Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff move in for Hudson (ED: Sold for £1m+)

Comments

• Options
    I really can't see us making the same mistake as last season by going into the season with just two centre backs.

OK maybe I can.
  • Options
    If Parky does stay on, I can see him prioritising signings to make us strong and solid at the back - even maybe at the expense of flair players and a 20-goal striker.

And he did say last week on the OS:
    "The one thing we want to avoid is the situation last year where we lacked cover at the back all season. ......."

Proof of the pudding and all that .........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]If Parky does stay on, I can see him prioritising signings to make us strong and solid at the back - even maybe at the expense of flair players and a 20-goal striker.

We got Deon for that B-)
  • Options
    Hudson's talent was also 'undisclosed'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Hudson's talent was also 'undisclosed'

lol
  • Options
    I don't think it'd be a bad thing for a wholesale clean out of center backs. I mean ther's only two to go! I'd always wanted Fortune to succeed, but he is just another player reliant on someone else providing combativity and organisation for himself. I hope we get a couple of battlers in like Chris Coyne from Colchester.
  • Options
    £1m! I'll be shocked if we get around that for Hudson. £700k sounded like a great deal for us.

Anyway what Large said, can imagine us at least saying it was undisclosed.
  • Options
    I sincerely hope Yado Mambo is given a chance at centreback, 18 in October should be old enough, he's certainly not going to be physically intimidated. Bring him on as a sub when we're winning comfortably and start him in the cups. Otherwise what is the point of the academy, it's only 3rd tier FFS.
  • Options
    Mambo will be the number 5 centre back regardless.
  • Options
    The best header of a football in Charlton colours was John Pearson. Shame he wasn't a CB...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hudson will go for £200/250k, the deal will be worth more and to realise £700K Cardiff will have to get promoted/win the FA Cup and/or we'll get a cut of any transfer profit they make on him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]I sincerely hope Yado Mambo is given a chance at centreback, 18 in October should be old enough, he's certainly not going to be physically intimidated. Bring him on as a sub when we're winning comfortably and start him in the cups. Otherwise what is the point of the academy, it's only 3rd tier FFS.

I'm expecting to see him involved quite a bit in pre-season. Maybe Sean McGinty as well for the odd game, seems to be a better all round player and bigger prospect (if he hasn't gone to Man Utd by then, anyone heard anything since?)

May well see him go out on loan. And yeah don't see why he wouldn't be fine physically.

The 7 subs rule will really benefit Solly, Mambo, Stavrinou and the like.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]I really can't see us making the same mistake as last season by going into the season with just two centre backs.

OK maybe I can.[/quote]

"If we get any injuries we can always get a few loan players in!" - Alan Pardew August 2008
  • Options
    Well its got to be good business for Charlton wages wise at least
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Hudson will go for £200/250k, the deal will be worth more and to realise £700K Cardiff will have to get promoted/win the FA Cup and/or we'll get a cut of any transfer profit they make on him.

Do you actually know this for certain, or just speculation based on your own thoughts ?
  • Options
    Yes
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]I really can't see us making the same mistake as last season by going into the season with just two centre backs.

OK maybe I can.

"If we get any injuries we can always get a few loan players in!" - Alan Pardew August 2008

LOL. We'll just get loan players in who are coming back from injury! Or one's who can't dominate their positions just like the rest of them!
  • Options
    Just seen on sky sports news that He is having a medical at cardiff
  • Options
    Gone to Cardiff now according to their web sites...bye then...
  • Options
    Should be on our OS by next Wednesday then!
  • Options
    Never has an article been so wrong

"Hudson, 27, is a tall, dominant centre-half brought in to replace Roger Johnson following his £5m departure to Birmingham City." - oh dear

"He moved to Charlton Athletic two years ago and Alan Pardew, Charlton’s manager at the time, is a big fan, saying: “He’s a fantastic player on the pitch and excellent in terms of team spirit. He is a strong character and represents everything that is good about professional football.”" - don't trust Pardew's opinion on anything football related!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's gone on the OS
  • Options
    The Bluebirds have paid an initial £1.075m for Hudson and will shell out a further £250,000 in the event of promotion to the Premier League. The deal also contains a sell-on clause.

Good bit of business that.
  • Options
    Blimey, thats two bits of good news in two days.

Can't wait for the takeover to go through tomorrow!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]
    The Bluebirds have paid an initial £1.075m for Hudson and will shell out a further £250,000 in the event of promotion to the Premier League. The deal also contains a sell-on clause.

Good bit of business that.

Yep I totally agree.
  • Options
    It is an excellent piece of business in my opinion.

Whoever brokered the deal and got that price - well done.

That being said, knowing Risdale's track record he probably offered £250,000 - we said we wanted £750,000 so he offered £1m!
  • Options
    How on earth did we get 1 million pound for this joker? Thats the funniest thing I've ever seen. No'one can ever say we dont get value for players can we??? amazing.
  • Options
    Christ!
  • Options
    Bet Tango Man is fuming........LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]How on earth did we get 1 million pound for this joker? Thats the funniest thing I've ever seen. No'one can ever say we dont get value for players can we??? amazing.

What Greg said. Great bit of negotiation by the incompetent know nothing idiots Waggott and Murray.

Still can't quite believe those figures even though it is on the OS ; - )

And yes, it was on the OS the day it happened not before and not after.
  • Options
    Well done to someone....thought he was about £5,000,000 top whack!