Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many season tickets will we start the season with ?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Seth Plum[/cite]Yeah you're right, mind you I am resisting and resisting because if anything happens I want to renew to show approval

I didn't resist to show that I care.......
  • Options
    Agree with Henry that if something happens to give it "the wow factor" then I could see us hitting 12 k perhaps.
  • Options
    8,500 I reckon
  • Options
    Over 8,000 been sold now
  • Options
    i think over 10k will be great and fairplay to all those newish fans from curbs glory years who have stuck with us as we have slid down the fooball ladder ....
    we've got to get promoted soon b4 we become a small nothing club like millsmall
  • Options
    so 400 in the last week.

Will no doubt ease down now over the summer, but would be great if we can get it over the 10k mark
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]so 400 in the last week.

Will no doubt ease down now over the summer, but would be great if we can get it over the 10k mark

I'd think that without a "wow" factor it will creep along with a late rush come kick off so maybe between 9 and 10k of direct paid for.

With 1500-ish "others" I think the like for like will top 11k.

With a "wow" factor then closer to 12K
  • Options
    Just hit the 8012 barrier yesterday according to a very good source at the club ;-)

Much, much better than Id expected.
  • Options
    10k minimum.

If the TO ever happens then maybe 12k
  • Options
    Still waiting to renew mine (2) depending on some positive stuff coming out of the club and I suspect there are others feeling the same as me. You don't need to tell me that if I were a 'true' Charlton supporter I would renew come what may, please accept the fact that there are others like me waiting on some hint that next season won't be as miserable as the last two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Still waiting to renew mine (2) depending on some positive stuff coming out of the club and I suspect there are others feeling the same as me. You don't need to tell me that if I were a 'true' Charlton supporter I would renew come what may, please accept the fact that there are others like me waiting on some hint that next season won't be as miserable as the last two.

I don't think anyone can blame you or others for taking that stance. Especially when money is tight at the moment.
    I definitely think a takeover/some positive news/new manager will add about 2k to the season ticket number.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Still waiting to renew mine (2) depending on some positive stuff coming out of the club and I suspect there are others feeling the same as me. You don't need to tell me that if I were a 'true' Charlton supporter I would renew come what may, please accept the fact that there are others like me waiting on some hint that next season won't be as miserable as the last two.

You pay your money, you take your pick.....totally up to you if you renew or not, but I suspect youre fishing for a reaction....will this suffice?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Still waiting to renew mine (2) depending on some positive stuff coming out of the club and I suspect there are others feeling the same as me. You don't need to tell me that if I were a 'true' Charlton supporter I would renew come what may, please accept the fact that there are others like me waiting on some hint that next season won't be as miserable as the last two.[/quote]

You pay your money, you take your pick.....totally up to you if you renew or not, but I suspect youre fishing for a reaction....will this suffice?[/quote]

You're wrong, I was reinforcing the position that there are others like me who might renew if something happens, you know, adding to the speculation and all that....sheesh....
  • Options

Seth, have you not thought that those potentially bidding for the club may be waiting to see the level of season ticket sales. Your "wait to see" tactic may actually be delivering the wrong message and damaging the very chances you/we want.

The new CEO at Norwich City attrbuted a big part of his reason for taking on the job as the level of support, measured by the season ticket sales (18,000 plus).

Frankly, whilst I share the anger of the clubs fall; your approach, in my view, is about "cutting off your nose to spite your face". If I were a serious investor in this club, I would look at the fan base and the potential for development. Low advanced ticket sales would be a worry. It would be one more issue that may affect my investment decision and the level of working capital v development capital that I may need to employ.

If I had a maximum amount to invest and I could only count on 8,000 ST holders, the amount of my investment left to spend on rebuilding the team would be considerably less than if the ST numbers were say double that.

So come on, you know you are going to renew, get off the fence and just do it. It could be the most important decision for the clubs future you could make.
  • Options
    Persuasive true, but i feel hamstrung here. Part of me doesn't want to signal I am a supporting tart, ready to roll over and take whatever the club throws at me (yet god knows I've done it all my life so far), and part of me want's to hold back to signal my positive reaction to some positive news. You're maybe right in saying that if we get season tickets it may motivate investors to get out their wallets too, but the recent experience following Charlton has put me so much through the wringer, I don't want to be taken for a mug again, as I feel I have been in the last couple of seasons certainly. For me it isn't posturing this time, hoping to get loved up and persuaded, it's about not wanting to be made to feel miserable on a weekly basis by something you love that is crumbling before your eyes.
  • Options
    Hmmm - wonder how many will renew before the 'swap day' starting next Saturday(?) as then they run the risk of losing their seats????

I know three who renewed today because they thought Monday was the swap day and did not want to lose their seats, :)
  • Options
    Seriously, How come Norwich get 18K +
    we get 8+ ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Seriously, How come Norwich get 18K +
    we get 8+ ?

There's f all else to do in Narrrrich!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Seriously, How come Norwich get 18K +
    we get 8+ ?

There's f all else to do in Narrrrich!

Apparently "Sheep Worrying" is a regular saturday night pastime ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I'd think that without a "wow" factor it will creep along with a late rush come kick off so maybe between 9 and 10k of direct paid for.

With 1500-ish "others" I think the like for like will top 11k.

With a "wow" factor then closer to 12K

Can't argue with any of this. Spot on IMHO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ben, where about in Staines are you ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Ben, where about in Staines are you ?

Sorry mate but I'm not in Staines!!

:-)
  • Options
    Back to the Norwich question, all joking aside you need to understand that the local press carry pages of coverage all the time. Norfolk is totally Norwich centered and thus the club draws from the whole county. They have been good at marketing the club locally with shops at the Ground (which is situated on the ring road) and in the shopping mall.

This year they offered some well thought out deals on STs, one of which was a partial refund if they were relegated. They are currently trying to persuade fans out of claiming it.

I think its perhaps unfair to compare us with them. My point was the one about the more who renew their season tickets the better the signal to a would be investor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Ben, where about in Staines are you ?

I think you'll find Ben Staines is Henry Irving. If not he's his twin brother who speaks exactly the same IMHO :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I think you'll find Ben Staines is Henry Irving. If not he's his twin brother who speaks exactly the same IMHO :-)

I'm afraid I'm very much my own person?! Not related or connected to any other poster on here - at least as far as I am aware!!

I hope the comparison is a favourable one Covered End?! From my irregular lurking days, Henry Irving seemed to be one of the most regular and prolific visitors/posters to this site and he usually talks a lot of sense IMHO.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ben_Staines[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I think you'll find Ben Staines is Henry Irving. If not he's his twin brother who speaks exactly the same IMHO :-)

I'm afraid I'm very much my own person?! Not related or connected to any other poster on here - at least as far as I am aware!!

I hope the comparison is a favourable one Covered End?! From my irregular lurking days, Henry Irving seemed to be one of the most regular and prolific visitors/posters to this site and he usually talks a lot of sense IMHO.

definately our Henry in disguise !!
  • Options

How close is Staines to Hayes by the way ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Ben_Staines[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I think you'll find Ben Staines is Henry Irving. If not he's his twin brother who speaks exactly the same IMHO :-)

How close is Staines to Hayes by the way ?

I've never driven between them!! :-)

They are both in Middlesex...I think. So I'd imagine they are not too far apart IMHO.

You a big fan of M25 satellite towns!?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]

How close is Staines to Hayes by the way?

I've never driven between them!! :-)

They are both in Middlesex...I think. So I'd imagine they are not too far apart IMHO.

You a big fan of M25 satellite towns!?

I would go as far as to say they are twinned (identically). Staines aka Hayes aka Irving. Anyway I'll leave you to it now as I'm off :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I would go as far as to say they are twinned (identically). Staines aka Hayes aka Irving. Anyway I'll leave you to it now as I'm off :-)

Good night CE - nice chatting with you even if I have a strange feeling I'm not entirely sure what we were chatting about!