Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardiff move in for Hudson (ED: Sold for £1m+)

123457»

Comments

• OVER 1 MILLION ?
    WTF ?
  • edited July 2009
    that fee is a miracle....
    he's a better player than our poxy coaching/motivational/management team got out on the pitch for us last season
    and as i said b4 as bad as he is he'll be in a higher division than us for sometime
  • He improved towards the end of the season but I will never understand the level of faith place on him all of last season. I thought we'd shift him for a few hundred thousand but over 1 MILLION! Bloody hell, that is good news.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]He improved towards the end of the season but I will never understand the level of faith place on him all of last season. I thought we'd shift him for a few hundred thousand but over 1 MILLION! Bloody hell, that is good news.

Now we'll only have to sell another 4 or 5 players to keep going financially ....... instead of the rest of the team.
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]He entertains me at least, like a limbo dancer, just how close to the ground does a ball have to be before you decide to kick rather than head it.
    Second only to Tevez?

hwlc3t.jpg
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Both Kisnorbo and Chris Coyne are available if not stronger headers more consistent, great characters, physically big and an influence on team mates. Both players are now free from recent injury, it's up to the scouts to see if they're at their level of two seasons ago.

Didn't know they were available. Not saying they aren't, but if they are that good, why are they available? Don't know much about either of them.
  • Wow, that is a stunning fee. Well chuffed. And the best bit is that the deal also proves our board still have a sense of humour after everything...I mean come on guys, a sell on clause...
  • [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Wow, that is a stunning fee. Well chuffed. And the best bit is that the deal also proves our board still have a sense of humour after everything...I mean come on guys, a sell on clause...

lol, Yeah what piss take.
  • Anyone know how big the sell on clause is? Could only be 5 or 10%, but I'd guess around 20%. Hopefully it's not sell on clause for after profit, pretty much no chance of getting anything if it is!
  • Just lifted this off vital Cardiff - Great don't you think ?

Cardiff City this week secured the signing of 27 year old centre-back Mark Hudson from Charlton Atheltic. With relatively little known about him, we asked members of the Vital Charlton forum for their thoughts on last season's captain:

Vital Charlton member Sun was less than complimentary:

What type of defender is Hudson?

Mark Hudson is a useless defender. No, honestly. He is error prone, horrendously slow (especially on the turn) and is clumsy, giving away penalties and free kicks on a regular basis. He is barely okay in the air, which is his best quality.

Your thoughts on Mark Hudson leaving?

Who is paying who? £700,000 seems like a bargain to get rid of him.

Can he do a good job for Cardiff City?

Honestly - NO. He is shocking. Truely truly shocking. I blame him as much as Pardew/Parkinson for our relegation.

Was he a good captain?

Possibly the funniest question of all. I don't remember seeing him do one thing that made me think he could be a captain. The closest he got was clapping after each goal went it, but normally his head went down as it was his fault. Occassionally he would shout at someone for making a mistake, when more often than not it was actually his fault.

Any particular strengths or weaknesses?

He's slow. So so slow. Oh, and crap too.

Is £700k a fair price?

About £8million too expensive.
    Good luck bluebirds! You're going to need it with this sack at CB for you!
  • edited July 2009
    Sorry probs entereing stuff from my iphone!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Anyone know how big the sell on clause is? Could only be 5 or 10%, but I'd guess around 20%. Hopefully it's not sell on clause for after profit, pretty much no chance of getting anything if it is!

you only ever get a percentage fee of any profit. If he's sold later for 1m we'd get x% of 300k profit not x% of the 1m fee.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Anyone know how big the sell on clause is? Could only be 5 or 10%, but I'd guess around 20%. Hopefully it's not sell on clause for after profit, pretty much no chance of getting anything if it is!

you only ever get a percentage fee of any profit. If he's sold later for 1m we'd get x% of 300k profit not x% of the 1m fee.

Always? I thought some were percentages of the entire fee?
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Anyone know how big the sell on clause is? Could only be 5 or 10%, but I'd guess around 20%. Hopefully it's not sell on clause for after profit, pretty much no chance of getting anything if it is!

Always? I thought some were percentages of the entire fee?

no way !! You'd be getting double bubble then !! It is only a percentage of the profit.
  • Thank you Mr Risdale for your kind and generous transfer fee. Bilmey if we had got £300k for him i would have been more than happy.

Also another big wage earner of the books and a million to boot.

Merry Xmas.
  • Can't give us a couple of quid for Gray can he?
  • edited July 2009
    Don't forget that Charlton Life said Hudson to Cardiff was a done deal three months ago ... I was so certain of my source that I didn't even feel compelled to put FACT at the end of my post...

Please forgive my boasting, but it is the only piece of transfer gossip I've ever been privy to from an inside source and the only such item I've ever posted on this site !!!
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Don't forget that Charlton Life said Hudson to Cardiff was a done deal three months ago ... I was so certain of my source that I didn't even feel compelled to put FACT at the end of my post...

Please forgive my boasting, but it is the only piece of transfer gossip I've ever been privy to from an inside source and the only such item I've ever posted on this site !!!

Good call Nigel!
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Don't forget that Charlton Life said Hudson to Cardiff was a done deal three months ago ... I was so certain of my source that I didn't even feel compelled to put FACT at the end of my post...

Huuuuurumph!!
  • edited May 2010
    £250k if Cardiff win on Saturday. Do like the idea of Blackpool in the Premier League though.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=34384&newstype=p
    The Bluebirds have paid an initial £1.075m for Hudson and will shell out a further £250,000 in the event of promotion to the Premier League.
  • As much as I want Blackpool to go up I'd rather we got the £250k right now!
  • Sponsored links:

• C'mon Cardiff!
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]As much as I want Blackpool to go up I'd rather we got the £250k right now!

exactly, no room for sentiment !
  • £250k will pay more than half of Moo2's wages next season if we get it...
  • come on bluebirds
  • well, was backing blackpool ... but forget it now ... c'mon Cardiff
  • didn't want cardiff to win... i do now!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]£250k will pay more than half of Moo2's wages next season if we get it...

or give waggott a 1 year extension.
  • Or get another CEO...
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]well, was backing blackpool ... but forget it now ... c'mon Cardiff

Ditto SM.