Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many season tickets will we start the season with ?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    After yesterday, i reckon they'll be a few people jumping on the caravan / bandwagon, particularly the Valley Express mob....

Lets face it...they live down that way, and are going to see the same standard of football ain't they ???

The Club needs to start making some major announcements ( if there are any to make that is !! ), so that not too many go along that route !!!!
  • Options
    at a guess - one each.
  • Options
    Just had a call from Miserable Old Git whose just renewed his. 20 - 25 people currently in the queue at the Valley.

Woman behind the counter said that they are worked off their feet and that with all the post/credit cards etc they are looking at minimum of 10k and maybe as many as 12k.

after the s*** seasons we've had that is impressive if accurate.

Charlton fans, I luv ya!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Just had a call from Miserable Old Git whose just renewed his. 20 - 25 people currently in the queue at the Valley.

Woman behind the counter said that they are worked off their feet and that with all the post/credit cards etc they are looking at minimum of 10k and maybe as many as 12k.

Charlton fans, I luv ya!

i think we should wait until its on the OS first before treating this as fact :-)

Certainly wasn't very busy when i was done there Sat morning, just 2 infront of me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Just had a call from Miserable Old Git whose just renewed his. 20 - 25 people currently in the queue at the Valley.

Charlton fans, I luv ya!

i think we should wait until its on the OS first before treating this as fact :-)

You think you are so funny ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: essbee[/cite]After yesterday, i reckon they'll be a few people jumping on the caravan / bandwagon, particularly the Valley Express mob....

Lets face it...they live down that way, and are going to see the same standard of football ain't they ???

The Club needs to start making some major announcements ( if there are any to make that is !! ), so that not too many go along that route !!!!

Most of the "valley Express Mob" are Charlton through and through and have been going for 20 plus years. Hard to think they are suddenly gonna start supporting the Gills. A great deal of them are south Londoners that have moved away. Add to the fact that they are there week in week out and hardly ever miss a game i think your presumption is well wide of the mark.
  • Options

Charlton fans, I luv ya!

We are nowhere near those figures.
  • Options
    That sort of number of renewals would be pretty decent going if it turns out to be true. Let's hope so....
  • Options
    10-12k would be impressive, but I'd be surprised if it were more than 8k currently (even once the backlog is cleared)

could easily creep up to that mark 'if' we were to all hear some exciting news...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]10-12k would be impressive, but I'd be surprised if it were more than 8k currently (even once the backlog is cleared)

I reckon once the weekend renewals are cleared, it will be somewhere between 4,500 - 6,000, and probably skewed towards the lower figure.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: essbee[/cite]After yesterday, i reckon they'll be a few people jumping on the caravan / bandwagon, particularly the Valley Express mob....

Most of the "valley Express Mob" are Charlton through and through and have been going for 20 plus years. Hard to think they are suddenly gonna start supporting the Gills. A great deal of them are south Londoners that have moved away. Add to the fact that they are there week in week out and hardly ever miss a game i think your presumption is well wide of the mark.
    Next season we'll definitely see how true that is.

I'm looking forward to the away game, 'Kent's just to big for you.'
  • Options
    My guess would be around 7K unless there is a major announcement between now and the start. I have renewed both my tickets!
  • Options
    I note AFKA's scepticism re numbers.

All I know is that the guy told me we had 4k when I renewed on 21 May and others have said that a lot usually renew in the week up to the deadline for losing the seat.

I think all things considered 10K would be excellent if we can get there assuming of course that they are people like me who have paid their hard earned rather than complimentaries.
  • Options
    I'm not bold enough to come up with the actual number of season tickets we'll sell. But I will make one prediction: we will have more season tickets than we've ever had in a third-tier season. And that's the mark of how much bigger and better we've got over the last 25 years.
  • Options
    And that is the crankiest, boldest attempt at positivity i've seen for a long time !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]And that is the crankiest, boldest attempt at positivity i've seen for a long time !
    You're too kind!
  • Options
    Posted By: Henry Irving
    Just had a call from Miserable Old Git whose just renewed his. 20 - 25 people currently in the queue at the Valley.

Charlton fans, I luv ya!

Posted by Airman :We are nowhere near those figures.

YET but that is obv just a prediction i would say 7235
  • Options
    about 7500
  • Options
    From my understanding, NSS is pretty close.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]From my understanding, NSS is pretty close.

Close to the current figure or close to what it will be at the start of the season?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]From my understanding, NSS is pretty close.

Is the number of S/T'S sold a secret and if so why ?
  • Options
    I could tell you but I'd have to kill you.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So Airman Brown says the current like to like comparison (ie with paid for sales and others) to last season is currently 9000 a figure that some felt it would be "staggering" to surpass.

Still a number on this site and presumably elsewhere who have yet to renew so could creep up to the 10k that AFKA felt it would be.

With a "wow" factor announcement I can still see it hitting over 11k and maybe even 12k but that would be pushing it IMHO.

Will be interesting to track over the next 9 weeks.
  • Options
    For people without a season ticket, what is the walk up experience like? In the very dim and distant past football fans would pay on the turnstile, relatively quickly. If Charlton manage 10,000 season ticket sales, and the opposition bring an average of 1000, then to get crowds of (a very respectable) 15,000 it would mean about, say, 2000 bought in advance either by going to the Valley or by post, but still 2000 on the day.
    Nobody enjoys queueing, especially at the ticket office window, fiddling with cash and cards and such...is there a way of making that experience slick and friendly so as not to put off impulse support?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]For people without a season ticket, what is the walk up experience like? In the very dim and distant past football fans would pay on the turnstile, relatively quickly. If Charlton manage 10,000 season ticket sales, and the opposition bring an average of 1000, then to get crowds of (a very respectable) 15,000 it would mean about, say, 2000 bought in advance either by going to the Valley or by post, but still 2000 on the day.
    Nobody enjoys queueing, especially at the ticket office window, fiddling with cash and cards and such...is there a way of making that experience slick and friendly so as not to put off impulse support?

Yeah get the automatic barcode styleticket/ turnstyles they have at various grounds, no staff then man turnstyles, instead actually put staff behind kiosk!!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]For people without a season ticket, what is the walk up experience like? In the very dim and distant past football fans would pay on the turnstile, relatively quickly. If Charlton manage 10,000 season ticket sales, and the opposition bring an average of 1000, then to get crowds of (a very respectable) 15,000 it would mean about, say, 2000 bought in advance either by going to the Valley or by post, but still 2000 on the day.

You'll have to queue twice Seth. Once to get a ticket along with the other thousands that didn't renew. Then you'll need to queue to get through the turnstyles. I'd get a S/T if I was you, even if you don't admit it to us. Plus when certain away games go on sale to S/T holders first, where we have a small allocation, you will be f**ked.
  • Options
    If we reach 10,000 s/t sales by the start of the season then I think that would be impressive considering the circumstances. I have not renewed yet (sit in the lower north) but plan to by the end of July. Just don't have the money at the moment.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]For people without a season ticket, what is the walk up experience like? In the very dim and distant past football fans would pay on the turnstile, relatively quickly. If Charlton manage 10,000 season ticket sales, and the opposition bring an average of 1000, then to get crowds of (a very respectable) 15,000 it would mean about, say, 2000 bought in advance either by going to the Valley or by post, but still 2000 on the day.
    Nobody enjoys queueing, especially at the ticket office window, fiddling with cash and cards and such...is there a way of making that experience slick and friendly so as not to put off impulse support?[/quote]

You'll have to queue twice Seth. Once to get a ticket along with the other thousands that didn't renew. Then you'll need to queue to get through the turnstyles. I'd get a S/T if I was you, even if you don't admit it to us. Plus when certain away games go on sale to S/T holders first, where we have a small allocation, you will be f**ked.[/quote]

Yeah you're right, mind you I am resisting and resisting because if anything happens I want to renew to show approval
  • Options
    We renewed (even tho' we had to borrow money) for several reasons.
    The main couple being (1)that we like where we sit, and the people round us,and(2) it means that we don't have to queue twice to get in.