Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many season tickets will we start the season with ?

Comments

• Options
    A few years back we used to have a Japanese client(she was manageress of shop off Oxford Street) called Arso.....she married a guy with the surname Staines....you couldn't make it up!
  • Options
  • Options
    I still haven't received my season ticket.....why as it's been paid for?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]I still haven't received my season ticket.....why as it's been paid for?

You won't do until a week or two before the first game
  • Options
    Around 8,360 at the end of last week
  • Options
    i heard close to 9000 over the weekend.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]i heard close to 9000 over the weekend.

Then you heard wrong. AFKA's figure is correct.
  • Options
    Is that bad in League 1?
  • Options
    sorry. not a huge amount of difference.
  • Options
    Do you think we have 8,500 yet??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think with all the days good news 10k is a safe figure ;)
  • Options
    Any news Airman where we are with this broke the 9,000??
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Any news Airman where we are with this broke the 9,000??
    WSS Likes this
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I predict the renewal trends will not be comparable to previous years in the sense that most who would renew will have done so by now as only a hardcore will be interested in buying them for football at this level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Any news Airman where we are with this broke the 9,000??
    WSS Likes this

lol you muppet
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    About 8,800 earlier this week. We actually sold a lot more in the month or so after the cut-off than you would normally expect, but as people have said the deadline wasn't very meaningful because there is increasingly less chance of losing your seat by renewing late.

That leaves a third of last season's purchasers who have yet to renew - I guess how you view that depends on whether you are glass two-thirds full or one third empty kind of person. It is more than I would have predicted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]About 8,800 earlier this week. We actually sold a lot more in the month or so after the cut-off than you would normally expect, but as people have said the deadline wasn't very meaningful because there is increasingly less chance of losing your seat by renewing late.
    Surely... "increasingly more chance..."?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]About 8,800 earlier this week. We actually sold a lot more in the month or so after the cut-off than you would normally expect, but as people have said the deadline wasn't very meaningful because there is increasingly less chance of losing your seat by renewing late.

Creeping up and still an outside chance of a "Wow" to give it another kick.

What is the like for like figure? ie if all the "others" are included like last year. Over 10K?

With the "others" the like to like comparison with last year would be what now Rick? 70% 75%
  • Options
    I meant increasingly less chance year on year as sales go down, rather than as this summer goes on.

I can't give an answer on the "others" issue, but I reckon we are looking at a (real) crowd for Wycombe of around the 15,000 mark.
  • Options

That leaves a third of last season's purchasers who have yet to renew - I guess how you view that depends on whether you are glass two-thirds full or one third empty kind of person. It is more than I would have predicted.

Cheers Airman for coming back.

I think its a pretty good start. obviously there is a lot of people not happy with the situation of the club at the moment hope it gets a kick start when news of which way we are going filters through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Out of interest Airman, are any attempts going to be made to do a ring around those who have not renewed ?

I'm sure there are most who have definately decided they won't, but i'm equally sure that there are others that haven't simply because they couldn't be arsed to get the things done on time, but are likely to be talked into it over the phone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I meant increasingly less chance year on year as sales go down, rather than as this summer goes on.

I can't give an answer on the "others" issue, but I reckon we are looking at a (real) crowd for Wycombe of around the 15,000 mark.

15k?

10k ST

2k Walk up

3k away

15,000 is still a good gate for this division even if poor in comparison with previous years. I guess that was the turn style count at a few games last year anyway.

Don't suppose many teams will fill the Jimmy South Stand as I assume Wycombe will.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Out of interest Airman, are any attempts going to be made to do a ring around those who have not renewed ?

I'm sure there are most who have definately decided they won't, but i'm equally sure that there are others that haven't simply because they couldn't be arsed to get the things done on time, but are likely to be talked into it over the phone.
    I hope the answer's "yes"! Because if not, I'd be prepared to phone a few people up on behalf of the club. It's vital that everyone who can, does. And if I could help persuade a few, I would.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I meant increasingly less chance year on year as sales go down, rather than as this summer goes on.

15k?

10k ST

2k Walk up

3k away

15,000 is still a good gate for this division even if poor in comparison with previous years. I guess that was the turn style count at a few games last year anyway.

Don't suppose many teams will fill the Jimmy South Stand as I assume Wycombe will.
    How do you think our average attendances will compare to our friends from the Den and the stripey lot from Croydon?
  • Options
    Make that 1997 walk up.
    Never bought a ST as don't go to enough games but already got 3 tickets for Wycombe
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CatAddick[/cite]Make that 1997 walk up.
    Never bought a ST as don't go to enough games but already got 3 tickets for Wycombe

That would make the walk up 2003 not 1997 : - )

Good on you anyway, the more the merrier.
  • Options
    Me and my brother will be renewing on Sat so that'll be another 2 ST's sold, along with 2 for the Hereford game. Only just managed to scrap the money together, after paying for this summers hols.

All credit to the guys and gals in the ticket office. Emailed them yesterday to enquire if my seat had been taken. Within 10 mins, someone had called me to confirm that it was free, as was the seats around me :-0 and gave me the deatils of opening times and told me what to bring with me.

Seems that they're willing to drum up business, so think a quick call to anyone who has not renewed would be a good idea.
  • Options
    15000 for Charlton verses Wycombe in the third division is an excellent attendance, the trouble is the income doesn't match what we need. If that were your base point, you're cash neutral, you have taken the harsh measures with playing staff to get the wages right down, you have a bit of a canny and ambitious manager, you have a lovely stadium and crowds around 15,000 with potential for higher, would not a decently interested party see that kind of a club as a good thing to be involved with? Gosh, if it were possible to start right here right now with what we have, we would have a chance wouldn't we?
  • Options
    haven't they stopped doing the installment plan now? kind of a disincentive, I am guessing this is cos its not worth it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]haven't they stopped doing the installment plan now? kind of a disincentive, I am guessing this is cos its not worth it.
    I pay in installments.