Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff move in for Hudson (ED: Sold for £1m+)

Comments

• Options
    Well done SW...great piece of business
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]rich coming from a bloke who was talking to himself in another thread!

So you're saying we're both dopes
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]we even got a sell-on clause added in. well negotiated!

i guess we knew they had just got a big chunk of money for johnson.

deal done weeks ago, just after end of season in fact
  • Options
    thank heaven for this deal, cheers Risdale!
  • Options
    What everyone else said, fantastic deal. I thought £700k was a lot and was more likely to be closer to £400k.

Surprised they put up the details about the sell on clause and £250k after promotion.

That sort of fee they've surely given him a 3 or 4 year deal on £10k+ a week. They better hope Dave Jones gets the best out of him.

Anyway well done to our board and thank you to Mr Risdale - over a fifth of the deal for Johnson, very good business.

Hopefully we keep Fortune and get another centre back in soon.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Taking a very deep breath here.....however if Mr Waggott is responsible for getting that deal for Hudson, then he has earned his wages for this year already.
    (B*llocks....now I need to lay down).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]we even got a sell-on clause added in. well negotiated!

That is so incorrect.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Taking a very deep breath here.....however if Mr Waggott is responsible for getting that deal for Hudson, then he has earned his wages for this year already.
    (B*llocks....noe I need to lay down).

Lol, maybe they told him whatever he got above £500k he could keep?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Taking a very deep breath here.....however if Mr Waggott is responsible for getting that deal for Hudson, then he has earned his wages for this year already.

LOL,

Took some guts to say that so well done
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]we even got a sell-on clause added in. well negotiated!

That is so incorrect.

Large doesn't always pay full attention at certain meetings.

Nearly done is not the same as done deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Congratulations on a great bit of business, well done the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Fantastic deal, well done whomever responsible.

Risdale!

reminds me of the (alleged) story that when seth johnson signed for leeds.
    before a meeting with ridsdale, johnson and his agent were discussing what wages to demand/accept. they come to the decision that they would ask for 18,000 per week but would settle for 12k.
    they went to the meeting and the first thing ridsdale said was "right, lets get this very straight. we are not gonna offer you any more than £30,000 per week".
  • Options
    Thank you Mr Ridsdale, I now feel a lot more confident about the up coming season!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Fantastic deal, well done whomever responsible.

Risdale!

reminds me of the (alleged) story that when seth johnson signed for leeds.
    before a meeting with ridsdale, johnson and his agent were discussing what wages to demand/accept. they come to the decision that they would ask for 18,000 per week but would settle for 12k.
    they went to the meeting and the first thing ridsdale said was "right, lets get this very straight. we are not gonna offer you any more than £30,000 per week".

I read they were so shocked that Risdale thought they were insulted so then offered even more (£40k?)
  • Options
    Fantastic deal from our perspective - though j can't see much happening with the sell-on clause!!!!

Even if this just balances the books and stabilises us for the season then I'm happy with that - Ward and Fortune would be excellent - mambo, semedo, youga, holland, mcginty all there as backup - is say 1 more recognised CB and that's pretty good
  • Options
    If we can get Ward that would be another fantastic deal. I'd be happy with Sodje or a similarly proven League One player though. You're forgetting Llera.

Three main centre backs with cover from that lot would be fine.

With 7 subs on the bench Mambo and McGinty (if he's still here, hope so) may get a few chances.
  • Options
    Swisdom what about Llera?
  • Options
    But the question is Seth, is that enough to get you to renew, or at least let your son do so?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    £1.075M for Hudson LOL - my flabber is truly gasted.

More good news SSN says John Fortune wants to stay and is negotiating a new deal.

BFR was close £200K :-)
  • Options
    quote from 'monmouth bluebird' on a cardiff forum.

"He's obviously a leader, which looking at our squad at present, we dont seem to have."

i haven't the heart to register and comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hmm, now does the promotion clause mean we should be backing Cardiff this season?

Nah, some things are more important than money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Hmm, now does the promotion clause mean we should be backing Cardiff this season?

Nah, some things are more important than money.

Could be worse. Might be a promotion clause in the McCarthorse deal : - (
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]quote from 'monmouth bluebird' on a cardiff forum.

"He's obviously a leader, which looking at our squad at present, we dont seem to have."

i haven't the heart to register and comment.

Wasn't even Palace captain for long was he? Only our captain because Pardew saw that and thought he was a much better player than he is.
  • Options
    If any of this money is used for new players I hope to goddo Sodje doesn't come. Replacing an OK positionally player with a headless heading chicken like Sodje would be a disaster. Imagine a defence of Fortune,Youga and Sodje????? Two terribly inept positional players in Sodje and Youga, whilst Fortune would be waiting for everyone else to put their head on the ball.

Each one of them I could accept if there were three other strong minded, positonally sharp defenders next to them. But we lack leaders and lack reliability whoever we waste our cash on in wages have to be able to organise and concentrate for 90 mins, not just on the off chance or for ten mins a half.
  • Options
    WHAT ABOUT LLERA
  • Options
    The other CB to come in will surely be 3rd choice?

Any other ideas then? I'm sure there's players out there, but Sodje is the only one out of contract that we've seen much of before and know anything about. No one would have suggested Llera because no one really knew if he was any good.
  • Options
    Great business for the club, especially when you consider the £650k we already got back for Paddy Carthorse last year. Trouble is the money is highly unlikely to be reinvested in bought players. Bearing in mind the millions the club lost last year we are now in the Bosman world, getting about 25th dibs on available players, if we are lucky. Hopefully Llera has already replaced Hudson and will prove to be a better player.
  • Options
    Sodje has limitations that's for sure but:
    He entertains me at least, like a limbo dancer, just how close to the ground does a ball have to be before you decide to kick rather than head it.
    he knows us.
    he is enthusiastic and lively.
    he will give 100%
    he may be on a free
    he may take a wage cut
    given the dreadful state we're in, and the utterly depressing emergent fact that Philip (mr colchester went up, mr nice bloke,mr success) Parkinson is indeed the full on manager...then watching sam Sodje is a far more cheery prospect than watching someone like gillespie or waghorn.
  • Options
    There are others who are out and about who are v dominant in their positions. Sodje would have been on v good money at Reading and if you've seen him play it's pretty obvious he's athletic but wholly inadequate postionally. That's unacceptable in a weak willed, poorly organised back four.

Both Kisnorbo and Chris Coyne are available if not stronger headers more consistent, great characters, physically big and an influence on team mates. Both players are now free from recent injury, it's up to the scouts to see if they're at their level of two seasons ago.
  • Options
    Jamie McCombe of Bristol city would be perfect. Big strong quick and a leader. No idea if available still but deffo worth investing in