Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Young Addicks" - New Junior Reds!

Personally think this is very well done, especially the discounted coaching courses which I use every school half term and summer term.

I was originally Junior Red No1 I think. . . . .

From Pravda:

The club is launching a brand spanking new exclusive membership club - and supporters aged 13 and under can join up straight away.

Young Addicks kicks off ahead of the new League One season in August, and there will be all sorts of exciting perks on offer for members.

For starters, a fresh magazine packed full of exclusive features, puzzles and competitions will be popping through members' letterboxes, not to mention their very own membership card and a goodie pack.

Members will also be able to meet their first-team heroes - in a variety of ways.

There will be the chance to become a first-team mascot and visit the Valley dressing rooms before helping to lead the team out for an important league game.

In addition, there will be exclusive question-and-answer sessions with the first-team players during the autumn and spring half-term holidays.

Members will also have the chance to attend an annual Christmas party with all the senior players and management - and will gain a vital vote in the new Young Addicks Player of the Year award.

Fans could also follow in the footsteps of some legendary names by playing on the hallowed turf of The Valley or at the club's Sparrows Lane training complex in a Young Addicks football tournament at the end of the season.

If all that's not enough reason to sign up, then try these extra benefits for size.

In every edition of the matchday programme, the Valley Review, one Young Addick will take centre stage, and members will also get sent a birthday card from the club.

And those that fancy sharpening their footy skills in a bid to be the next Nicky Bailey or Jonjo Shelvey can also take advantage of reduced prices on a selection of school holiday football coaching courses.

It sounds too good to be true, but all this and more can be the property of Charlton's rookie supporters - thanks to Young Addicks.

Membership for a rolling 12-month period is just £20, and adults can enrol their siblings when they fill in their own season-ticket forms, call 0871 226 1905, or download an application form here.

Youth may well be the key on the pitch for the Addicks next season with a host of exciting academy products set to take centre stage.

And younger supporters can watch every second of action at The Valley by taking advantage of the club's incredible season-ticket prices.

U11s can seal their seat in SE7 for just £49 (£2.13 per game) and U18s can attend all season for only £75."

Comments

• Options
    Henry Jnr is already signed up although I've not seen any goodies or a membership card yet.

Sort it out Charlton!!
  • Options
    Blimey your quick off the mark.

Mates rates?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Blimey your quick off the mark.

Mates rates?

No, application form came with the ST renewals. Sent it all off at the same time and no discount either. Bloody cheek!
  • Options
    I've signed my 3 up , I doubt they'll thank me for it though
  • Options
    I can confirm that WE are in discussions with A A Junior as to the possibility of him joining Y A's. Manchester United Junior Reds and Real Madrid Young Galacticos are also thought to be interested parties.

No further comment will be made until all negotiations have been completed.
  • Options
    Same here, Henry .Signed up 3 Grandkids when paying for our s tkts. A couple of weeks ago I received 3 Charlton Athletic Red cards for them so rang the Club to enquire whether a mistake had been made. Was told by the lady who is dealing with the scheme that everyone has to be registered with the Club in this manner ... I said I felt this was misleading and that she would undoubtedly be receiving more calls on the subject. Suggested that at least a comp slip be attached declaring that the Jnr Addicks' packs would be sent later.

Anyhow, apparently the kosher stuff for the kiddies will be sent out in August.

I noted that the info stated " There will be a chance to become a first team mascot " as my daughter's name was picked out of a hat some 20 years ago when she had just signed up for the Jnr Reds. She duly came onto the pitch with the team at Sellout Park for the match v 'Boro on 1st April '89 and warmed up with her favourite player, Carlo...Wasn't allowed into the changing room pre-match though due to her gender. No cost for the honour - just had to provide her own kit. Received a lovely framed photo of her with the 2 captains - Peter Shirtliff & Tony Mowbray- which still hangs in her old room . Great memories which I hope some fortunate youngsters will also have once the scheme is implemented.
  • Options
    Very much welcome the YA scheme, i think its integral for a club such as ours, and very much hope the club attach more than just lip service to it over the years to come.

The mascot thing is an interesting one. The cost of junior mascots in recent years has been nothing short of exabortant (sp?). I hope this is something that is addressed. I read yesterday Yeovil will charge £50 for their mascotting.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Same here, Henry .Signed up 3 Grandkids when paying for our s tkts. A couple of weeks ago I received 3 Charlton Athletic Red cards for them so rang the Club to enquire whether a mistake had been made. Was told by the lady who is dealing with the scheme that everyone has to be registered with the Club in this manner ... I said I felt this was misleading and that she would undoubtedly be receiving more calls on the subject. Suggested that at least a comp slip be attached declaring that the Jnr Addicks' packs would be sent later.

Anyhow, apparently the kosher stuff for the kiddies will be sent out in August.

I noted that the info stated " There will be a chance to become a first team mascot " as my daughter's name was picked out of a hat some 20 years ago when she had just signed up for the Jnr Reds. She duly came onto the pitch with the team at Sellout Park for the match v 'Boro on 1st April '89 and warmed up with her favourite player, Carlo...Wasn't allowed into the changing room pre-match though due to her gender. No cost for the honour - just had to provide her own kit. Received a lovely framed photo of her with the 2 captains - Peter Shirtliff & Tony Mowbray- which still hangs in her old room . Great memories which I hope some fortunate youngsters will also have once the scheme is implemented.

People who are already known to the club would already have Red Cards, so this would only affect a minority of applicants, but I agree it's misleading. We are in a bit of a holding period with the scheme at the moment, but the intention is to provide a Young Addicks card once the scheme is up and running, which we've always said would be August 1st.

In the meantime, we are working up the football course discounts for the summer and there will be news on them shortly.
  • Options
    Thanks, AB
  • Options
    Anybody seen any goodies yet? I signed up Cat jnr a couple of months ago and I was expecting stuff to come through BEFORE the first game of the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope - did the same but not even an acknowledgement from the Club.
  • Options
    no, me neither.

Henry jnr has just completed a five day coaching course, which he really enjoyed despite losing the final of the penalty comp, but we missed out on the discount.

Robbed ; - )
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Falconwood the youngest won the penalty shoot-out at Crook Log last week. . .

Big props to all the coaches there, they are all excellent with the kids.

The best PR this club has.

I didnt take up the ticket giveaway this time, feeling the club needed
    my cash :o(
  • Options
    Article in the programme today - letter in the post this week (industrial action permitting).
  • Options
    Thanks AB
    COYR
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Article in the programme today - letter in the post this week (industrial action permitting).

Typical of the press embargo and disrespect for the fans from the big wigs at the club this summer that only constant pressure from this thread got a response.

joking ; - ) Look forward to Henry Jnr getting his letter.
  • Options
    Not if Sandra & her friends have anything to do with it..........

;-)
  • Options
    Are the club waiting until the kids reach 14 before sending anything out about this ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Are the club waiting until the kids reach 14 before sending anything out about this ?

Henry Jnr did get a very nice letter.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Not if Sandra & her friends have anything to do with it..........

;-)

I blame Sandra.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know the club give out free tickets to local schools ect, but how about the club giving 10 free tickets (5 kid and 5 parants) to schools in se london/kent/eastsussex. Five schools which are in the same area will have a coach to pick them up at one of the schools. The free tickets will be raffled in the schools at £5 per child (which will allow 5 children from each school to bring a parant). This £5 should result in at least £500 getting raised between the 5 schools which will be shared 50/50 with the school towards sports equitment for themselves. CAFCs share will go towards covering the cost of the coaches at a discount rate to get the kids/parants to the game. Do a deal with the coach companies to have an advertisment in the matchday programe for the rest of the season. If we gave away 15,000 of these tickets over three games you will fill the ground up which will mean more revenue from food,drinks, programes ect. If we carry on playing good football and winning these new supporters are more likley to follow us. We could end up with an extra few thousand supporters out of it. I remember when I was young charlton wernt at the valley so everyone i knew supported liverpool as they was allways winning at the times! Maybe what im saying is that we can brainwash all new young naive fans by us winning games, then reel them in as they will soon have the CAFC bug!!!!
  • Options
    SE9, Ring Wendy or Rick at the Club and talk this through with them.

They are always open to ideas and I was only speaking to Wendy this morning about paid for tickets for a local scout group and a local football team.

Maybe not be exactly as you've outlined it but you will be able to get blocks of tickets for Schools

wendy.perfect@cafc.co.uk
    rick.everitt@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]SE9, Ring Wendy or Rick at the Club and talk this through with them.

They are always open to ideas and I was only speaking to Wendy this morning about paid for tickets for a local scout group and a local football team.

Maybe not be exactly as you've outlined it but you will be able to get blocks of tickets for Schools

wendy.perfect@cafc.co.uk

I think this is the season to do it, I know money is tight but you are more likley to get youngsters to follow us when we are having a successfull season(so far) then if we are trying to attract them when we are mid table in the championship say. As everyone knows as soon as you start following a team by going and watching them you are are with them for life.
    Im sure people at the club will have thought of this allready mate so ill leave it to them lol.
    rick.everitt@cafc.co.uk[/quote]
  • Options
    Agree but Wendy doesn't have the contacts locally.

She needs you to tell her which schools to contact.

There are already lots of offers to Schools etc which I'm sure Rick/Airman Brown can explain.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Right general idea, but it sounds a bit complicated. I agree that it's absolutely crucial to get the kids in, but we think we have identified the right way to do it already. We are already working with literally hundreds of primary schools to bring in 1,000 people a game. We've already done a tranche of Greenwich and Bexley schools this season and on Saturday it will be Bromley.

On the Young Addicks, it's taken us a while to source the contents for the goodie bags, but we are hoping to have them for the Exeter game. We're also about to announce some events.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]We've already done a tranche of Greenwich and Bexley schools this season and on Saturday it will be Bromley.

So everyone will be saying to me "we took our child to Charlton and all we heard for 90 minutes was 'Pardew you ******** ******* why don't you **** *** you ******* "

: - )
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Right general idea, but it sounds a bit complicated. I agree that it's absolutely crucial to get the kids in, but we think we have identified the right way to do it already. We are already working with literally hundreds of primary schools to bring in 1,000 people a game. We've already done a tranche of Greenwich and Bexley schools this season and on Saturday it will be Bromley.

On the Young Addicks, it's taken us a while to source the contents for the goodie bags, but we are hoping to have them for the Exeter game. We're also about to announce some events.[/quote]

Is there any news on the goodie bags for the Exeter game?
  • Options
    Still waiting on third parties. However, hope to have some news next week.
  • Options
    Are the 3rd parties up to much this week ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Are the 3rd parties up to much this week ?

I think there was a problem when they realised Alan Pardew had done the catering for the parties.