think it'll be the start of their demise!

To be honest I think the demise has started, I had a look at a palace forum yesterday and the Nigels are restless, not at all happy about Fonte going to Southampton plus Danns and Moses leaving looks nailed on.

I think you're right. This could be a very interesting situation if they can't afford to pay compensation for a manager already at another club

You mean just like we couldn't, hence lumbering us with a manager who won none of his matches as caretaker manager?

...with Pardew's squad. Doing aright now ain't he. I don't recall Curb's getting us promoted in his first season?
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I think you're right. This could be a very interesting situation if they can't afford to pay compensation for a manager already at another club as well and have to limit themselves to those out of employment. I genuinely thought they would be relegated this season but they've probably got enough points to be safe now. Next season, they'll be lucky not to finish bottom of the Championship at this rate. You never know, it could be us who sends them down!
    Palace aren't safe just yet, by the end of the month we should have a good idea of where they're going.
  • Options
    We could have a good idea of where we're going by the end of the month too!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]We could have a good idea of where we're going by the end of the month too!
    Indeed, January could determine how the league goes.
  • Options
    Interesting to see David Sullivan's thoughts on the state of football club finances (BBC footie page). Most of it stating the obvious but based on the 'books' of clubs he has been looking at as possible purchases. Specifically mentions how difficult it is going to be for (Championship) clubs who need to sell players to pay off debts as there is so little money around. I wonder who he could mean :-)
  • Options

I think you're right. This could be a very interesting situation if they can't afford to pay compensation for a manager already at another club as well and have to limit themselves to those out of employment. I genuinely thought they would be relegated this season but they've probably got enough points to be safe now. Next season, they'll be lucky not to finish bottom of the Championship at this rate. You never know, it could be us who sends them down!

If we can survive this season, and stay in the Chamionship, then realistically no one would be able to predict our position next season.

For Palace to survive, it's no secret that we need new owners, and that will dictate how we do next season, if we are lucky and get in new owners willing to invest heavily, then who knows.

However, regarding the Warnock rumours, I'd be shocked if he were to go to Doncastor, although perhaps the lure of being paid, may make it attractive.
  • Options
    Uncle Ron is on his way to rescue you Budgie...you know it in your heart.
  • Options
    Anyone know if the Palace players have been paid yet?

I believe I read on here and in the press that if they hadn't been paid after 14 days (thursday) then he players contract become void and they can leave for nothing........is this true ?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    will be paid from the proceeds of the Fonte sale to Southampton by the Football League apparently. Outstanding transfer fees to Bristol City & Benfica + monies owed to former players will also be paid by the FL before anything left goes to CPFC to pay Aglio & HMRC - think they'll need a little bit more before they can satisfy the tax debts on 27th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh dear......

"Cash-strapped Crystal Palace will have Victor Moses, their most valuable asset, back in the Championship shop window at Plymouth on Saturday, with the firm expectation that he will be sold this month. But speculation about the exact age of the exciting striker, who is registered as a 19-year-old, might hamper Palace’s hopes of realising their £5million valuation.

Moses has a British passport, having lived in the UK since he was 11. But the tragic circumstance in which he arrived in this country from war-torn Nigeria as a traumatised orphan, having seen both his parents shot dead in a sectarian killing spree in Kaduna, means there is little documentation of his early years.
    Palace manager Neil Warnock blames himself for the escalating talk that estimates Moses’s age between 19 and 23. Warnock said: ‘I’m always joking with him that he looks a lot older than 19 — but that’s the age on his passport.’

Moses’s agent Tony Finnigan, who accompanied the player when he returned to Nigeria last summer, said: ‘His age is his age and if it’s questioned, then you have to question the age of many other foreign footballers playing here.’"
  • Options
    If he is 23, that could mean he's the finished article and may be he is not the Pele Colin thinks he is.
    Also if it is true about his parents he really has done well to overcome his past and I do wish him a speedy and cheap move from palarse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Oh dear......

"Cash-strapped Crystal Palace will have Victor Moses, their most valuable asset, back in the Championship shop window at Plymouth on Saturday, with the firm expectation that he will be sold this month. But speculation about the exact age of the exciting striker, who is registered as a 19-year-old, might hamper Palace’s hopes of realising their £5million valuation.

Moses has a British passport, having lived in the UK since he was 11. But the tragic circumstance in which he arrived in this country from war-torn Nigeria as a traumatised orphan, having seen both his parents shot dead in a sectarian killing spree in Kaduna, means there is little documentation of his early years.
    Palace manager Neil Warnock blames himself for the escalating talk that estimates Moses’s age between 19 and 23. Warnock said: ‘I’m always joking with him that he looks a lot older than 19 — but that’s the age on his passport.’

Moses’s agent Tony Finnigan, who accompanied the player when he returned to Nigeria last summer, said: ‘His age is his age and if it’s questioned, then you have to question the age of many other foreign footballers playing here.’"

Something similar about players ages was discussed on here a while ago. Loads of African players lie, which is probably the main reason why the likes of Ghana and Nigeria do well at youth world cups but never take that form into adult football.
    Babayaro once claimed that he played in the same youth team as Obafemi Martins. Martins is allegedly 25, Babayaro is 31.
  • Options
    and If he is nearly 24 then he is worth less. Surely no big club would use that to make a smaller offer.

Poor old Chrystal, it's just one thing after another.
  • Options

This really is a great wind up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]

This really is a great wind up!

And a very serious development for them ...
  • Options
    Todays Daily Mail now saying Real Madrid are showing interest in Victor Moses....WTF!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Todays Daily Mail now saying Real Madrid are showing interest in Victor Moses....WTF!

Soundas.....You read the Daily Mail ?
    Makes sense I suppose..........
    ;-)
  • Options
    Real Madrid read West Brom
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, Moses must be sold before the 26th Jan...sweeeet! I don't want this thread to leave page 1, I adore the title so much.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Todays Daily Mail now saying Real Madrid are showing interest in Victor Moses....WTF!

Soundas.....You read the Daily Mail ?
    Makes sense I suppose..........
    ;-)

Nah...BBC page 338....todays Football Gossip.
  • Options
    And lo ! There was rejoicing by the banks of the Jordan as Moses saved the Tribe of Ismael
  • Options
    Now G&S have got WH, I reckon there might be a fire-sale at Palace, unless there's other interested din saving them
  • Options
    will the last person at palace pls turn the light off ha ha ha you got to laugh at simon jordan.. so desperate he was to sell he went with his begging bowl to gold and sullivan and the turned him down.. what a mug you are !!
  • Options
    There is a fair amount of chatter that there are a number of interested parties in buying them. The stumbling block is clearly the price that Tangoman is offering. Even in administration, the price would not be nothing assuming that Palace don't do a Leeds and exit administration without an agreed CVA with extra points deduction. Unless debts are written off or paid up by The Orange One, it's hard to see how any sane buyer would come in outside of a debt reduction/restructuring because of the large liabilites.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]There is a fair amount of chatter that there are a number of interested parties in buying them. The stumbling block is clearly the price that Tangoman is offering. Even in administration, the price would not be nothing assuming that Palace don't do a Leeds and exit administration without an agreed CVA with extra points deduction. Unless debts are written off or paid up by The Orange One, it's hard to see how any sane buyer would come in outside of a debt reduction/restructuring because of the large liabilites.

Plus they are a shyte house club!
  • Options
    All very quiet on the Palace front.

Moses not sold and doesn't seem to be much interest in anyone else. It's a very quiet transfer window all round although it will no doubt pick up a little in the last week.

So what happens if no one buys Moses?

Palace are still in the cup so that will bring in a bit of cash but HMR&C are after £1.2m if not more plus there are all the other debts.

Budgie et al, what the news in Glazierland?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]All very quiet on the Palace front.

Moses not sold and doesn't seem to be much interest in anyone else. It's a very quiet transfer window all round although it will no doubt pick up a little in the last week.

So what happens if no one buys Moses?

Palace are still in the cup so that will bring in a bit of cash but HMR&C are after £1.2m if not more plus there are all the other debts.

Budgie et al, what the news in Glazierland?

Gold and Sullivan have been cheating on the pair of us, and bought them bloody 'ammers.

Other than that, it's getting near pay day again, and Victor's still here.